9 Vote(s)
5.63%
Something even more awsome

3 Vote(s)
1.88%
Remove speed lockout

6 Vote(s)
3.75%
Add features (i.e. movies on the screen/games)

16 Vote(s)
10.00%

Rooted Jeep Cherokee '14 uConnect

50 posts
Thanks Meter: 22

By cm0002, Member on 5th September 2015, 03:40 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th April 2020, 05:06 PM |#271  
Thanks Meter: 23

More
I also have the Android Extension V4 with 7.1.2 Android built into UConnect 8.4 VP3.
Has anyone successfully get root access? When yes how?
12th April 2020, 01:22 PM |#272  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
never mind i worked out how to successfully edit the manifest.lua file and get it to run my script before having to update.
25th April 2020, 01:43 PM |#273  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Coronita results:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200425_135902.jpg
Views:	204
Size:	77.3 KB
ID:	5003713   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200426_125504.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	64.2 KB
ID:	5004509   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200427_201952.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	5005885   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200427_202100.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	75.5 KB
ID:	5005887  
28th April 2020, 06:31 AM |#274  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Do share how have you loaded the uconnect software?
28th April 2020, 06:08 PM |#275  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nihonjin

Do share how have you loaded the uconnect software?

It takes a Dingleberry to load it Rooting a Playbook was probably a hot topic some 8 years ago... Otherwise it is to copy the files out from your HU and to figure out which of the 600 lines of boot.sh would not drive the Playbook QNX completely nuts
10th May 2020, 04:35 PM |#276  

More
Here's one way how to get to the splash screen of your homebrew qnx car platform on Dingleberry-book.
First copy some full folders off your HU ( bin etc lib usr ) and ( fs/mmc0/app/bin fs/mmc1 fs/etfs ). Hint: create tarballs to maintain symlinks, but copy tar&gzip along as binaries, those are missing on PB.

(For direct usbnet connection one might need to switch PB storage&sharing USB connection to Mac setting)
Then run your own sshd instance at another TCP port on PB so that you can slay qconn and friends while connected on root shell. As root you can create new folders on PB including, yeah, under root folder. Also /fs/ appears to be persistent, so clone mmc0, mmc1 and etfs folders there, but have rest of folders ready in say /uconnect.

At this point ensure your PB screen is awake, as power manager or something needed to wake up screen gets killed along:
Code:
/base/scripts/startup.sh runlevel 0
You may kill even more of the still running PB services, but these keep her alive ( screen hid filesystem pty net usbmgr ).
Code:
RUN_LEVEL_0_SERVICES="bootinfo pps simconfig powerman lpddrmon phyctrl battery bootreason logging splashscreen rtc dumper  drmclock authman random coreservices perimeter audio dtminit certmgr vpn wpa radio"
for i in $RUN_LEVEL_0_SERVICES; do /scripts/startup.sh $i stop; done
Now did you kill too many, did you? Test and take a look at your PB: /fs/mmc0/app/bin/gles1-gears
Create new symlink within HU usr folders, say /uconnect/usr/lib/graphics/ omap4430 -> /base/usr/lib/graphics/omap4430/
Now overlay HU folders to PB root folder in-memory non-persistent qnx style:
Code:
ln -sfP /uconnect/usr/ /usr
ln -sfP /uconnect/lib/ /lib                 
ln -sfP /uconnect/etc/ /etc                 
ln -sfP /uconnect/bin/ /bin
Export variables:
Code:
export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/lib:/lib/dll:/usr/lib:/fs/mmc0/app/lib
export LUA_PATH='./?.lua;/usr/bin/?.lua;/usr/bin/?/init.lua'
export PATH=.:/bin:/usr/bin:/fs/mmc0/app/bin
export CONSOLE_DEVICE=/dev/stdout
Ready or not, you can actually run the main HMI ui with AIR launcher now:
Code:
/bin/adl -runtime /lib/air/runtimeSDK /fs/mmc0/app/share/hmi/main.xml
And there you have it, ladies & gentlemen - the splash screen! Most probably you cannot get any further, because of all the skipped services (and missing DBUS and PPS). Those are expected to be ready and running, before UI gets ready to show. So you are left here now with this:
1) either create fake or clone from HU some ( dev fram ipc ) entries and launch all LUA bundles in boot.sh;
2) patch MainSupplement.swf Peripheral.class and pushfalse to skip peripherals you do not need;
3) combine 1 and 2, works for me
20th May 2020, 01:05 AM |#277  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Force Update Uconnect NON "NA" Market
Hey Guys, i have an older 14.47.1 version of uconnect, i'm trying to update at least to 16.XX but the error "system market mismatch, stick contains NA, but target is RW." shows after trying to update.

Is there a possibility to use your code/hack to bypass the market check and update?

*** EDIT***
I managed to install 17.43.01 version, but it looks like this is the higher version for ROW (Same Zone as Australia) can you confirm if this is the latest version in Australia, or how can i bypass the market check when trying to install a 18 US version?
20th May 2020, 07:47 PM |#278  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by radsliwa

I am heartbroken. For four days I have been trying to change the USA version to Europe in my Cherokee 2015. I think I drove with a USB stick about a million kilometers from home to the garage Unfortunately, the version in it is 18.11.07. I have read that it is not possible to downgrade to 16:xx:xx to use your software. Do you have any idea? I'm not a programmer, but maybe someone would modify version 18.11.07 or newest 18.45.01? What do U think about it?

I’m also interested in this version, not EU but ROW, did you solve this?
20th May 2020, 10:30 PM |#279  
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 102

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by karlonch0

Hey Guys, i have an older 14.47.1 version of uconnect, i'm trying to update at least to 16.XX but the error "system market mismatch, stick contains NA, but target is RW." shows after trying to update.

Is there a possibility to use your code/hack to bypass the market check and update?

*** EDIT***
I managed to install 17.43.01 version, but it looks like this is the higher version for ROW (Same Zone as Australia) can you confirm if this is the latest version in Australia, or how can i bypass the market check when trying to install a 18 US version?

Not now.

The v14 software has been well well hacked, however the v17 firmware you have updated to is not hacked or currently hackable.

Sent from my Samsung Fold using Tapatalk
21st May 2020, 11:39 PM |#280  

More
And to share your pain, the Aussie reseller of RAM's in Brisbane has their vehicles going out the door with USA map and Radio increments (bugger). Always 25K to New York and there is no workaround unfortunately, best way is access to fix these issues however I will have to await the work of others to see what can be done or not. If I cannot get to the product ID, we cant solve this one.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
blackberry, jeep, qnx, root, uconnect

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)