Thanks Meter: 27

By ultradj83, Senior Member on 7th June 2019, 12:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th October 2019, 05:59 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirtdawg57

I just got the GA2178. Has anyone figured out how to unlock developers settings or USB debugging?

The passwords are on the Facebook page. I always look it up.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/eonon-o...6876032240531/

I think it's 126 for.most of them.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to 007matman For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift 007matman Ad-Free
27th October 2019, 07:09 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by 007matman

The passwords are on the Facebook page. I always look it up.

https://m.facebook.com/notes/eonon-o...6876032240531/

I think it's 126 for.most of them.

126 is the password for the factory settings but doesn't do anything to unlock developers options unfortunately. The normal tapping on the build number is disabled on this so I am hoping there is some sort of back door method. I do think it has developers settings because when I use Nova launchers activity tool to open developers options it says you need to unlock it first. Not sure why they would lock it down. I sent them an email, hopefully they fix it.
29th October 2019, 10:01 AM |#23  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:

Any update on that GA2178 new device? I bought this one as well but have not installed it yet.

Had to remove it cause no 4G compatible dongles found and very poor Wi-Fi performance.
Did you install, too?
29th October 2019, 10:02 AM |#24  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:

Google Play Store was installed from the factory. I had to install multiple other Google Apps (I have a Pixel 3 and use them all).

Live in Georgia and we've had a heck of a summer. No overheating issues.

Maybe because it's not Google play certified.
29th October 2019, 10:03 AM |#25  
OP Senior Member
Flag Milan

More
Quote:

I have not tried the adapter.

No reviews as of a week or two ago and the company didn't answer my question about how it works or if it would enable the latest version of Android Auto.

I'm very interested but wanted someone else to be the first to try.

Try a canbus adapter for Chinese head units, should work.
29th October 2019, 03:22 PM |#26  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradj83

Had to remove it cause no 4G compatible dongles found and very poor Wi-Fi performance.
Did you install, too?

I'm getting along fine with the WiFi. Seems to work for me.

I did have to contact Eonon and get an update. It's a real pain that they don't just make the updates available on the website.

I am using FCC launcher to get around some of the UI issues.

---------- Post added at 01:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:20 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultradj83

Maybe because it's not Google play certified.

I have Google ay on the head unit. I have not encountered issues installing software.

Some apps don't work because of the screen format. Tapatalk is one of them.

31st October 2019, 03:08 AM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
I did here back from the developer options isn't available at this time. I wish I could find a way to back door open it but am not sure how. It is a decent head unit, I really wish it could be taken off the dash and used as a tablet so I didn't have to sit in the car to play with it. The touch screen isn't the greatest. If you install pdanet you can wifi direct to it which is a lot faster if you are like me with the slow version of Verizon Hotspot.
13th November 2019, 10:37 PM |#28  
Flag Cedar City, UT
Thanks Meter: 24

More
I've had my GA2178 installed for about 3 months now in my Passat and recently found a few apps that make it a totally different experience. First is Car Launcher which makes it feel much more like an OEM head unit (and has some great widgets). Second is Head Unit Reloaded which negates the need for the dongle for Android Auto. I plug in my phone now and it automatically switches to AA using that software.

One of the biggest frustrations is that the Android 8.0 versions got split-screen, but the 9.0 version did not. I would LOVE to be able to split screen between Torque and an audio app, but I have to switch instead. Given the fact that Eonon don't seem to ever want to update these, I think my next approach will be a good bluetooth headunit and a tablet with the Headunit Reloaded app so I can just update whenever I want.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
eonon, ga2168k, ga2178

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)