Originally Posted by smayor
on my suzuki baleno with the last firmware upgraded from here I have a big issues on the music stream media with android auto. Any app like spotify, tunein, google podcast, after some minutes I start to hear clicks & pops like I was listening to a old vinyl. I've tried everything (data clearing, changing cable, reset headset unit with no luck. Anyone is encountering the same issues?
I've lurked around this forum for a little while. On occasion, coming here to look for SLDA updates. I've updated my Swift Sport twice (new in 2018). Plus two other Suzuki's. No problems in any of them. But, as regards the above post. I have experienced similar issues for a few months now. My wife's Vitara has the exact same problem.
Basically, we stream all of our music via AA over USB cable. Just as the poster above has described. Sometimes the playback of music can get patchy. Like momentary pauses or choppiness to the playback. Like the poster, above. I tried everything as well. Switching the car off (to turn the unit off), rebooting my phone (OnePlus 6). Fiddling with settings on the unit and the phone. I put up with it for months. Then one day, tried something new - and it worked!
If you're getting patchy audio playback via Google Play playback of your music library (possibly other players too). Try this below. 99% of the time this cures the problem. Occasionally, you have to try it again. But generally it tends to work first time - and improves playback considerably. My wife also says it has worked for her - and in her Vitara with her phone (Sony Xperia XZ1), it was lot worse than mine.
This assumes you are already in AA and playing streaming music from your phone...
1. Press the 'HOME' button to return to the SLDA's native screen - your streaming music will still be playing from AA at this time (albeit patchy!).
2. Press the 'STAR' right in the middle of the screen. The circular menu will pop-up.
3. Press the 'USB CONNECT / DISCONNECT' icon - normally down and to the right of the 'STAR'. Your music playback will stop (because you've disconnected).
4. Wait about 5 seconds.
5. Press the 'USB CONNECT / DISCONNECT' icon again. AA should reconnect within a few moments and your music should resume playing.
6. Press the 'STAR' to close the circular menu.
7. Tap the AA icon to go back into the Androd Auto properly.
That's it. If all is well, the patchy playback should be completely resolved. If it does not - sometimes it is improved playback with occasional patchiness. Simply follow the process again. It's easy enough to do on the move - but be careful if you are driving and trying to do this - for obvious reasons!