Rooted Jeep Cherokee '14 uConnect

What do you wanna see most on a uconnect system

• Total voters
Search This thread

SquithyX

May 24, 2006
Bradford
Sorry with all the posts on an old thread, but I finally solved it and all australian maps up and running thanks to this forum and others. I just had an issue with the basemap and lyc file given I was moving from a non nav unit in AU so had to get the right lyc and map to fire up. Works a hoot.

Hi Mousie123,

Can I just ask you what lyc / basemap / version of maps... have you used as I am working on a map pack for everybody to be able to use but am unable to find a upto date AU / NZ map with valid lyc files.
I have 2018q4 TomTom and HERE AU / NZ maps but cant use them as no lyc for them.

I currently have a Full EU 2019q1 and NA 2018q3 map pack and would like to be able to offer a ROW (AU/NZ) pack lol

Mousie123

May 2, 2017
Hi,

In the end I used the basemap from the sox website, it was the only AU/NZ map update available for MY2014 and currently posted on that forum. It works with my (8) *.Lyc files for 2018Q2 IGO World Nextgen for andriod. So I didn't need any uConnect lyc files at all. for some strange reason, the original basemap in my (8/13 Wk2) non-nav MY13 RebB 8.4 uconnect would not work given I was the odd one out as Jeep changed to the 8.4 in Aug 2013 but if you look at the sox map update the */lyc files cater for RevB and RevA and only for MY14 (Leighm0 advice on matching years is very correct). Forcing productid change from RevB to A or MY13 to My14 combinations failed influence this. the Map AU/NZupdate file were all for MY14. Luckly I had years ago copied off a single Lyc file from the premium section in jeep .org which was for a MY13 RebB file and that was the only lyc that would work in my jeep initially to get access to India, Argentenia and a couple of other country maps from the ROW profile installed.

A side issue I cannot confirm is in th process I removed the entire VR folder, fired it up and then reloaded the VR folder. I'm not 100 percent certain something had effect here. Also, checked a few GPS sites after comparing my lyc files and obvioulsy I would have been wasting my time with maps and unknown quantity with lyc's. I.e. you want to know you have a valid set for when modding here.

Another side issue I had with USB uploading method is for some reason one command must have been a space or letter out hence I gave up on that with a half load (my fault of course) and just reverted to network in on my dlink subD (rev.b1) dongle so manage the transfers direct. Hope this helps

Last edited:

cm0002

Aug 28, 2010
hey everyone!

Its been awhile, glad to see this thread has evolved so much :)

anyways, has anyone else been having trouble running cmds.sh off USB? I'm still on 14.05.3, and got the annoying OTA nag screen, i was working on how to supress it and did an initial redump with cmds.sh, but after that cmds.sh stopped working. Sometimes i can get something simple to run like echo foo > /fs/usb0/test.txt if i keep changing USBs out, but anything more complex simply doesn't run

Mousie123

May 2, 2017
Activation code directory appearing in License folder

Folks, this empty folder is appearing in my license folder and was not there before. I deliberately removed it and it springs back. So is this a hint to perform the touch cmd to create ACTIVATION_CODE within the License folder to assist here. Anyone else noticed this? I just don't want to rip all my IGO maps out to see what this does?

Last edited:

drizze99

Apr 22, 2005
Bear
I just bought a 2016 Challenger RT+ which comes with the 8.4 RA4 touch screen. I also just bought the Z Automotive Tazer OBDII dongle.

I'll start by saying that I HATE Uconnect! I want to unlock the Performance Pages and I've done it twice now after restoring the radio to factory defaults and after about 30 sec, Uconnect flags the app and deletes it making me one pist off Challenger owner.

I would love to neutralize Uconnect. Every though I don't have an active Uconnect account, I feel like the radio is communicating with FCA to delete that app.

drizze99

Apr 22, 2005
Bear
@Tooltime you seem to be the only user in this thread that has a Dodge Challenger. Do you have the Performance Pages activated and working on your car? It looks like the Uconnect firmware that is on my Challenger is 16.09.09 according to the engineering menu. V850 App is 16.7.0 and the V850 Boot is 13.1.0...

D

Deleted member 10061926

asdfasfsfsadgasgsdag

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 10061926

asdfasfsfsadgasgsdag

Last edited by a moderator:

devmihkel

Apr 10, 2018
Hey, version 16.09.x sounds very much rootable (anything lower than 16.51.xx they say) and once you have wifi and ssh root access, I guess you can just as well block any unwanted connections with packet filter. Though I did not have to do that as 8.4 RA4 of mine is very much outside of Sprint coverage :eek:

In my case it was just enough to poke with preferences file in Performance Pages app folder to make it appear in the menu (to make the car model string match). Some sensors show nothing in my case (like G-force), but that's kind of expected considering the car model at hand. App itself appears to work fine though.

@Tooltime you seem to be the only user in this thread that has a Dodge Challenger. Do you have the Performance Pages activated and working on your car? It looks like the Uconnect firmware that is on my Challenger is 16.09.09 according to the engineering menu. V850 App is 16.7.0 and the V850 Boot is 13.1.0...

drizze99

Apr 22, 2005
Bear
Well I think I might have screwed myself. I was working with another MY16 Challenger owner who updated his firmware to the latest version (17.43.01) and since he was working just fine, I went and updated my system and I thought I had it since the Performance Pages lasted an entire day. My happiness was squished quickly the next day when the pages were gone again. Now I think I am on an un-rootable version of Uconnect. :(

Mousie123

May 2, 2017
Hi Folks, I need to get a DRM.jar file out of a jeep that had off road maps by default. Does anyone know which jeep type I need to look out for so I can download the ISO? Because if I use the touch disable DRM on my 14.25.5 I find that my standard settings and engineering menu disappear so that option will not work for me. Thankyou

skoriy88

Nov 1, 2019
Guys greeting from Ukraine! I looked through the different topics at different forums but still have a problem. I have a 2015 Dodge Durango from the USA. UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.11.07_MY15_NAFTA is now installed, the official site offers an update to UCONNECT_8.4A_RA3_17.43.01_MY15_NAFTA.
But, I have a strong desire to have European localization (Radio frequencies, Russian lenguage, if possible activate navigation). I have decompiled some lua files from the archives of version 17, looked through all the scripts, but so far I can’t figure out how to install for example UCONNECT_8.4AN_RG4_17.09.07_MY15_EMEA or UCONNECT_8.4AN_RG4_17.46.01_MY15_EMEA on my car?
Maybe someone can post step-by-step instruction - it would be great! Any help is greatly appreciated !!!
Thanks a lot!

marx232

May 7, 2016
Hi
I download firmware UCONNECT_8.4AN_RA4_17.43.01_MY15_NAFTA
and problem with Embedded Air Card
Possible in update skip?
I have problem with stop in 1%, now uconnect is only restarting with info about insert usb stick.
Reset no working.

edit file manifest.lua only need?
or after editing need checksum?

Last edited:

quid246

Sep 22, 2009
Maybe slightly OT... but has anybody ever been able to activate HD Radio on the VP3 units?

This is supposedly only available on the VP4 radios, but the FCC certification documents from Harman says the VP3 and VP4 are exactly the same hardware, the only difference is in the software.

SquithyX

May 24, 2006
Bradford
Maybe slightly OT... but has anybody ever been able to activate HD Radio on the VP3 units?

This is supposedly only available on the VP4 radios, but the FCC certification documents from Harman says the VP3 and VP4 are exactly the same hardware, the only difference is in the software.
From my understanding, the vp3 units are 5" and made by Continental, the vp4 units are 6.5" made by Harmon.... Or at least that's how it is with Alfa's.

I know some of the 8.4 units get referred to as vp3 or vp4 and the difference between them is software / proxi only.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

quid246

Sep 22, 2009
From my understanding, the vp3 units are 5" and made by Continental, the vp4 units are 6.5" made by Harmon.... Or at least that's how it is with Alfa's.

I know some of the 8.4 units get referred to as vp3 or vp4 and the difference between them is software / proxi only.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

This should clear up any misunderstanding... at least for the 8.4's as submitted to the FCC

Harman.png

Last edited:

jawz101

Hey, version 16.09.x sounds very much rootable (anything lower than 16.51.xx they say) and once you have wifi and ssh root access, I guess you can just as well block any unwanted connections with packet filter. Though I did not have to do that as 8.4 RA4 of mine is very much outside of Sprint coverage :eek:

In my case it was just enough to poke with preferences file in Performance Pages app folder to make it appear in the menu (to make the car model string match). Some sensors show nothing in my case (like G-force), but that's kind of expected considering the car model at hand. App itself appears to work fine though.

Did you ever monitor the network traffic. I'm curious who all it connects to

Yugiro

Jan 20, 2020
hello my car has fiat 500x blend vp4 6.5 radio and it doesn't open anymore as a result of wrong update only very low level of light what should i do my friends : Ağlayan: [IMG="https://imgyukle.com/i/V3lQwY"]

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DISCLAIMER:
    Doing anything i describe in this thread is at YOUR OWN RISK, if your Jeep suddenly dies on the highway im not responsible, but if your jeep magically gets 200 MPG or limitless fuel i take full credit :)

So studying the white paper from those security researchers that hacked the jeep over the sprint network and about a half a days worth of tinkering with the uconnect iso update file, i was finally able to get it to take the modifications, changing root password and editing boot script to run commands from script on USB flash drive, but now I'm at a loss not really sure what to do now.
    I just finished dumping the entire file system to the flash drive for analysis but other than that I don't know, I'm not familiar at all with qnx or even any embedded Linux for that matter so I'm just posting here to see what you guys can come up with.

One goal of mine is to bring up the hotspot manually without having to pay for it so I can establish a proper ssh terminal, but im dreaming of either running android over top of the jeeps interface or replacing it entirely (maybe someday)

Here's the link to the whitepaper
    ioactive.com/pdfs/IOActive_Remote_Car_Hacking.pdf

Ok so i decieded to do a quick run down of what i did,

First, using a hex editor on the 14.05.03 iso update file, at offset 0x80 insert an 'S' 0x53, on 14.05.03 ONLY this will bypass the initial ISO integrity on anything later the white paper describes a way to 'trick' the check. It involves 2 usb one with a modified ISO and one with a legit ISO. i have never done it this way, but i will describe it anyways: insert the USB with legit ISO, click yes on the pop-up, when the screen turns completely off immediately remove the USB and insert the one with the modified ISO

9jf8n9o.png

Second i changed the root password at offset 0x5dd34b4 to 8CNGLiYvSaCbg which is "root"

Rwq3RCQ.png

And lastly i inserted the code that will run scripts contained in 'cmds.sh' located on a usb flash drive, now this is tricky, orginially theres this line:
    ''# Start Image Rot Fixer, currently started with high verbosity"
    make it look like this before you insert the line of code:
    "######rently started with high verbosity"
    now after the "-d -p 2000 .." insert "sh /fs/usb0/cmds.sh &" and make sure that after the '&' and before the first '#' there is a line termination hex code 0x0a

LwjQ109.png

And that's it, type up a script called 'cmds.sh' and put it on a FAT32 formatted flash drive and your good to go

The directory list:
    pastebin.com/BKfSptbH

and a list of available commands
    pastebin.com/jLTaEEge
    Would it be a good idea to upload the actual dump from the file system?

for ****s and giggles, live long and prosper:
    11951258_10206545819517048_5296661244309759410_n.jpg

Last thing, most of the credit goes to Chris Valasek and Chris Miller the security researchers that paved the way and published the white paper, i just studied it and put the actual rooting process in an easier format.
    Sounds exiting Leighm0 ! Any chance you could draft a step by step ' how to' for someone like me, who is a little tech savvy but not smart enough to figure our how to do this himself?

Sorry - have been away / busy with work... only just remembered about this thread. I have written some very basic instructions below, you will need to work out the rest / where to get the files from properly, etc. And as always, do this at your own risk, if you don't know what you're doing and end up missing files or bricking your cars radio, then its your own fault (dealer wont help ya out of this mess)... however on this note - if you do get in a sticky situation I have found its not very hard to reset and start over with fresh firmware, I created a self-updating FW iso by modifying an older ISO which can be patched to auto-start on USB plugin.

You will need to patch the files based on your given Firmware Level and Model Year / uConnect type... for example FW 15.26.1 MY14 RJ3/RJ4 files differ to FW 16.13.13 MY15 RJ3/RJ4, etc.

You will also need to buy an iGO map license (~$30AU on Android for Australia - other locations cost more) and grab the files (.lyc) and the map files (requires rooted Android to access the license file, the rest are in the SDCard storage).

Put the following files onto a USB in the root directory:
    - A patched swdl.iso modified to run "script.lua" instead of the upgrades
    - A patched NaviServer file enabled to allow ANY device License for iGO navigation map licenses. I call mine NaviServer2 so it doesn't conflict with the onboard one. You will need to grab this file off the uconnect from the /bin dir and then patch it using IDA Pro.
    - A copy of the nav.sh and navRestart.sh files from the uconnect /fs/mmc0/app/bin folder (or from the Firmware Update DVD iso file), modified to run NaviServer2 command instead of NaviServer - i.e. patched naviserver, with unlocked device licensing.
    - A RABCDAsm modified main.swf to "Push True" for SRT and Navigation options (if you want SRT backgrounds and startup logos/app logo, and if you don't have Navigation enabled by default i.e. Jeep Laredo model).
    - The map files into a folder called "content", with all your map files (3dc, 3dl, fbl, fda, fjw, fpa, fsp, ftr, hnr, ph, poi, spc), they need to sit in the correct subfolders based on iGO map file locations. (see screenshots)
    - For activating the SRT Apps, patch the xlet files to allow them to run without "conditions" in the xlet_properties files, stick them into a "xlets" directory on usb stick.
    - script.lua LUA script (contents shown below)

script.lua contains following content, note: I am using Australia maps, obviously you need to change it for your own maps, and also for your own NaviServer file (if you want to call it different).

NOTE: If you don't want to modify your XLETs (apps) or are unsure, then remove the lines about xlets below in the script.
    Code:
    #!/usr/bin/lua
    local os            = os
    -- copy patched main.swf, nav.sh, navRestart.sh, NaviServer2
    os.execute("cp -f /fs/usb0/main.swf /fs/mmc0/app/share/hmi")
    os.execute("cp -f /fs/usb0/nav.sh /fs/mmc0/app/bin")
    os.execute("cp -f /fs/usb0/NaviServer2 /fs/mmc0/app/bin")
    os.execute("cp -f /fs/usb0/navRestart.sh /fs/mmc0/app/bin")
    -- remove old maps, copy new map files from usb0 content folder
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/building/Australia*")
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/map/Australia*")
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/phoneme/Australia.ph*")
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/poi/Australia*")
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/speedcam/Australia*")
    os.execute("cp -rf /fs/usb0/content /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG")
    -- copy map license files
    os.execute("cp -f /fs/usb0/*.lyc /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/license")
    -- !!!!! remove old XLETS and copy patched xlets to mmc1  ( OPTIONAL : Remove the following 5 LINES if you dont have modified XLETS to copy over ) !!!!!
    os.execute("mount -uw /fs/mmc1/")
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets/*")
    os.execute("rm -rf /fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets/*")
    os.execute("cp -rf /fs/usb0/xlets/* /fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets")
    os.execute("cp -rf /fs/usb0/xlets/* /fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets")
    -- change permissions for new files copied
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/app/share/hmi/main.swf")
    os.execute("chmod 755 /fs/mmc0/app/bin/nav.sh")
    os.execute("chmod 755 /fs/mmc0/app/bin/NaviServer2")
    os.execute("chmod 755 /fs/mmc0/app/bin/navRestart.sh")
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/building/Australia*")
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/map/Australia*")
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/phoneme/Australia*")
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/poi/Australia*")
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/content/speedcam/Australia*")
    os.execute("chmod 555 /fs/mmc0/nav/NNG/license/*.lyc")
    os.execute("chmod 555 -R /fs/mmc1/kona/preload/xlets")
    os.execute("chmod 555 -R /fs/mmc1/xletsdir/xlets")
    -- remount mmc0/1 as read-only mode
    os.execute("mount -ur /fs/mmc1/")
    os.execute("mount -ur /fs/mmc0/")
    -- stop mmc mount and end script
    os.execute(mountpath.."/usr/share/scripts/mmc.sh stop")

Screenshot of the full USB folder/file tree once prepared:
    - Highlighted Yellow files have been modified from Originals.
    - Highlighted Green files are completely new files replacing Originals if exist.
    - Highlighted Blue file is custom LUA script file for above code content.
    - Non-Highlighted files are untouched Originals.

Screenshot by Lightshot

And here is what it looks like on the actual USB stick in Explorer:

Screenshot by Lightshot
    Just adding a DisableDRM file does not actually enable the Wifi App, you need to enable it first - this is just to bypass DRM checks... which are only valid on older firmware now days.. you will need to hack SWF files to ignore DRM checks now days.

---------- Post added at 02:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

YES many Thanks Leighm0, the Wifi button is activ! :eek:
    But... which swf needs to be changed to disable the DRM?

Edit:
    now i have the wifi button , but no gps signal!
    my oiginal /dev/fram/productid "VP4_EU_MY14_REVA_N_D_N" to change "VP4_EU_MY14_REVA_E_D_N" After Change, no GPS Signal.
    itś not an easy job

Here are my hacks, i cant remember which one got the Ecell GPS disabled (to use the normal GPS.. possibly the last one lol). These need to be executed when car is running, which i do from booter.lua which i get called from a modified media.sh on bootup. I believe i also use flexgps_ndr.sh to allow GPS.. cant recall what i modified in the file, dont have the original on hand to compare.
    Code:
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/DISABLE_SPEED_LOCKOUT")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/NAV_SECRETS")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/enableEngMenu")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/enableDlrMenu")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/enableDealerMenu")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/disableDRM")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/disable_DRM")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/disable_SpeedLockout")
    os.execute("touch /fs/etfs/useWLAN4QXDM")
    os.execute("touch /tmp/networkingpossible")
    os.execute("touch /tmp/ECELL_GPS_DISABLED")

Here is a link to all the files ive modified and uploaded to my head unit, they are for v16.13.13 MY14 car, suggest you either use them on the exact same firmware version, or decompile and compare to your firmwares SWF files and modify on your specific firmware.

https://mega.nz/#!9gkQhTiR!6anymlEx7ik2zl-Df_Rg3_ls70PgxQOy2JjpDodcBJk

I've also included all my hacked .sh and .lua files i run on the unit, and a "script.lua" which i use on the firmware update hack to push files to and from the unit, i have commented out all the commands - i usually just uncomment the ones i need to run off the usb upgrade, then go put it in my car and run it..

Enjoy.

---------- Post added at 07:04 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:03 AM ----------

Hi Leighm0, absolutely interested to check some of these links of yours, if it would be possible to try out ready-made NaviServer2 binary for testing. Have you managed to try this combination (custom binary + fresh iGo maps) on 16.x software version as well?

attached file above should help you out. Yes I run 2017 iGO maps with valid license on my car.. just need to get the license and map files..
    And now for something completely (slightly) different.
    FRONT CAMERA (cargo cam) Install:
    Why: Because I can, also the car washes in the UK are much narrower than in the USA so hopefully will mean I do not have to get out of the car to check my wheel placement when using a car wash in the UK.

A: You will need this https://www.zautomotive.com/product/z_vid/ (female rca video cable with correct terminal pins) Note: postage to the UK is 82 dollars (they do not ask or tell you this before hand). Or save money and make your own cable - correct terminal pins link is below.
    B: You will need a camera kit. My Uconnect is 480i only. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BZTX3XV7 (It is my understanding that using 720p will not work on my Uconnect, So be carefully with camera settings)
    C: I used a micro 2 fuse tap to provide power to the camera from the engine fuse box. https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B09VYQGPZZ
    D: You will need plastic trim removal tools (These are a must, bigger sturdy ones are best)

1. Remove the Uconnect bezel. Open lower door (not part of bezel). pull bottom of bezel (not door) until clips release. 1/4 to 1/2 inch gap only. Work your way around with trim removal tool. Do top last. All clips must be released. Disconnect wire harness and set aside bezel. Use brute force at your own risk, safer to use the trim tool to release all clips.
    2. Undo the four 7mm bolts to realease the Uconnect radio. Do not drop the bolts. Store bolts in cup holder.
    3. Put microfibre cloth on lower door to prevent scratches. Pull out radio, so you can see cables. Take photo (not really necessary, as cables are colour coded).
    4. Release cables, push flat tab down and pull cable connector out (can use screw driver to push tab down)
    5. Release the 52 pin harness (pull the locking handle up first (push in then pull up) [see big yellow arrow in photos] ), Photo of released 52 pin connector is with locking handle removed for easier access to pin holes, The locking handle can go on either way round, Set the Uconnect aside on a towel.
    6. Use a thin but wide flathead screw driver to loosen the red locking plate from the 52 pin connector. Start at center of short sides and work all way round. Do not need to completely remove it from connector. (1/2 inch should do)
    7. Install the female RCA video cable. Black into pin 25 first then Yellow into pin 24. The pins must go in the correct way. The flat side (uncrimped side) goes in along the center ridge (see picture with big red arrows). Push in untill you hear a click. I used a pin removal tool to push down on the pin from the top. These pins are very small (less than 1.5mm). This is the most important part to get right, so do not rush this step. I used needle nose pliers to hold the wire to correctly guide the pin into the right hole. Push the red locking plate back into place.
    8. Use electrical tape to tape the RCA video cable to the main wire bundle. (prevents it from being pulled)
    9. Connect the camera male connector to the female RCA connector, Use eletrical tape to tape the camera cable to the main wrie bundle.
    10. Feed the camera cable to the passenger side and pull cable through into footwell.
    11. Reinstall Uconnect. When reinstalling 52 pin connector make sure locking handle is up for easy install.
    12. Use alfaOBD to select "VehConfig 1-CHMSL Camera" present. (This step can be done before)
    13. Lucky 13 - Before routing cable to engine bay, test that your CargoCam setup actually works. Connect camera and temp power source. Also check everything else works (did you forget to reattach a cable to the Uconnect).
    14. If all is good. Route camera cable to engine bay via passenger side grommet, then cross over to driver/fusebox side in engine bay. On my 2015 JGC Summit all grommets are already fully used. Remove footwell side plastic trim then remove soft trim below glove box, you should now have access to firewall grommet.
    15. Install front camera and route wire as close to fusebox as it will go. The front grill holes are large so I used M8 x 30mm stainless steel washers, https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0BJZ2W6CH
    16. Route and connect initial cable to front camera cable near fusebox.
    17. Drill hole in back of fusebox, install rubber grommet (this is for the camera power wire)
    18. Install micro 2 fuse tap with 5amp fuse (I used fuse F40 -Daytime running lights), connect positive wire to fuse tap.
    19. Connect negative wire (My car had a bolt near the fusebox)
    20. Test and Adjust your camera position. (still need to adjust camera on mine)
    21. Reinstall the Uconnect bezel, remember to reconnect the wire harness first.

All done.

The CargoCam screen has 2 icons on the left top of the screen, these select CargoCam (front camera) or standard reverse camera.
    Also when you engage reverse gear the standard reverse camera comes on, but also has 2 icons so you can select CargoCam while reversing.
    CargoCam will stay on until you reach a speed of 10 mph.

You can also add a camera on pins 21/22. On alfaOBD select "ECUConfig 3-DTV front camera" or "ECUConfig 3-DTV side camera". In addition to the CargoCam icon you will also see an additional normal camera icon. However, I do not know how the DTV camera behaves (i.e. does it stay on while driving?)

It is relatively easy to identify the required pin holes since pin holes 21 thru 26 are empty (no wires in them)

SAVE MONEY make your own cable, this is the correct terminal pin:
    UK: https://www.digikey.co.uk/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/638551-3/10478563
    USA: https://www.digikey.com/en/products/detail/te-connectivity-amp-connectors/638551-3/10478563
    ( Multiple countries - Select USA link on this page then Press on flag to select your country - then Select USA link on this page again )

huh i thought there would be more interest? i mean this could be the key to getting rid of the crappy uconnect software and run android.
    Android has already been made to run on the same SoC TI DM3730 here http://elinux.org/Android_on_OMAP