139 posts
Thanks Meter: 70

Post Reply Email Thread
24th November 2017, 08:51 AM |#21  
Flag Paris
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I have 2 bulb and i see them. It's ok now. Thanks !
Is it possible to add the status of the bulb (on/off) somewhere ?

Regards
Quentin

25th November 2017, 02:29 PM |#22  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kent193

Hello,

I have 2 bulb and i see them. It's ok now. Thanks !
Is it possible to add the status of the bulb (on/off) somewhere ?

Regards
Quentin

In the next update I plan to replace the "toggle on/off" button with a proper on/off switch that displays the current status.
4th December 2017, 07:40 PM |#23  

More
Works fine here great job, looking forward for future updates.

Only con with the movie mode, it seems to be flickering alot when switching colors... looks like it needs a more smooth transition between brightness and color changes.
10th December 2017, 03:54 PM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Thanks!
I'm working on a pretty big update, but I'm so busy right now that I don't know when it will be ready.
Also, I keep tweaking movie mode, it's pretty hard to eliminate flickering, I'm trying to minimize it as much as I can.
The Following User Says Thank You to jordi.id96 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jordi.id96 Ad-Free
10th December 2017, 07:11 PM |#25  
Flag Brest
Thanks Meter: 15

More
@jordi.id96, please add inability to run the program again if it's running

P.s. I can help add a translation. For example, Russian, Polish
It would be nice to change icon of the program
10th December 2017, 07:31 PM |#26  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr.freeze-

@jordi.id96, please add inability to run the program again if it's running

I'll take a look into both things

Quote:

It would be nice to change icon of the program

The current one is just temporary, don't worry, it will be replaced with a nice one
17th December 2017, 10:12 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Hi,
I was looking for some cool software for the yeelight, so I came across your project I wrote a little python script with the same purpose as your movie mode a few months ago but it had some little issues. Your implementation of the movie mode seems to be much better (from a technical point of view), but at the moment, I still prefer my own code over yours. The reason: your movie mode applies the new color almost instantly, which creates some serious flickering of colors all the time, which i find really annoying. So here is my suggestion:
Please implement an option for smoothening the movie mode. For example: take the current average screen color and add it to the current bulb color - but without completely overwriting it. Using RGB-components, this could look like this:
Code:
r = (r*smoothness + r_new)/(smoothness+1)
g = (g*smoothness + g_new)/(smoothness+1)
b = (b*smoothness + b_new)/(smoothness+1)
My implementation uses this kind of smoothing and for me, this is much nicer. The light can still change fast enough to have a nice effect but it's not annoying anymore.

Something else: the usage of this gray dragging box is...well...ehm...an option to zoom out would be very helpful.

Also, I want to share an issue I experienced: the program (v1.1.7) couldn't find my bulb (Yeelight Color), either, although firmware was up to date and Lan mode was enabled. The solution was to turn off hamachi (a VPN-client) and after a restart, my bulb was found.

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Mr.freeze-

I can offer a german translation

Greets,
Kooneybert
The Following User Says Thank You to Kooneybert For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Kooneybert Ad-Free
20th December 2017, 06:17 PM |#28  
Flag Athens

More
Thanks for your work. A Default button can be nice also.
21st December 2017, 10:06 AM |#29  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Thanks a lot for your feedback!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kooneybert

The reason: your movie mode applies the new color almost instantly, which creates some serious flickering of colors all the time, which i find really annoying. So here is my suggestion:
Please implement an option for smoothening the movie mode. For example: take the current average screen color and add it to the current bulb color - but without completely overwriting it. Using RGB-components, this could look like this:

Code:
r = (r*smoothness + r_new)/(smoothness+1)
g = (g*smoothness + g_new)/(smoothness+1)
b = (b*smoothness + b_new)/(smoothness+1)
My implementation uses this kind of smoothing and for me, this is much nicer. The light can still change fast enough to have a nice effect but it's not annoying anymore.

I'm aware that the bulb flickers a lot in move mode, I am constantly tweaking it but it has been hard for me to find a balance between flickering and respone time. I''l try your approach and I'll let you know. Thanks!

Quote:

Something else: the usage of this gray dragging box is...well...ehm...an option to zoom out would be very helpful.

Yeah... I implemented that because I found it online and seemed cool. It is not very convinient though. I want to include a better screen color picker.

Quote:

Also, I want to share an issue I experienced: the program (v1.1.7) couldn't find my bulb (Yeelight Color), either, although firmware was up to date and Lan mode was enabled. The solution was to turn off hamachi (a VPN-client) and after a restart, my bulb was found.

Bulb dicovery problems are related to virtual network adapters. I fixed most of the problems with virtualbox and windows virtual adapters, but as you say, there are still other programs I'll have to take care of. I hope the next version I'm woking on can fix those problems once and for all. I've done a lot of testing and looks promising.

As always, I need your feedback, it is very appreciated.
21st December 2017, 10:08 AM |#30  
OP Senior Member
Flag Barcelona

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechManiac89

Thanks for your work. A Default button can be nice also.

Can you explain that a bit more? If you mean setting the default state of the bulb, there's a "Save in device" button that does exactly this.
22nd December 2017, 06:30 PM |#31  
Flag Athens

More
Actually, return to the Default (e.x. 4000K).
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
led, light, rgb, xiaomi, yeelight

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)