By lionheartk, Senior Member on 21st April 2015, 11:30 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
13th June 2017, 08:58 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout

1: should be possible, just use one of the network adapters I mentioned
2: as far as I can tell, this is always on. But it doesn't hurt to enable developer mode
3: all the time.

Thank you!

Then I'll purchase one of these USB Network modules (I have a lot, USB 3.0 and 2.0, but none with the same chipset).

Regarding the PASS, the solution is get a backup of the same firmware version and decrypt the pass file. Right?

14th June 2017, 09:44 AM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 158

More
Yes indeed.

Open efs-system.img from the firmware files, search for root:
If you find root:, you will see the password hash. This hash is 3des, and can be cracked. That will be your password.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chillout Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 07:24 PM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I found by root this text: daPzPBI8LXeWY could you help me with decrypt???
18th June 2017, 08:14 PM |#24  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdinaveliky

I found by root this text: daPzPBI8LXeWY could you help me with decrypt???

You have a Skoda?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Chillout For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Chillout Ad-Free
18th June 2017, 10:48 PM |#25  

More
Yes MIB2(software 1027) - thanks a lot. Could you help me with setup of connection in green menu between laptotp and MIB?? I would like enable performance monitor.
19th June 2017, 12:04 PM |#26  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdinaveliky

Yes MIB2(software 1027) - thanks a lot. Could you help me with setup of connection in green menu between laptotp and MIB?? I would like enable performance monitor.

Enabling Performance Mode isn't straightforward or easy. There's no configuration file or database that has a "enable performance mode" flag.
However, there are a lot of persistence addresses you could addres by using the updatePersistence binary that comes with firmware updates.
19th June 2017, 07:31 PM |#27  
Thanks Meter: 299

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chillout

However, there are a lot of persistence addresses you could addres by using the updatePersistence binary that comes with firmware updates.

Hi,

Any good documentation for modding the firmware?

Regards.
19th June 2017, 09:24 PM |#28  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by manos78

Hi,

Any good documentation for modding the firmware?

Regards.

None. All of this is trial and error and lots of hours of research.
20th June 2017, 09:27 AM |#29  

More
Have you some experience how update with modified files??? Could be possible use the update like for POI and the next metainfo file could be without signature??? Do you think that could be possible modify this file: efs-persist.img and update to MIB2???
20th June 2017, 02:03 PM |#30  

More
On MIB1 I know this method could be used, but maybe we can explore this on MIB2.
There's a script being executed at the end of a Custom POI update, maybe we can exploit that to update/replace files on the device.
20th June 2017, 04:58 PM |#31  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hi Chillout & others

I have a Mib2 High unit, Seat Plus Navi which is their version of the Discover Pro Mib2, you don't know what happens if you try to update the maps via the SWDL menu and you don't have Mapcare ?. I saw it on a Russian forum which wasn't too clear. They did it on a MIB1 and sort of implied you could do it on a MIB2, then a lot of bad mouthing in Russian on that board comment thread... bit tricky in translated Russian. On an Italian board someone seemed to hang theirs in the SWDL menu. Given that Seat don't sell Mapcare in the UK I'm lumbered with a highly expensive way of keeping the maps up to date unless I find an alternative.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)