11 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By liinko, Junior Member on 23rd October 2016, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
27th July 2017, 09:55 PM |#11  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 51

More
I have an S8 and it does have Samsung Mirrorlink app, scrol down further and look for Samsung mirrorlink .
But i cannot downgrade it.
I can connect but cannot activate Lg mirrordrive, it appears but cannot be opened.
.I have no plan Sh....

29th July 2017, 09:56 PM |#12  
Flag Groningen

More
We need an app for mirrorlink to make all apps working in the car.
I now use android auto but that allows no other navigation then Waze or Googlemaps.
31st July 2017, 07:28 PM |#13  
Flag Espoo
Thanks Meter: 34

More
I totally agree that I also trying to find full mirroring solution with my S8+ & skoda superb (2017).
31st July 2017, 07:30 PM |#14  
Flag Groningen

More
ore the same hack of androidauto
1st August 2017, 04:50 AM |#15  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
So, I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge running 6.0.6.0.1 stock non root and a 2017 Peugeot 208 SMEG + IV2 mirrorlink capable unit.
I recently upgraded my phone to 7.0 and Mirrordrive stopped working. All I got was a black screen or a message telling me that app is not supported.
Finally I decided and rolled back to 6.01 and everything went back working again.
So, my question is: is this expected? Was LG Mirrordrive bug fixed on android 7?
1st August 2017, 06:50 AM |#16  
Flag Groningen

More
thats very good possible.
For me it also did not work, s8 with anxroid 7.
The Following User Says Thank You to ..::Jacob::.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ..::Jacob::.. Ad-Free
6th August 2017, 03:29 PM |#17  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nims

Thanks @dyadya n1! I also had to uninstall the mirror-link update on my Galaxy S7 for this to work.

For others, here is how you uninstall the mirror-link update:
Goto Settings->Apps-> Select "Show System Apps" from the menu at the top -> Select Samsung Mirrorlink 1.1 -> Select the the "Uninstall Updates" option from the menu at the top.

Will this make the LG MirrorDrive app stop crashing? Will mirrorlink still work after I uninstall the updates?
21st September 2017, 07:58 AM |#18  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Hi.
Just read your post and I wanted to thank you.
Thanks to the LG mirrordrive I am able to stream the screen of my galaxy s6 g920f to my Skoda Octavia 3 with Columbus 2 system.
21st September 2017, 03:22 PM |#19  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
Connected my Note8 to my Seat Leon.
For seconds all 3 mirrorlink apps showed up as the available mirrorlink apps.
Then they all disappeared after a few secodns and the only available app was Carmode (I guess the stub).
Never again the the other apps (LG Mirrordrive, SEAT App, RockScout) showed up. Now they only "live" inside the CarMode app. Of course, the LG MirrorDrive trick does not work from within the CarMode app.

Seems Android 7.0 and above do some filtering allowing only CarModeStub or Carmode.
And the stub (probably doing the filtering) only allows CarMode to run ("Install carmode shows up on the dashboard").

My Samsung A3 with android 6 works perfectly with LG Mirrordrive crashing into to the screen and allowing other apps to run piggybacking oh the screen mirroring.
As soon as it upgraded to android 7 it stopped working, showing the same behaviour as the Note8.
Reverting to android 6 it went back to "normal".

Very very annoying. Why can't all applications be run for the passenger enjoyment?
The Following User Says Thank You to Alferboy For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Alferboy Ad-Free
25th September 2017, 07:19 PM |#20  
Thanks Meter: 28

More
I'm on my Galaxy S6 7.0 and found a way to make it work. With messing around, after finding these topics about LG MirrorDrive and not working... I still tried. And I got it to work once and never again after... Till today.

Was messing around again and it worked and now I recalled what I just did and tried it again, but didn't work. So I kept trying, different tests and suddenly worked again, and restarte again and now I can get it to work after about a minute or so. It seems to be timing sensitive, but in short it goes like this:

Connect phone, start RockScout, press backbutton in screen, Start LG app, (it will say Lauching app or so, doing this out of my head) while it says that, backout quick, Click on the icon for running appsand Close RockScout, quickly go back and press 1:1 button? If lucky you will see "this app cannot be started now" (or something like that) press back again, press 1:1 again and there was my phone!

It is tricky, but Im getting better at it

If someone wants a video if they don't succeed and want proof to keep you going, I'll see I can make one .
28th September 2017, 11:51 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I have Samsung S8 and I would like to see your video and all apps what are you using - I need see how to do because I am desperate for it and Android 7 is very bad for mirrorlink

Please let me know if is it possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nees3

I'm on my Galaxy S6 7.0 and found a way to make it work. With messing around, after finding these topics about LG MirrorDrive and not working... I still tried. And I got it to work once and never again after... Till today.

Was messing around again and it worked and now I recalled what I just did and tried it again, but didn't work. So I kept trying, different tests and suddenly worked again, and restarte again and now I can get it to work after about a minute or so. It seems to be timing sensitive, but in short it goes like this:

Connect phone, start RockScout, press backbutton in screen, Start LG app, (it will say Lauching app or so, doing this out of my head) while it says that, backout quick, Click on the icon for running appsand Close RockScout, quickly go back and press 1:1 button? If lucky you will see "this app cannot be started now" (or something like that) press back again, press 1:1 again and there was my phone!

It is tricky, but Im getting better at it

If someone wants a video if they don't succeed and want proof to keep you going, I'll see I can make one .

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)