Also very interested in this, I have a 2015 Cherokee.
I've been looking at all the solutions out there for adding functionality and haven't found a perfect solution yet.
There are dongle solutions with video receivers, (UCONNECT LOCKPICK AIR V2) but this doesn't allow the use of the touch screen
There are the RAX jailbreak products that are just software and add a few camera switching solutions and disable lockouts.
There are complete android systems that patch into the resistive touchscreen. This option is interesting but requires an invasive hardware mod.
I would love to see things like;
- unlocking the NAV on the nav-enabled units
- changing the default options on certain vehicle functions
- reverse the engine auto-start/stop functionality to off by default
- set the seat heaters to low by default)
- disable lockouts for cameras/GPS
- switch to camera on-demand
- a web browser would be nice.
- android and/or ios device mirroring.