By Dimitron84, Junior Member on 12th April 2018, 10:48 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
10th May 2018, 03:49 AM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Codeage contact details
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected]

I did contact Codeage and he no longer has a private site for this anymore and provided with a link where I can purchase a Hondahack code but after I buy it, what url do I go to to activate it or install it on my 2018 Civic?

Do you have codeage's contact details? I'd like to contact them to inquire about my 2018 Civic Hatchback HeadUnit and whitelistapk/hack

Thanks for any help you can give
10th May 2018, 08:14 AM |#12  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by M1KL83

Do you have codeage's contact details? I'd like to contact them to inquire about my 2018 Civic Hatchback HeadUnit and whitelistapk/hack

Thanks for any help you can give

This is his profile:
https://forum.xda-developers.com/member.php?u=495426

You can contact him from there.
27th May 2018, 04:29 AM |#13  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
2018 Honda Infotainment Head Unit Hack (Cancel Android Restriction and Get Browser)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dimitron84

I was wondering if anything has been developed to root the 2018 Honda Civic HU? I found the video that allowed us to restore the missing browser and gallary apps, however what options do we have to root our HU and install Honda hack to allow app installations?

Please see this video. It shows how to regain the browser back and cancel Android Restriction on your 2018 Honda vehicle. The video uses 2018 Honda CR-V LX-E model as an example.

https://youtu.be/Vx7QNDw_4tw
31st May 2018, 08:37 PM |#14  

More
Honda Hack Pro
I purchased the Honda Hack Pro on May 29, 2018. I purchased a 2018 Honda Civic SE sedan. I received the code from codeage but when I tried installing honda hack it did not work. I contacted codeage and he said that it only works on 1.5/2.0 turbo cars. He was kind enough to give me a refund back for my purchase of the honda hack. He also said he did not have a head unit like the one in 2018 Honda Civic SE cars so he can test out the unit
13th June 2018, 10:20 PM |#15  

More
Works on my Honda Civic EXT 2018
Well I just contacted Codeage and bought the code for my Honda Civic EX-T Sedan 2018 and it worked perfectly, I already have my unit rooted and installed the applications that I use the most, I only wish a GPS that works without an internet connection that is reliable and with good 3D presence, any recommendation?
20th June 2018, 07:23 PM |#16  

More
I recently got my new 2018 Honda Civic Touring. Can you guys tell me the pros and cons of rooting the HU? Is there a potential to brick it, or to screw up the braking system, or something major? Is it possible to unroot it, if need be?

I noticed some YouTube videos where the screen refresh speed after tapping on a button is pretty darn fast compared to mine! How's that possible?

Any way of changing the "MAP" button at the top of the screen to launch Google Maps (on my phone via Android Auto) instead of Garmin?

Any other cool little tricks and ideas?

Oh, and anyone annoyed with the auto windshield wipers? Mine has a mind of its own, and I can't adjust the intermittent delay because then it's in 'auto' mode.
21st June 2018, 10:12 AM |#17  
Flag Dallas, TX
Thanks Meter: 7

More
I actually have run into severe lag issues with my 2018 Civic EX-L using the 2017 Honda Hack provided by codeage. Even my cameras (lane assist and rear-view) lag to the point of being unusable. I'm about to unroot my HU.

My post over there with details: https://forum.xda-developers.com/sho...postcount=1485

UPDATE: Found the issue. TLDR: Don't install Google Play Services on the 2018 Civic HU...that's what caused my severe lag issues. Figured it out while uninstalling apps in prep for unroot.
12th July 2018, 07:34 PM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Has anyone tested this on a non-Turbo 2.0L? I'd really like to get this going on my car!

Thanks everyone!
13th July 2018, 04:10 AM |#19  

More
Does anyone know if this method work on 2017 Accord EXL-V6 models?

Thanks
9th October 2018, 12:36 AM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 14

More
Does this work for the EXL model? Can i use the laptop method or does it require the web service?
24th November 2018, 08:24 PM |#21  

More
I have the passcode code y'all need
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)