Mostly working phone mirroring through MirrorLink

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 13

By liinko, Junior Member on 23rd October 2016, 06:37 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
18th August 2018, 12:54 PM |#51  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Samsung S9+ works with LG Mirrordrive. Allows me to mirror my phone like for like, haven't tried out OK google as yet but will try it out and see what happens. I've got a Pioneer head unit installed which allows both Android Auto and Mirrorlink

28th August 2018, 09:11 PM |#52  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quick help on how did you do plz ?
2nd October 2018, 10:13 PM |#53  
Flag Curitiba
Thanks Meter: 154

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by knizamudeen

Quick help on how did you do plz ?

Just read few pages before and I explained all of the process... simple and easy.
15th October 2018, 03:48 PM |#54  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Ok, I have a 2016 CRV and an LG G7 ThinQ. I can plug in, start up the LG MirrorDrive and just get the basic 3 apps. Phone, Music, Messages
I found the Sygic Nav app which works... for 7 days. then its $99. Is there any way to just use google maps? It wont kick back out of the LG MirrorDrive app, because I have an LG lol. I read about floating apps making it work, but seems overly complicated.

Sure wish I had the 2017 CRV since that has Android auto... figures lol.
11th January 2019, 01:19 AM |#55  
Thanks Meter: 130

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangadaywalker

The problem is not the version of link. Usually most recent phones like your S7 has Mirror Link 1.1.

To better do the procedure, you need LG Mirror Drive 1.2.1.2 and RockScout. That should be it.

1 - Open Rockscout and wait it load.
2 - Go back to the Mirror Link apps on the Multimedia.
3 - Click on LG Mirror Drive. You should see your screen stay 2-3s black.
4 - If it goes back to the Rockscout procedure worked.
5 - With Button Savior, open Google Maps, Waze, Android Auto or anything else.

You should now see the apps you want.

I'm using this method with my Samsung S7 Edge 8.0 and Seat Leon 2016. I see my S7E home screen and can open any app I want but as soon as I start to drive the screen goes black, I can still hear Spotify and Waze in the car speakers but can't see anything on the screen.

Any suggestions?

EDIT:

Solved.
24th January 2019, 08:18 AM |#56  
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pangadaywalker

The problem is not the version of link. Usually most recent phones like your S7 has Mirror Link 1.1.

To better do the procedure, you need LG Mirror Drive 1.2.1.2 and RockScout. That should be it.

1 - Open Rockscout and wait it load.
2 - Go back to the Mirror Link apps on the Multimedia.
3 - Click on LG Mirror Drive. You should see your screen stay 2-3s black.
4 - If it goes back to the Rockscout procedure worked.
5 - With Button Savior, open Google Maps, Waze, Android Auto or anything else.

You should now see the apps you want.

i confirm it works on my galaxy s9 and peugeot 208.
i unistalled carmode and turned off notifications for lg mirrordrive 1.2.1.2 and everything works good so far but i'm yet to test it more intensly.
i can notice low frame rates but oh well, it's better than nothing i would say.
thanks for sharing
9th February 2019, 01:00 PM |#57  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Fully working and stable
I’ve been trying to find a way to fully mirror my non rooted S8 phone to a Columbus head unit in a Skoda Octavia for a long time, but now with Full Mirror from Playstore have a completely stable solution! I don’t know if this will work as well with other phones or head units. However, I did it with some changes to the instructions given by the developer. Before plugging in your phone:
1. Make sure you have LG Mirror Drive v1.2.1.2 installed – no other version will work. Prevent updates in Google Play, installed apps.
2. Uninstall Samsung car mode if you have it
2. LG Mirror needs to start each time from a completely fresh state, so go to settings/apps/LG MirrorDrive and clear all data AND force stop. This needs to be done every time you plug in your phone.
3. To improve the look of your phone’s home screen on the head unit, go to home screen settings and untick portrait mode only. This only needs doing once
4. Close any running apps
5. Open Full Mirror to see the three icons as per instructions
6. On the head unit make sure the connection will be via Mirror Link NOT Android Auto
7. Plug in phone
8. Tap LG MirrorLink on head unit and the phone’s home screen will immediately appear together with the three Full Mirror icons and an LG error message at the bottom. The icons and error message disappear after a few seconds.
9. Now you can use the head unit in exactly the same way as you would use your phone, except to return or exit an application back to home screen DON’T use the Launcher icon, only the Recent Apps icon. In fact I place the Launcher and keyboard icons to the side and never use them.
10. If you mistakenly return to Mirror Link home page you’ll need to unplug the phone and start again from 4.

That’s it. The only thing so far I can’t get to work is the car’s microphone with google search as others have said (anyone found a solution for this?), but that’s nothing to do with the app. The phone is connected to car via Bluetooth for calls, so this works as normal. Also if I temporarily exit Mirror Link to use the radio or anything else on the head unit, when I come back to it the full mirroring is still there (as long as the phone hasn’t been unplugged).
The Following User Says Thank You to Cape8 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Cape8 Ad-Free
8th August 2019, 12:45 AM |#58  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
I've not found a solution on the s10e. Only works using an A5 connected to a 2014 honda civic.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)