FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Need to root an Android 8.1 mirror

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By zaber0189, Junior Member on 15th October 2019, 02:57 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hello all,
I have an Android 8.1 based DVR mirror for my car and I need some assistance gaining root access into it. The mirror was bought on Amazon and has an ASN of B07QM1RHC6 and is described as TOOGOO 219865. In the software it says it is a QcTech HMSA5E. Here is what I know about the device:
- It is based on a Spreadtrum SC9832e
- The software version is QC_HMSA5E_A5_966_Media_Sleep_2019090919
- OTA update is provided by fota.redstone.net.cn
- when I open an adb shell my prompt is sp8541e_srvm

I also have the partition layout. Under the developer menu there is an option to enable root over adb, it is protected by a four digit pin.

I would appreciate any help gaining root access either via the pin via some hack door.
16th November 2019, 05:41 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zaber0189

Hello all,
I have an Android 8.1 based DVR mirror for my car and I need some assistance gaining root access into it. The mirror was bought on Amazon and has an ASN of B07QM1RHC6 and is described as TOOGOO 219865. In the software it says it is a QcTech HMSA5E. Here is what I know about the device:
- It is based on a Spreadtrum SC9832e
- The software version is QC_HMSA5E_A5_966_Media_Sleep_2019090919
- OTA update is provided by fota.redstone.net.cn
- when I open an adb shell my prompt is sp8541e_srvm

I also have the partition layout. Under the developer menu there is an option to enable root over adb, it is protected by a four digit pin.

I would appreciate any help gaining root access either via the pin via some hack door.

Hi, did you have any luck rooting your mirror? It sounds like I have basically the same mirror although mine is sold under the name Bluavido. I've tried several apps and adb to root mine and all have failed so far. My guess is its the same four digit adb root privileges pin that is locking out the root process. In my case I'm just wanting to replace the awful bootanimation.zip with my own images.

Cheers Rich
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)