[Q] [Help] Is there a Bluetooth Hands free app

Search This thread

DarkN3ss61

Nov 3, 2013
jlynx.net
Hi recently I have installed a Android tabled as my stereo/Head deck in my car. I was wondering if there is a Bluetooth hands free apps that I could install on my tablet to function as a hands free device for my phone to connect to?

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Hi recently I have installed a Android tabled as my stereo/Head deck in my car. I was wondering if there is a Bluetooth hands free apps that I could install on my tablet to function as a hands free device for my phone to connect to?

you mean something like android auto on your tablet?
never heard of it, but it is a nice idea.
maybe you can mirrorlink your phone to your tablet? losing control of the tablet though ...

my personal setup right now is a nexus7 (wifi only) with music and offline-navigation connected through AUX/headphone jack and my phone connected via BT to the stereo. i can control the phonebook and dial from the car stereo and of course answer calls with just one button. but the smartphone-part of my oneplus is pretty much useless as long as im driving.

DarkN3ss61

Nov 3, 2013
jlynx.net
My Headunit app turns a tablet into a headunit, but it doesn't do anything with Bluetooth at this time. See my sig for the thread.

But I'm not sure this is what the OP wants.

Imagine you have a normal bluetooth stereo in your car. When you get in your car your phone automatically connect. If you receive a call it will come through on the cars speakers. and so on..

Makes more sense?

DarkN3ss61

Nov 3, 2013
jlynx.net
you mean something like android auto on your tablet?
never heard of it, but it is a nice idea.
maybe you can mirrorlink your phone to your tablet? losing control of the tablet though ...

my personal setup right now is a nexus7 (wifi only) with music and offline-navigation connected through AUX/headphone jack and my phone connected via BT to the stereo. i can control the phonebook and dial from the car stereo and of course answer calls with just one button. but the smartphone-part of my oneplus is pretty much useless as long as im driving.

For my setup, I don't have a normal stereo in my car, my tablet is the stereo, so I need hands free capabilities so my phone can connect to my tablet(Stereo). Since its illegal to be using your phone if it is not connected to handsfree in my country. (New Zealand)

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
Damm that sucks. After my finals, if we still can't find an option I might just make the app myself

in my quoted thread someone said that HandsFree-Profile Host mode isn't implemented at all ... so good luck with that :-/
by the way how do you get a decent outpu from your tablet? i mean you just run straight to an amp and do all the mixing in software? would not be my favourite .. :laugh:

DarkN3ss61

Nov 3, 2013
jlynx.net
in my quoted thread someone said that HandsFree-Profile Host mode isn't implemented at all ... so good luck with that :-/
by the way how do you get a decent outpu from your tablet? i mean you just run straight to an amp and do all the mixing in software? would not be my favourite .. :laugh:

I'm using a USB DAC that then connects to a preamp, which then connects the the wire harness in the car to use the stock speakers and amp

elchmartin

Oct 17, 2014
Duesseldorf
Google Nexus 4
Nexus 7
If you are interested, this is the exact same way I set up mine (Same car and everything)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8KjlvHGIK6g

mmhh... nice, but I really dislike the thought of only a software volume... plus no FM is a no-go for me as traffic messages are quite OK here in Germany ;)

But it is a nice project!
Thinking of moving a 1-DIN slot to the central vent for a classic stereo and the install a tab for music and navigation... but I think it's not worth it for my 14year old car :p

DarkN3ss61

Nov 3, 2013
jlynx.net
mmhh... nice, but I really dislike the thought of only a software volume... plus no FM is a no-go for me as traffic messages are quite OK here in Germany ;)

But it is a nice project!
Thinking of moving a 1-DIN slot to the central vent for a classic stereo and the install a tab for music and navigation... but I think it's not worth it for my 14year old car :p

There is hardware volume, the buttons on the steering wheel. They also have next song mute and so on. and you can get FM easily by using this http://www.sdrtouch.com/, you can get a device for about $10 and you can get way more than FM radio, you can get police scanners and so on

mikereidis

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 28, 2011
Ottawa/Gatineau, Canada
There is hardware volume, the buttons on the steering wheel. They also have next song mute and so on. and you can get FM easily by using this http://www.sdrtouch.com/, you can get a device for about $10 and you can get way more than FM radio, you can get police scanners and so on

I bought the SDR-Touch radio app and it's good for what it does and is still one of a kind for Android.

But the downsides of SDR include somewhat limited audio quality and high CPU and power usage and the related heat.