Thanks Meter: 65

More
it would be great to see some development on this system

15th October 2018, 11:31 AM |#12  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquithyX

Not sure on JTAG, but if it is a early uConnect (Alfa 940 unit with More button) then the NAND chip is on a separate daughter board, that can be removed from the system. If a interface could be made for that then full disk access could be got. Attachment 4611300

I found a datasheet searching JY455
It seems to be an eMMC Memory from Micron (MTFC??GLGDM) with a build in MMC-Interface
Maybe it works like an MMC-Card.
If someone build an adapter for the white connector and USB, maybe we can read and write the flash like an MMC-Card on an USB reader.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Flash0.jpg
Views:	398
Size:	241.5 KB
ID:	4619390

Name:	Flash2.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	225.9 KB
ID:	4619387

Name:	Flash3.jpg
Views:	392
Size:	232.0 KB
ID:	4619388
16th October 2018, 01:58 PM |#13  
Flag Ferrara
Thanks Meter: 5

More
for you may this works for really? have a look for "Alfa Romeo Giulietta UConnect Apple CarPlay & Android Auto retrofit Kit" in a search engine. it's very expensive but they say you can use touch screen as well to interaction when usually all the video interface i have found say not possbile, only video signal. what do you think about this?
10th December 2018, 10:21 PM |#14  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford
Thanks Meter: 73

More
So close, but broken lol
Success......kind of, I have managed to modify a swdl.iso to enable loading of different / modified files, on my Alfa 6.5 uConnect running 17.07.55.

The problem now is I seem to have completely broken navigation!!!!!!

I used the idea from post #216 in the Rooted Jeep Cherokee thread and modified the manifest.lua file in the swdl.iso (17.07.55) to load a script from usb before running the update.

Process goes power on uConnect > wait for it to boot up and display "Hands free ...." > insert USB and wait...it seems like its not doing anything but the script is running in the background > after some time the do you want to update question and answer No.
The fact that is has asked if you want to update is confirmation that the script has finished, however unfortunately there is no indication that the script is being run or how long it will take unless you have a usb with a flashing light, then it will show you something is happening at least! **my usb does not have a flashing light
I tested it with a splash screen update.... that worked perfectly, so no more boring Alfa Romeo logo on silver background for me at start up, I then pushed the modified NaviServer2, nav.sh and navRestart.sh files and rebooted.... new splash screen working perfectly but on pressing Nav button I just end up on a screen saying "Activating Navigation"

I am in the process of uploading the modified files to the mega share if anybody whats to have a look or are feeling brave
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SquithyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SquithyX Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 07:06 AM |#15  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford

More
Navigation now fixed! working on making a 2018q2 map pack for it now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SquithyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SquithyX Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 09:03 AM |#16  
Flag Ferrara

More
Quote:

Navigation now fixed! working on making a 2018q2 map pack for it now.

Really????' you are the MAN! could you please share everything you have used and step by step? do you think even with firmware 18 installed is possible updating maps?
thanks
12th December 2018, 03:27 PM |#17  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford

More
Ok, here is a test image (working with v17 and earlier.... unknown for v18).

https://mega.nz/#!IUZDQATI!o1OBd8qbA...mQ5lunDb0opDvs

For anybody wanting to try it, and let me know the outcome.

The script I have included will:
Backup your MAPS license files to the USB
Backup your original Alfa Splash Screen to the USB
Copy a dbver file to the USB, that should contain information about your version of MAPS installed
Push the modified Splash screen and set its properties on the uConnect

Steps:
1. Download and expand
2. Copy onto USB drive (at least 4gb) ***preferably with a flashing led light so you can see file access***
3. Start car and let uConnect boot up (wait approx 5min for full boot up)
4. Plug in and hope
5. After some time it should popup a window about there is a update (with v17) that you answer NO to. With v18 i dont know what it will do, it may popup a window saying newer version installed, Error or maybe not do anything at all.
If that is the case use the led on the usb to make sure no file access is going on and then maybe wait 5 min extra, just to make sure.
6. Pull usb, and power cycle the uConnect - either power off the car (lock car, wait 5min, unlock and restart) or use engineers menu to reset the uConnect
7. Watch it boot....the boot image will be different if success!!!!! (there will also be some new files on the usb)

It is very important NOT to let it run the update, if it offers
The Following User Says Thank You to SquithyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SquithyX Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 04:39 PM |#18  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford

More
I am in the process of uploading my work to my mega share,

I am currently running 2018Q3 UK maps in my Alfa with WORKING tmc. Still trying to sort the speedcams and full postcode search though - they dont work....yet!
12th December 2018, 04:48 PM |#19  
Flag Ferrara

More
Quote:

I am in the process of uploading my work to my mega share,

I am currently running 2018Q3 UK maps in my Alfa with WORKING tmc. Still trying to sort the speedcams and full postcode search though - they dont work....yet!

did you modify the swdl.iso? or just the script.lua?
12th December 2018, 05:04 PM |#20  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by sofro1988

did you modify the swdl.iso? or just the script.lua?

I have used a modified 17.07.55 swdl.iso with a script.lua - if you download the test above it contains some of the modified files. The rest are currently being uploaded / are already available online.

I have done a very quick video of progress with the uConnect here:

https://youtu.be/ed0O-xXNHdg
The Following User Says Thank You to SquithyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SquithyX Ad-Free
12th December 2018, 05:33 PM |#21  
Flag Ferrara

More
Quote:

I have used a modified 17.07.55 swdl.iso with a script.lua - if you download the test above it contains some of the modified files. The rest are currently being uploaded / are already available online.

I have done a very quick video of progress with the uConnect here:

https://youtu.be/ed0O-xXNHdg

I have tried your files, but I got no pop up window, just a” unknown files “ usually when I have tried some modify iso, I have gotten “authentic failed “ for example. I’m very upset with myself to have updated to 18 version 😞. Anyway, we are on the right way. What kind of modify have you done on the iso? What file have you put in it in fact to run the script.lua? I can try to do the same to the 18’s iso
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)