FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

How do I clear cache on cm84 dvp v2.1 which looping because of Android upgrade

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By germarine59036, Junior Member on 31st May 2019, 05:13 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello guys I hope you can help me. I have a car GPS (Unfortunately I am not allowed to publish links here but is a regular chinnese dash cam with GPS). It comes with a "board" cm84 dvp v2.1. It was working fine until one day I turned it off without knowing it was doing an Android upgrade on the back and after that it started looping while boot. So it shows the splash screen then it says that Android is upgrading - Upgrade 1 of 1 and then it just restart again. My guess is that part of the upgrades files were stored in cache and they now don't allow the GPS to boot. I know normally entering the Recovery boot via Down volume + power button I can clear cahe and even factory reset it, but the thing with this device is that it doesn't have any volume button, the only button it has is the power one so I have no idea how to access that option. Does anyone know how I can do that? Also, just in case, when I plug the device via USB to my Windows 10 laptop I see 2 units (D: and F on device manager but not on Windows Explorer.... in case there is no way to access the recovery boot because of not having a down volume button... is there any way I can just delete the cache folder content from Windows using any software? Thanks a lot in advance for any hand you can give me. I tried Coolmuster Android Eraser which detects an Unknown Android device but asks it to configure it to accept USB debugging which clearly I can't do.
29th December 2019, 06:24 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any solution?
Hello,
I am facing same issue with my device. Did you manage to find any solution to this problem.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)