Thanks Meter: 73

By SquithyX, Senior Member on 12th August 2018, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
9th October 2019, 09:15 PM |#661  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Problem by backup
Hi,

I make the mistake and after doing backup I click anwser yes, and uconnect is dead. Jeep Renegade software 16.xx

I downloaded the software 17 and put the stick - the screen is still black :/. What can I do with it?

youtu.be/i4mRQUvoTzw

Best regards,
Kamil
10th October 2019, 06:36 AM |#662  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
try by disconnecting the negative pole of the battery for about ten minutes.
however it should return to normal operation after a while. the firmware should not have been compromised

Quote:
Originally Posted by majker

Hi,

I make the mistake and after doing backup I click anwser yes, and uconnect is dead. Jeep Renegade software 16.xx

I downloaded the software 17 and put the stick - the screen is still black :/. What can I do with it?

youtu.be/i4mRQUvoTzw

Best regards,
Kamil

10th October 2019, 12:04 PM |#663  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajadela

try by disconnecting the negative pole of the battery for about ten minutes.
however it should return to normal operation after a while. the firmware should not have been compromised

Hi,

thanks for anwser. I disconnected the ground, wait sometime (about 1 hour). After that, uConnect turned on but it sent the message "please insert update USB stick" or something like that. I downloaded the new software, copy for stick, and after update, uConnect is working correctly.
19th October 2019, 07:41 AM |#664  

More
Hi,

Has anyone tried to upload Polish to uConnect 7.0? Can someone suggest something to me / suggest how to do it? Unfortunately, car programming from OBD level is ineffective. My car is Jeep Renegade, uConnect 7.0, US version.
21st October 2019, 07:38 AM |#665  
Thanks Meter: 13

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by majker

Hi,

Has anyone tried to upload Polish to uConnect 7.0? Can someone suggest something to me / suggest how to do it? Unfortunately, car programming from OBD level is ineffective. My car is Jeep Renegade, uConnect 7.0, US version.

I did it for a number of Uconnect 6.5, should not be different for Uconnect 7.0.
Technically the process can be divided into 4 parts:
1. Change region in productid
2. Copy proper language files to speech_service folder so TTS and speech recognition works
3. Copy language files to navigation folder for speech recognition of addresses and etc.
4. Change DEST to one of Europe values, so radio works in proper mode.
21st October 2019, 08:44 AM |#666  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lden

I did it for a number of Uconnect 6.5, should not be different for Uconnect 7.0.
Technically the process can be divided into 4 parts:
1. Change region in productid
2. Copy proper language files to speech_service folder so TTS and speech recognition works
3. Copy language files to navigation folder for speech recognition of addresses and etc.
4. Change DEST to one of Europe values, so radio works in proper mode.

Dear Iden,

thanks for anwser. I change the region code - for example on the dashboard, I have the Polish language, the frequrencies are odd and even, country code is Poland - only problem with the language on the radio. Do you know where could I find any update files which could I use to this operation?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)