FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Generic Chinese WinCE6 car multimedia system, can't get in to change things

29 posts
Thanks Meter: 9

By gr8twhite, Junior Member on 22nd December 2019, 03:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
This past July I bought one of those 2 DIN radios off ebay for my 88 corvette. Seller name: Hizpo. Link to the ebay page: https://www.ebay.ca/itm/Double-2-DIN...72.m2749.l2649

I believe it's one of those "double board" units where it runs WinCE6 on one board and android on the other to run IGO9 for navigation. Here's all the hardware/software information I can get out of it:

device stats

I can get into all the factory menus (have the codes), but that's all I can get out of it. I can't even get into the WinCe OS side of things. It just boots up and goes straight to the graphic overlay and no option to get out of it other than turning on the IGO9 Nav. Turn the nav off and it goes straight back to the Graphic overlay. Only once did I actually see the WinCE desktop flash as it swapped back from IGO to the Media player overlay/interface.

I've tried several suggestions I've googled on how to get in to the OS, but nothing works. Everything from programs that run from the SD card to renaming programs (ie: WRtools, Totalcommander, etc) to the Nav software address and trying to launch them. No dice. The head unit resists them all and refuses to show me it's secrets.

The thing is, I'm actually good with the way it works. The only thing I want to change is the boot logo. There are dozens of logo's pre-loaded, but there's only one "Chevrolet" symbol and I would prefer a custom Corvette logo.So I need to find a way to load it up to the proper directory. I'm good with making up muy own logo's in Photoshop with the proper file format, image size, color palate, etc.

I'm not exactly what you would call a "programmer", but I can get around well enough. I used to build carpc's so I'm not totally lost in this type of thing. But I just don't seem to have the right skills/knowledge to get into the OS in order to slip in a custom boot logo.

To re-state, I can change the wallpaper and the boot logo, I just can't find a way to load up a custom boot logo. I'm assuming it is in the winCE6 side of the unit.

I've got an email into the seller to see if I can get a copy of the original firmware so I can use something to crack that open (I used to use Reshacker when I built Car PC's) and see where they are hiding the boot logos. But I don't hold out a lot of hope they will actually have the firmware or that they''ll send it to me. They haven't been overly knowledgeable on other questions, outside of what the access codes were to change the boot logo and the factory settings menu from within the OS itself.

Anyone have any ideas on how I can get into the guts of the unit?

Besides hitting it with a large hammer that is.....
30th December 2019, 11:59 PM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
So I've managed to get a copy of the firmware from the seller. But it's just a bin files and some extensions I don't understand. Anyone know how I might get in to see where the boot logos are?

I'm not looking to change anything, the radio works fine for me as it is. I would just like to add a a custom "corvette" boot up logo....
2nd January 2020, 01:16 AM |#3  
OP Junior Member

More
Hmmm, I guess this part of the forum is pretty dead seeing as it deals with windows CE, which is pretty much defunct these days....
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)