Ok, here is a test image (working with v17 and earlier.... unknown for v18).
For anybody wanting to try it, and let me know the outcome.
The script I have included will:
Backup your MAPS license files to the USB
Backup your original Alfa Splash Screen to the USB
Copy a dbver file to the USB, that should contain information about your version of MAPS installed
Push the modified Splash screen and set its properties on the uConnect
1. Download and expand
2. Copy onto USB drive (at least 4gb) ***preferably with a flashing led light so you can see file access***
3. Start car and let uConnect boot up (wait approx 5min for full boot up)
4. Plug in and hope
5. After some time it should popup a window about there is a update (with v17) that you answer NO to. With v18 i dont know what it will do, it may popup a window saying newer version installed, Error or maybe not do anything at all.
If that is the case use the led on the usb to make sure no file access is going on and then maybe wait 5 min extra, just to make sure.
6. Pull usb, and power cycle the uConnect - either power off the car (lock car, wait 5min, unlock and restart) or use engineers menu to reset the uConnect
7. Watch it boot....the boot image will be different if success!!!!! (there will also be some new files on the usb)
It is very important NOT to let it run the update, if it offers