FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Suzuki SLDA

524 posts
Thanks Meter: 166

By m00n61, Senior Member on 2nd March 2016, 06:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello XDA,

Anyone had a look at the new Suzuki head units? They are based on a Bosch flavor of Linux (http://oss.bosch-cm.com/suzuki.html) and support Apple Carplay and MirrorLink. For the moment no word of Android Auto.
Since there are still a couple of months until I will get my car I am trying to figure out if any of the developers here had already looked into this system and can share more in depth info.
The Following User Says Thank You to m00n61 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift m00n61 Ad-Free

5th December 2016, 02:38 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I have been looking extensively into this system. From what I can tell is that, there are some makes and models of phone based on a particular linux version that can connect. I am not having any luck with my Ubuntu device. I have heard people running CM 12 with success. The list of devices it supports is quite limited to Samsung. The website says it runs 5.1.1 android in the mirror link App. I am running 6.0.1 so not too sure. I have had no luck connecting to mirror link at all. I may have to try running custom CM 12.1 but not sure if I want to change roms yet, or if that is avaiable. I have also tried on the Samsung 2014 note, with no luck it is running 4.4.2 I may try and upgrade to CM 12 but again not sure. How about you?

---------- Post added at 03:38 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:36 AM ----------

The main thing is that when you insert a standard USB in the main menu it says connected, but when you connect a phone in mtp, ptpt or charging with a variety of phone settings it does not recognise it at all. Any thoughts?
30th March 2017, 05:16 AM |#3  
Flag Hebei
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I'm using Oneplus3 , but unfortunately Suzuki Vitara only support MirrorLink and Carplay..
25th May 2017, 10:37 AM |#4  
Flag Stapel
Thanks Meter: 175

More
Just tried in our Suzuki Baleno.

Mirrorlink is working with the Galaxy S6 and Galaxy S8.

Would be nice if we could find a way to hack the firmware like the firmware from Pioneer, ok this is just an iGO hack but it would be cool if we could boot into recovery or something.

Maybe someone will find a way to open up the Suzuki SLDA.
25th May 2017, 01:14 PM |#5  
Flag Kharkiv
Thanks Meter: 181

More
what's the software version you have? Suzuki announced the support of the Android Auto in ver. 18XX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lygTSBRUU
25th May 2017, 06:05 PM |#6  
Flag Stapel

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxeu

what's the software version you have? Suzuki announced the support of the Android Auto in ver. 18XX
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4lygTSBRUU

Gen3g
Label: AI_PRJ_SUZUKI_EU_SOP5_LINUX_16.0S01

And in this video it is build for the Ignis, not for all other cars. Not clear if Baleno and the others get this update....
The Following User Says Thank You to Clandaries For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Clandaries Ad-Free
25th May 2017, 06:17 PM |#7  
Flag Kharkiv
Thanks Meter: 181

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clandaries

Gen3g
Label: AI_PRJ_SUZUKI_EU_SOP5_LINUX_16.0S01

This is software label. But I see, you have ver. 850
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SW-850.jpg
Views:	3848
Size:	30.9 KB
ID:	4161245  
26th May 2017, 11:53 AM |#8  
Flag Stapel

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muxeu

This is software label. But I see, you have ver. 850

Let us hope, that the update will come for everyone

Greetings
26th May 2017, 12:00 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clandaries

Let us hope, that the update will come for everyone

Greetings

I just got my hands on the Vitara but some said Android auto should work but.... nothing. I also hope that the update is going to be on all the models.
27th May 2017, 08:31 AM |#10  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 51

More
Suzuki ignis 2017 infotainment sdla
Hi
I ordered an Suz ignis model Select without navigation, but it can be installed afterwards, it needs only the software.
Is it possible to install an other navigation instead of that from Suz.
31st May 2017, 07:56 AM |#11  
Flag Svendborg
Thanks Meter: 30

More
I've just got a newsletter from my local Suzuki dealer with a list over new accessories for newer Suzuki models.

There's listed a new Android based navigation unit for Ignis, Baleno and Celerio!

Anyone got more info on this? And/or if it's an software or hardware upgrade?

Here's a link, (in Danish 😁)

Page 6.
http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/...a9#/4240a2a9/6
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)