11 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By liinko, Junior Member on 23rd October 2016, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th September 2017, 11:51 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hello,

I have Samsung S8 and I would like to see your video and all apps what are you using - I need see how to do because I am desperate for it and Android 7 is very bad for mirrorlink

Please let me know if is it possible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nees3

I'm on my Galaxy S6 7.0 and found a way to make it work. With messing around, after finding these topics about LG MirrorDrive and not working... I still tried. And I got it to work once and never again after... Till today.

Was messing around again and it worked and now I recalled what I just did and tried it again, but didn't work. So I kept trying, different tests and suddenly worked again, and restarte again and now I can get it to work after about a minute or so. It seems to be timing sensitive, but in short it goes like this:

Connect phone, start RockScout, press backbutton in screen, Start LG app, (it will say Lauching app or so, doing this out of my head) while it says that, backout quick, Click on the icon for running appsand Close RockScout, quickly go back and press 1:1 button? If lucky you will see "this app cannot be started now" (or something like that) press back again, press 1:1 again and there was my phone!

It is tricky, but Im getting better at it

If someone wants a video if they don't succeed and want proof to keep you going, I'll see I can make one .

9th October 2017, 11:14 PM |#22  

More
Hi,
I've got a huawei p8 lite and I'd like to have mirror link working on my Erisin (android 6.0 octacore) HU. Is it possible?
12th October 2017, 07:51 AM |#23  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
For Skoda users I found an easiest solution and it works 100% of the time.

Prerequisite :

- Install the ButtonSavior app (free) (Link)

Steps : (to be done when the car is stopped, else an error message is displayed)

- Connect you phone and start mirrorlink in the car (Columbus 2 for me)
- Launch the SkodaOne app (Link)
- Then Use the "multitask" shortcut from button Savior
- Close all background apps

It goes then to your homescreen

Launch the app you want.
12th October 2017, 11:41 PM |#24  
Flag Canterbuy

More
Samsung galaxy note 5
Hello everyone,

I was reading the current thread but I got a little bit confused in the end and I don't think I can do what's suggested. in here: "because the application is meant to work with only LG phones, when you attempt to open it with a non-LG phone, it will automatically close and give you a toast message saying "LG MirrorDrive only works with LG phones that support MirrorLink." This brings you to the last screen you had open on your phone before you connected it to your car, and you now have the phone fully mirrored on to the screen, with touch control"
: IM TOTALLY CONFUSED ABOUT WHAT TO DO HERE

I am currently driving a peugeout 108 with mirror link technology and I have a samsung galaxy note 5. I have tried to use LG mirror link but it doesn't work and I think is because of that pop up message that says LG mirror only works with LG phone that support mirror link. So the app appears on the screen of the car, but unfortunately when I click on it it remains blank.

I was wondering if there is a way to overcome that on my phone.

Is there a way to make LG mirror work or any compatible apps?

Many thanks in advance

P.S I am desperate
13th October 2017, 01:15 AM |#25  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 51

More
In the menu of your phone you can shutdown messages from lg mirror app.
13th October 2017, 11:29 AM |#26  
Flag Canterbuy

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ..::Jacob::..

In the menu of your phone you can shutdown messages from lg mirror app.

Hi jacob,

That's the thinf. Even if I turn off the notifications from the lg mirror app, it still doesn't work. If I tap it on my phone when is not connected to the car it doesn't do anything and when I use it on the car, the car's screen remains blank and nothing happens.
13th October 2017, 12:06 PM |#27  
Flag Groningen

More
Do you have Mirrorlink approved Apps on your Phone?
Otherwise the screen will stay blank.
Forget Mirrorlink try AA.
13th October 2017, 01:18 PM |#28  
Flag Canterbuy

More
Quote:

Do you have Mirrorlink approved Apps on your Phone?
Otherwise the screen will stay blank.
Forget Mirrorlink try AA.

Well Yeah, lg mirror drive is a mirror link approved app and the phone support mirror link as well.

What's AA?

Thank for your help bdw, I really appreciate it
13th October 2017, 02:38 PM |#29  
Flag Groningen

More
AA is android auto you can find all about this in this forum more than 60 pages.
Lg drive nowadays don't work anymore and there are not much apps for mirrorlink.
24th October 2017, 02:56 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 43

More
Quote:

AA is android auto you can find all about this in this forum more than 60 pages.
Lg drive nowadays don't work anymore and there are not much apps for mirrorlink.

Download and older version of LG Mirrordrive - it works.
I am on S8+ but my only gripe is the Voice Command (Ok Google or Hi Bixby) doesnt work unlike the one on HTC m8 where it replicates the phone entirely
The Following User Says Thank You to natzakaria For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift natzakaria Ad-Free
24th October 2017, 09:49 AM |#31  
Flag Groningen

More
Do you have an older Apk?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)