FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Honda HR-V Android Media Console

7 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By kaktos11, Junior Member on 4th November 2017, 02:37 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I have a 2018 Honda HR-V from Brasil. Its equipped with an Android 4.0.4 media console that is "blocked" to outside apps. I want to install more apps, especially Waze and GoogleMaps, and more...
I have made a factory reset and after I have allowed installation of third party apps in the settings menu and tried to install Mike_S Honda Permission, when the file is named "HondaAppCenter_A1.apk".
I tried in two ways, both not working:
1. Download the file on my computer and trying to install in the car using a USB stick - going to install app icon and then it shows me the file but once I press it, the install button is grayed out and I can't continue.
2. Downloading the file directly form the website to the console - the install processes starts but at the end it says that the app wasn't installed without giving any explanations.

I don't know how to program files and compile / decompile etc., so please avoid suggesting these kind of solutions.

Thanks
9th November 2017, 12:50 AM |#2  
OP Junior Member

More
Please help
anyone?
PLEASE....
13th May 2018, 06:32 PM |#3  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kaktos11

anyone?
PLEASE....

Same problem here...
I have tried to follow instructions from this thread: https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...-2017-t3621582
But no luck.
Anyone has any ides?
10th October 2018, 03:04 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member

More
Anything???
27th January 2019, 05:39 PM |#5  

More
Found the solution! Worked for me (European HR-V 2017)
You can find full description here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...2#post77497592

Short description is:
1. Downgrade system version RC7/8 to RC6.1 (file available in a link below is described as "compatible with Civic Tourer with Honda Connect ID code 6VCB" but worked perfectly for me)
2. Reset to factory defaults (you will loose all settings!)
3. change the name of any app you want to install to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk (find the version that supports supports Android 4.0.4 and ARM processor)
4. Copy it to USB and go to install app... works like a charm
5th July 2019, 01:56 PM |#6  

More
What about from note usb stick: "if you want to install the program you need a honda certificate". How did you do that?
19th November 2019, 04:17 PM |#7  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by axh

Found the solution! Worked for me (European HR-V 2017)
You can find full description here: https://forum.xda-developers.com/gen...2#post77497592

Short description is:
1. Downgrade system version RC7/8 to RC6.1 (file available in a link below is described as "compatible with Civic Tourer with Honda Connect ID code 6VCB" but worked perfectly for me)
2. Reset to factory defaults (you will loose all settings!)
3. change the name of any app you want to install to HondaAppCenter_A1.apk (find the version that supports supports Android 4.0.4 and ARM processor)
4. Copy it to USB and go to install app... works like a charm

Hello!

Where can I download the RC6.1 downgrade file for the 2016 Honda Jazz?

Regards
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)