Thanks Meter: 166

By m00n61, Senior Member on 2nd March 2016, 07:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
3rd February 2020, 12:26 PM |#1411  
Thanks Meter: 9

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rudi_za

I have exactly the same issue with my 2019 Vitara and using Android Auto. I am running Android 10 on a OnePlus 7 pro.

I tested Oneplus 6 and Xiaomi mi 8 lite. Same issues. With xiaomi mi a1 the issue is almost gone. It seems
Tested both version of suzuki software, same results. The problem appears to start when I receive a phone notification. From that moment the problems begin.
On other android auto car radios phones work perfectly. So I don't really now what to do...pretty annoying anyway.
During the first months of car use (March 2019) the problem did not exist, it started towards the summer. I think there is some incompatibility problem between android auto and suzuki.
3rd February 2020, 03:23 PM |#1412  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smayor

on my suzuki baleno with the last firmware upgraded from here I have a big issues on the music stream media with android auto. Any app like spotify, tunein, google podcast, after some minutes I start to hear clicks & pops like I was listening to a old vinyl. I've tried everything (data clearing, changing cable, reset headset unit with no luck. Anyone is encountering the same issues?

Hi all,
I've lurked around this forum for a little while. On occasion, coming here to look for SLDA updates. I've updated my Swift Sport twice (new in 2018). Plus two other Suzuki's. No problems in any of them. But, as regards the above post. I have experienced similar issues for a few months now. My wife's Vitara has the exact same problem.

Basically, we stream all of our music via AA over USB cable. Just as the poster above has described. Sometimes the playback of music can get patchy. Like momentary pauses or choppiness to the playback. Like the poster, above. I tried everything as well. Switching the car off (to turn the unit off), rebooting my phone (OnePlus 6). Fiddling with settings on the unit and the phone. I put up with it for months. Then one day, tried something new - and it worked!

If you're getting patchy audio playback via Google Play playback of your music library (possibly other players too). Try this below. 99% of the time this cures the problem. Occasionally, you have to try it again. But generally it tends to work first time - and improves playback considerably. My wife also says it has worked for her - and in her Vitara with her phone (Sony Xperia XZ1), it was lot worse than mine.

This assumes you are already in AA and playing streaming music from your phone...

1. Press the 'HOME' button to return to the SLDA's native screen - your streaming music will still be playing from AA at this time (albeit patchy!).
2. Press the 'STAR' right in the middle of the screen. The circular menu will pop-up.
3. Press the 'USB CONNECT / DISCONNECT' icon - normally down and to the right of the 'STAR'. Your music playback will stop (because you've disconnected).
4. Wait about 5 seconds.
5. Press the 'USB CONNECT / DISCONNECT' icon again. AA should reconnect within a few moments and your music should resume playing.
6. Press the 'STAR' to close the circular menu.
7. Tap the AA icon to go back into the Androd Auto properly.

That's it. If all is well, the patchy playback should be completely resolved. If it does not - sometimes it is improved playback with occasional patchiness. Simply follow the process again. It's easy enough to do on the move - but be careful if you are driving and trying to do this - for obvious reasons!

Cheers!
The Following User Says Thank You to DazzaSport For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift DazzaSport Ad-Free
5th February 2020, 11:55 AM |#1413  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaSport

Hi all,
I've lurked around this forum for a little while. On occasion, coming here to look for SLDA updates. I've updated my Swift Sport twice (new in 2018). Plus two other Suzuki's. No problems in any of them. But, as regards the above post. I have experienced similar issues for a few months now. My wife's Vitara has the exact same problem.

Basically, we stream all of our music via AA over USB cable. Just as the poster above has described. Sometimes the playback of music can get patchy. Like momentary pauses or choppiness to the playback. Like the poster, above. I tried everything as well. Switching the car off (to turn the unit off), rebooting my phone (OnePlus 6). Fiddling with settings on the unit and the phone. I put up with it for months. Then one day, tried something new - and it worked!

If you're getting patchy audio playback via Google Play playback of your music library (possibly other players too). Try this below. 99% of the time this cures the problem. Occasionally, you have to try it again. But generally it tends to work first time - and improves playback considerably. My wife also says it has worked for her - and in her Vitara with her phone (Sony Xperia XZ1), it was lot worse than mine.

This assumes you are already in AA and playing streaming music from your phone...

1. Press the 'HOME' button to return to the SLDA's native screen - your streaming music will still be playing from AA at this time (albeit patchy!).
2. Press the 'STAR' right in the middle of the screen. The circular menu will pop-up.
3. Press the 'USB CONNECT / DISCONNECT' icon - normally down and to the right of the 'STAR'. Your music playback will stop (because you've disconnected).
4. Wait about 5 seconds.
5. Press the 'USB CONNECT / DISCONNECT' icon again. AA should reconnect within a few moments and your music should resume playing.
6. Press the 'STAR' to close the circular menu.
7. Tap the AA icon to go back into the Androd Auto properly.

That's it. If all is well, the patchy playback should be completely resolved. If it does not - sometimes it is improved playback with occasional patchiness. Simply follow the process again. It's easy enough to do on the move - but be careful if you are driving and trying to do this - for obvious reasons!

Cheers!

Hey DazzaSport, thank you for the workaround. Yesterday I tried with no luck, even after 3 o 4 times of disconnections and connections the issue for me is still there.
5th February 2020, 12:16 PM |#1414  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by smayor

Hey DazzaSport, thank you for the workaround. Yesterday I tried with no luck, even after 3 o 4 times of disconnections and connections the issue for me is still there.

That's interesting. My Swift Sport is a 2018 model. The Vitara is a 2019 model.

Both have the 1870 version running.

As mentioned, we have a OnePlus6 and a Sony Xperia XZ1.

The 'fix' works on both cars / phones.

What car / version / phone have you got?

Thanks.
5th February 2020, 12:39 PM |#1415  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzaSport

That's interesting. My Swift Sport is a 2018 model. The Vitara is a 2019 model.

Both have the 1870 version running.

As mentioned, we have a OnePlus6 and a Sony Xperia XZ1.

The 'fix' works on both cars / phones.

What car / version / phone have you got?

Thanks.

I own a Baleno from march 2019 Originally it had installed 1860 version. Then I moved to 1870 when available and the audio issue started from there. I revert back to 1860 hoping to resolve but clicking & pops are still there.
I have Oneplus 6 but I also tested my wife's phone a xiaomi mi 8 lite...same behavior.
Today I'll do the last thing to do: I'll get reupdate to 1870 and then I'll retry with your workaround. I'll keep you posted!!
15th February 2020, 11:24 AM |#1416  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
xiaomi redmi note 8 compactible infotainment system hallo i bought a suziki vitara 2016 and the only thing is not working is infotainment systum everything else works try many things but is it that phone is not compactible whit this or maybe someone can explain thanks
15th February 2020, 11:54 AM |#1417  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
update software of headunit
also install androidauto on your phone.
The Following User Says Thank You to ..::Jacob::.. For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift ..::Jacob::.. Ad-Free
15th February 2020, 09:31 PM |#1418  

More
i been on 0811 150130 whats newest on 1770 where too download
16th February 2020, 01:42 PM |#1419  

More
well i downloaded 1770 files but now it failed and it start got spmething but no more radio no sat nav everything is gone was stuck in 54% no matter how many times i try its doing nothing any sugstions thanks
16th February 2020, 01:46 PM |#1420  
Flag Groningen
Thanks Meter: 54

More
did you try solution few pages earlier?
16th February 2020, 02:05 PM |#1421  

More
its going from checking files count too 3 than grey screen few seconds later black and repeat it self so i think its going in a loop corrupt better look for new one headunit android any idea,s thx
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)