FORUMS

2018 Honda Civic HU root

4 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Dimitron84, Junior Member on 12th April 2018, 10:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I was wondering if anything has been developed to root the 2018 Honda Civic HU? I found the video that allowed us to restore the missing browser and gallary apps, however what options do we have to root our HU and install Honda hack to allow app installations?
23rd April 2018, 07:15 AM |#2  

More
Yes please. If anyone has such info please post. I have a 2018 Civic and I'm hoping to eventually do that on my car as the developer option part on 2018 models is not accessible with the same passcode as for the 2017 models. I've been searching the internet for weeks and nothing.
23rd April 2018, 07:28 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
It’s already been foubd
Contact member codeage on xda forums here and ask him for link and password to perform a wireless root on your HU, it works awesome and comes with several apps including Waze!
23rd April 2018, 07:39 AM |#4  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitron84

Contact member codeage on xda forums here and ask him for link and password to perform a wireless root on your HU, it works awesome and comes with several apps including Waze!

Have you tried it already? Can you confirm it works. How recent is this and if it works how come no post has been made by this codeage dude since there are so many people interested in this..
23rd April 2018, 08:42 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member

More
Yup it works, xda won’t let me post a video link, look on YouTube for Honda head unit hack uploaded by ttorres1183 who is also on civicx.com
23rd April 2018, 09:23 AM |#6  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitron84

Yup it works, xda won’t let me post a video link, look on YouTube for Honda head unit hack uploaded by ttorres1183 who is also on civicx.com

2017 is confirmed working but how about with 2018? The passcode is different for 2018 to gain developer access.
23rd April 2018, 10:00 AM |#7  
OP Junior Member

More
Mine is a 2018, Passcode is not needed, as long as you have your browser enabled the Honda hack wireless works through a website without the need for the passcode.
23rd April 2018, 06:42 PM |#8  

More
What's the url to use on the browser for Hondahack on 2018?
23rd April 2018, 08:19 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 251

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

What's the url to use on the browser for Hondahack on 2018?

You have to contact the user Codeage through XDA. It's his private site and he provides users their own private passkey.
The Following User Says Thank You to btonetbone For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift btonetbone Ad-Free
24th April 2018, 06:38 AM |#10  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by btonetbone

You have to contact the user Codeage through XDA. It's his private site and he provides users their own private passkey.

I did contact Codeage and he no longer has a private site for this anymore and provided with a link where I can purchase a Hondahack code but after I buy it, what url do I go to to activate it or install it on my 2018 Civic?
10th May 2018, 03:49 AM |#11  

More
Codeage contact details
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I did contact Codeage and he no longer has a private site for this anymore and provided with a link where I can purchase a Hondahack code but after I buy it, what url do I go to to activate it or install it on my 2018 Civic?

Do you have codeage's contact details? I'd like to contact them to inquire about my 2018 Civic Hatchback HeadUnit and whitelistapk/hack

Thanks for any help you can give
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)