FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Eonon GA2178 - 10" Android 9 Head Unit

610 posts
Thanks Meter: 27
 
By ultradj83, Senior Member on 7th June 2019, 11:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2019, 02:23 PM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Sounds great man. Thank you.

You don't by chance have an Android Phone to test it with too do you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
29th September 2019, 05:24 PM |#12  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
GA2178
I installed my Ga2168 in my Nissan Sentra and I have the dongle as well as usb stick, sd card and front and rear cameras as well as GPS and wifi installed. When I originally got this it ran incredible but the 2x I tried to turn it on it would not. I used the reset whole and it finally turned back on. It ran fine after but then a few days later the same thing it would not turn on. The reset button worked again but I contacted support and they sent me two files to do a complete system reinstall. The problem is not that I reinstalled the os it is so slow everything runs slow to the point I don't want to even use this radio. I will say when I first got the machine it worked fine other than not turning on sometimes. The dongle works perfect with IOS and Android I tested both. I will say I prefer to use my phone as a hotspot and just use the tablet as a giant phone.


Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman

Sounds great man. Thank you.

You don't by chance have an Android Phone to test it with too do you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

30th September 2019, 10:14 AM |#13  
CantRepeat's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by millersnmeva

I installed my Ga2168 in my Nissan Sentra and I have the dongle as well as usb stick, sd card and front and rear cameras as well as GPS and wifi installed. When I originally got this it ran incredible but the 2x I tried to turn it on it would not. I used the reset whole and it finally turned back on. It ran fine after but then a few days later the same thing it would not turn on. The reset button worked again but I contacted support and they sent me two files to do a complete system reinstall. The problem is not that I reinstalled the os it is so slow everything runs slow to the point I don't want to even use this radio. I will say when I first got the machine it worked fine other than not turning on sometimes. The dongle works perfect with IOS and Android I tested both. I will say I prefer to use my phone as a hotspot and just use the tablet as a giant phone.

One thing I noticed is how these stereos don't like to run well if they are not getting a full 12.8 volts. I left a dash camera on in the parking mode and it ran the battery down to 12.2 volts before shutting off. After that the stereo seem to run slow and was slow to boot. It even had issues with turning on a few times. This was with my old GA 2176 model. I put the battery on a charger and fully charged it and the stereo went back to normal.

edit - of course I go out to my truck this morning and the stereo wont turn on!!! lol the battery is 12.2 volts. I had to use the reset button to get the stereo to start again.

So if you have a weak battery it can cause issues with the stereo.

---------- Post added at 05:14 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:11 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman

Sounds great man. Thank you.

You don't by chance have an Android Phone to test it with too do you?

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I don't have an android phone, just a MiPad 4 that I can test with.

I do have an issue with the screen being kind of floppy from side to side. Where it connects to the mount on the main head unit isn't that tight of a fit. I sent an email to Eonon and they want me to make a video of it. I'm going to assume there is nothing they can do about it. I'll probably have to make some sort of a wedge to go between the screen and the head unit.
30th September 2019, 01:08 PM |#14  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Mine has a little movement.. not horrible but it would be nice if it was tighter.

Screen isn't very sensitive but I'm used to using my Google Pixel 3 XL.

Seems much more like an old tablet where you had to press hard on the keys to get it to respond.

I am driving an F350 Powerstroke Diesel. It has two 12v batteries so voltage isn't a problem for me.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
30th September 2019, 03:33 PM |#15  
CantRepeat's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Here's the video of the loose screen rattle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QuDxNKSry4U

I sent it to Eonon CS, NIcky, to see what they say but I'm sure it's going to be sorry, that's just how the mount is.
30th September 2019, 03:36 PM |#16  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
That's how mine is. Let me know what you find out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
1st October 2019, 11:42 AM |#17  
CantRepeat's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman

That's how mine is. Let me know what you find out.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

I got a response from eonon, they told me to tighten the screws. As you can see in the video, all of the mounting screws are tight. I told them as much in the first email.

I then got a second email asking me to please make the video private. I can only assume it's to avoid bad press. Well, that isn't going to happen.
11th October 2019, 01:02 AM |#18  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Anybody know if this ROM will work on the GA2178? It's for a px30 and from malaysk. Do I have to root first?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t3915634/page2
17th October 2019, 03:31 PM |#19  
CantRepeat's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZERT_TITAN

Anybody know if this ROM will work on the GA2178? It's for a px30 and from malaysk. Do I have to root first?

https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...t3915634/page2

From what I can see it doesn't support the 2178 or 2176 atm. These two HU are rk3326 with 2 mg of memory and the ROMs you link to only support 3368 and 3399 HU with 4 mg of memory.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eonon, ga2168k, ga2178

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes