Suzuki SLDA

Search This thread

acquleo

Jul 10, 2010
android auto issue

Hi,
A friend of mine have bought a new Vitara and He's got issues using Android Auto.
I've tried with 3 phones (Poco F2, Samsung A51 and an old Asus Max 3) and 6 different cables (originals and bought on amazon)
Those phones and cables are working in my car, a Kia Stonic with an LG unit.

In the Vitara the Android Auto is not usually recognized or, when is recognized, it disconnects randomly after some time (up to 10 minutes) and stop working, than I have to shutdown the car and try again later.

The vendor told me something like "I'm using the most problematic phone vendor", which is a very awful answer.
Next friday they will try to apply the software again, hopefully an upgraded version.

Do you think it could be an hardware issue?? Anyone experienced something similar?

Last edited:

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
Hi,
A friend of mine have bought a new Vitara and He's got issues using Android Auto.
I've tried with 3 phones (Poco F2, Samsung A51 and an old Asus Max 3) and 6 different cables (originals and bought on amazon)
Those phones and cables are working in my car, a Kia Stonic with an LG unit.

In the Vitara the Android Auto is not usually recognized or, when is recognized, it disconnects randomly after some time (up to 10 minutes) and stop working, than I have to shutdown the car and try again later.

The vendor told me something like "I'm using the most problematic phone vendor", which is a very awful answer.
Next friday they will try to apply the software again, hopefully an upgraded version.

Do you think it could be an hardware issue?? Anyone experienced something similar?

Android Auto is the biggest pain in the ass. It's the main reason why I keep using iPhones. You need to have the right combination of head unit, phone and cable. I'm not surprised that the Poco Phone and Asus didn't work but it's strange that the Samsung doesn't work either. All Samsung phones I tried so far (Note 8, S8 and Note 10) worked fine.

It's always a good idea to update the SLDA unit to the latest version. I can also recomend the cable I used with Android Auto. I bought it on Amazon and the brand is CableCreation. Those always worked with me. I have the short version of the cable (around 25 cm) but I don't find them on amazon currently.

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
Anyone to know If there is available wireless carplay adapter for SLDA like this one: https://carplay2air.com/

I asked that same question a few weeks ago and got no answer. Then I did some research and those adapters seem to work through Wifi. They just use bluetooth to make the initial connection. Since the SLDA doesn't have wifi, it will not work. That's the conclusion I found through my research. If someone can prove me wrong, that would be great :)

kokopipi

Dec 23, 2008
I asked that same question a few weeks ago and got no answer. Then I did some research and those adapters seem to work through Wifi. They just use bluetooth to make the initial connection. Since the SLDA doesn't have wifi, it will not work. That's the conclusion I found through my research. If someone can prove me wrong, that would be great :)
The wifi is provided by the adapter. The phone connects to the adapter wirelessly and the adapter converts it to usb wired connection, which SLDA accepts..........if it is compatible

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
The wifi is provided by the adapter. The phone connects to the adapter wirelessly and the adapter converts it to usb wired connection, which SLDA accepts..........if it is compatible

If that's the case...if it doesn't need a wifi connection between the adapter and head unit, why wouldn't it work with all head units? Anyway...I was about to buy one and try it out (I would sell it on eBay if it didn't work) but then I thought that in most cases I want my phone connected with a cable anyway, so it can charge.

kokopipi

Dec 23, 2008
If that's the case...if it doesn't need a wifi connection between the adapter and head unit, why wouldn't it work with all head units? Anyway...I was about to buy one and try it out (I would sell it on eBay if it didn't work) but then I thought that in most cases I want my phone connected with a cable anyway, so it can charge.

This is their reply for compatibility with SLDA:
Thanks for your interest in our product!

We are happy to let you know that we are now in the process of completing the test of our adapter with Suzuki multimedia systems.

The test of our engineering team is still ongoing for your car.

No worries! I will let you know right away once we are done with the test.

Thank you,

--

Roxanne
CARPLAY2air.com

mauriciomatos

Aug 2, 2017
Viseu
This is their reply for compatibility with SLDA:
Thanks for your interest in our product!

We are happy to let you know that we are now in the process of completing the test of our adapter with Suzuki multimedia systems.

The test of our engineering team is still ongoing for your car.

No worries! I will let you know right away once we are done with the test.

Thank you,

--

Roxanne
CARPLAY2air.com

Cool. Thank for letting us know.

vqd1264

Jul 27, 2020
Hi everyone,

i have bought suzuki S-CROSS with 1880 version inside, but without any navigation card. I understood, that i will need SD card with the changeable CID. That's no problem. So i change CID and copy content of sd2-Suzuki-SLN_EUR_2019 v1.rar to the card and all will work? Is there any newer version than 2019v1? thanks for help and reply in advance!

Last edited:

Sam. Joe

Jun 19, 2020
Hi everyone,

i have bought suzuki S-CROSS with 1880 version inside, but without any navigation card. I understood, that i will need SD card with the changeable CID. That's no problem. So i change CID and copy content of sd2-Suzuki-SLN_EUR_2019 v1.rar to the card and all will work? Is there any newer version than 2019v1? thanks for help and reply in advance!

Yes, sd2-Suzuki-SLN_EUR_2020 v2. Go back to page 157, you will find gold there. ;)

xatax

Nov 7, 2008
Audio amplifier chip

Hello,

Can anybody say what audio amplifier chip is inside of Bosch SLDA unit ?

Regards

Sam. Joe

Jun 19, 2020
seems links are dead,.. but i couldn't find old samsung card where is cid changeable :/

Have you requested the link from the poster?
Alternatively, you can order changeable CID cards from eBay. But only do that if you aware of the process and have the required hardware around.
Anyway, Suzuki's (non-existing) map database refreshing strategy is a joke, the current situation - buy a new SD card on full price - is highway robbery. :(

Top Liked Posts