By lionheartk, Senior Member on 22nd April 2015, 12:30 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
20th January 2020, 02:10 PM |#61  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by veso266

Hi there new here
does anyone know is it possible to enable the green developer menu without needing to use ODB2 cable (beucase I don't want to buy 50$ + 90$ software (VCDS) if I only need to activate the green Engeneering menu)

Thanks and Best Regards

For me the same, I have shell access but always still need the cable to enable the green menu and also VIM. How to do this via shell, would be awesome.
21st January 2020, 04:02 PM |#62  

More
Mib2 Retro fit
I have upgraded my mib1 to mib2 std techisat , can anyone help with acivation of apps that got deleted when cp was removed
4th February 2020, 11:15 AM |#63  

More
mib2 wlan activation
Quote:
Originally Posted by hugo_nz

Hey guys, I have a 2017 Tiguan with Discover Media MIB2 (same as the Pro minus the sim-card slot). You can access all the coding and features using the OBD-Eleven dongle and app. I have one and have done plenty of customisation on the headunit. Wifi is super easy to enable and the hardware exists in the headunit (yes, the Non-Pro one), but things like Google Earth and Street View require VW CarNet which isn't available in NZ. I can enable all the functions, but since I cannot enrol into the service I cannot enable them, and so none of the features that rely on CarNet work.

The MIB2 headunits also have the coding options to allow Wireless Car Play and Wireless Android Auto, but trying to activate them simply results in an error. To get past that you need a SWaP (Software as Product) release code from VW, and AFAIK those can only be generated in Germany.

Good morning from a windy UK

Could you help me please to activate Wlan on mib2 std with the OBD-Eleven dongle and app.

Ian
22nd February 2020, 10:26 PM |#64  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by big_i_m

I have upgraded my mib1 to mib2 std techisat , can anyone help with acivation of apps that got deleted when cp was removed

I've done much the same - replaced my MIB1 to a MIB2 head unit and can see from the setup menu (hold setup down for 5 seconds or so and you can access the FeC codes installed etc.) that some codes remain from the other car - the VIN number needs to be changed.

I was chatting to my VW guy about the possibility of ODIS bringing the FeC codes across to my VIN when connected - he wasn't sure but will look into it - I'll allow him to use my car as a guinea pig.

I have ordered an ODIS lead and software for myself to play around with and will see what I can do with that too.

Finally, what's up with the login on here? I've been a member for years but the login page loses the input fields...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)