uConnect 6.5 (Alfa / Fiat) Root Access

278 posts
Thanks Meter: 73

By SquithyX, Senior Member on 12th August 2018, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
1st May 2019, 08:45 PM |#501  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
BTW, interesting thing... Although I had easter eggs enabled before switching from NA to EU maps, it was impossible to see wi fi spot even the menu showed started. But after switching to EU maps I can see wifi even without pressing started in easter eggs menu. Pics are attached.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2019-05-01-21-58-21-550_com.android.settings.jpg
Views:	382
Size:	71.2 KB
ID:	4751814   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190501_215211.jpg
Views:	384
Size:	243.1 KB
ID:	4751815  
2nd May 2019, 08:29 AM |#502  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcook

BTW, interesting thing... Although I had easter eggs enabled before switching from NA to EU maps, it was impossible to see wi fi spot even the menu showed started. But after switching to EU maps I can see wifi even without pressing started in easter eggs menu. Pics are attached.

nice feature of conversion script
6th May 2019, 09:36 PM |#503  
Flag France
Thanks Meter: 370

More
Hello everyone, and thanks to @SquithyX for his work!
I have a question: my renegade Jeep has the original software version 17.07.46 (update made in the garage) and naviserver 9.10.32.683155. everything works well? I would like to update just the cards. I have HMEU2014Q4; 20150723. What should I do? how? with which files on the USB stick? am I going to lose the radars? Tmc? Jeep Skills ? in advance thank you for your replies. Kind regards
7th May 2019, 08:31 AM |#504  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchitchicruise

I have a question: my renegade Jeep has the original software version 17.07.46 (update made in the garage) and naviserver 9.10.32.683155. everything works well? I would like to update just the cards. I have HMEU2014Q4; 20150723. What should I do? how? with which files on the USB stick? am I going to lose the radars? Tmc? Jeep Skills ? in advance thank you for your replies. Kind regards

Hi, you have to make the following:
1. Take fat 32 formatted usb drive, 8gb or more and preferably with flashing light in order to see that the updating process is alive.
2. Put magic file fiat&jeep pre udp 17.07 unzipped in the root of your usb and the maps from d2019 v1 Europe also unzipped. Take the map that you need or full Europe.
3. Start your car and insert usb drive
4. Wait for about 20-60 min (depending on map size) the usb light will flash, so you will see that the process is going. In the end you will get window asking for the update, you should press NO.
5. Restart the unit by pressing Browse button and Power button for ~20sec.

It should then be updated.

Not sure about radars and jeep skills, TMC will probably work in Poland, Germany, UK, Italy, Belgium, Finland, Greece, France, Hungary, Luxembourg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wildcook For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift wildcook Ad-Free
7th May 2019, 09:24 AM |#505  
Flag France

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcook

Hi, you have make the following
1. Take fat 32 formatted usb drive, 8gb or more and preferably with flashing light in order to see that the updating process is alive.
2. Put magic file fiat&jeep pre udp 17.07 unzipped in the root of your usb and the maps from d2019 v1 Europe also unzipped. Take the map that you need or full Europe.
3. Start your car and insert usb drive
4. Wait for about 20-60 min (depending on map size) the usb light will flash, so you will see that the process is going. In the end you will get window asking for the update, you should press NO.
5. Restart the unit by pressing Browse button and Power button for ~20sec.

It should then be updated.

Not sure about radars and jeep skills, TMC will probably work in Poland, Germany, UK, Italy, Belgium, Finland, Greece, France, Hungary, Luxembourg

Well ! Thank you very much for all these explanations! @wildcook
for me, the radars I have them, when I connect to the u'connect application of my phone..
but I hesitate!! because Jeep skills is good.. I do not mind losing something from the original application... I will wait a little... yet thank you
8th May 2019, 06:25 PM |#506  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tchitchicruise

2019v1 Has similar NaviServer (9.10.32.6xxx) with much newer maps (2018Q3), so far everything has been reported to work well. BUT with 2019v1 you will need a 16gb USB lol.
Radars = ?Speedcams - Work perfect
TMC = Works in MORE countries and with MORE suppliers
Jeep Skills = ?Apps - My mods dont effect the live / apps part of the uConnect

Make a back up first and try, if something does not work you can restore your backup!
The Following User Says Thank You to SquithyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SquithyX Ad-Free
8th May 2019, 07:10 PM |#507  
Flag France

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by SquithyX

2019v1 Has similar NaviServer (9.10.32.6xxx) with much newer maps (2018Q3), so far everything has been reported to work well. BUT with 2019v1 you will need a 16gb USB lol.

Make a back up first and try, if something does not work you can restore your backup!

thanks @SquithyX , but on my UConnect 6.5, the radars and TMC work only if I am connected with my phone and the application UConnect live no?
for backup, you have to make it the motor of the car turned on ? the backup just makes a save of content app and license files? and what files put on the SD?
And if i just want to flash the naviserver to have updates with the uconnect .. is it possible? and how ?
sorry for my bad English ...
9th May 2019, 09:46 AM |#508  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hello,
I have version 18 installed but I would like to get map updates. Do you know if it is possible to downgrade to v17?
9th May 2019, 11:48 AM |#509  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

Hi SquithyX a question the TMC are installed together with the 2019 map or should a flash be made apart? If yes, is the usual Magic file and fileTMC update?
Thank you.
10th May 2019, 05:54 PM |#510  
OP Senior Member
Flag Bradford

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by drago122

Hi SquithyX a question the TMC are installed together with the 2019 map or should a flash be made apart? If yes, is the usual Magic file and fileTMC update?

Thank you.

The 2019v1 pack contains everything all rolled into one. You only need the magic file and the 2019v1 for the newest files. The old TCM update is just that.... Old lol, does not contain all the new update files.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to SquithyX For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift SquithyX Ad-Free
10th May 2019, 10:02 PM |#511  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:

The 2019v1 pack contains everything all rolled into one. You only need the magic file and the 2019v1 for the newest files. The old TCM update is just that.... Old lol, does not contain all the new update files.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

Thank you very much for the reply .
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)