FORUMS

Kia Android Head Unit Update Bootloop

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Ryangrimesuk, Junior Member on 27th April 2019, 08:15 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

I recently did the Kia hack and installed some extra apps. Stupidly I pressed update within the android menu.

I now have a continuing bootloop which goes round three times stating the system is updating. It flashes three
times and then completely reboots and start the cycle.
i have scoured the internet for the past three days and the only resolution I can find is to remove the unit and flash
it by soldering. This is an extreme I don't want to go to.

Just looking for some advice if anyone knows how to get into the android recovery mode through pressing buttons or
if i can write something to an SD card that will allow the update to continue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
19th May 2020, 12:24 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryangrimesuk

Hi All,

I recently did the Kia hack and installed some extra apps. Stupidly I pressed update within the android menu.

I now have a continuing bootloop which goes round three times stating the system is updating. It flashes three
times and then completely reboots and start the cycle.
i have scoured the internet for the past three days and the only resolution I can find is to remove the unit and flash
it by soldering. This is an extreme I don't want to go to.

Just looking for some advice if anyone knows how to get into the android recovery mode through pressing buttons or
if i can write something to an SD card that will allow the update to continue?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

I imagine you attempted the hard reset button correct? I used to work for a Kia dealer, and you I screwed up someones mapnsoft update to add apple carplay into a 2016 Sportage and one of the techs had an update USB that I used to kick it out of its boot loop. Maybe call a service department and ask if they'd spare you five mins.

I'm having a 7 month ordeal with my head unit being stuck on the UVO screen, curious what information you read about soldering? I've completely obsessed over the PCB boards inside of my head unit and can't find any UART or JTAG serial ports that stand out.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)