Thanks Meter: 78

By SquithyX, Senior Member on 12th August 2018, 02:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
29th December 2019, 04:22 PM |#721  
Thanks Meter: 12

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcook

Look at some posts before, there is fixaftereu pack, put it on usb drive with magic file and then no on update and restart, it should help you

Thank you so much the fix is that you have posted some post before right? Now download and try it

Edit: I reflash all the Feu v2 2019 and the nav work again not need the fix
5th January 2020, 01:51 PM |#722  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Hi, i have a question: Is possible to update Maps to the last version and AFTER that, update the firmware of the navi to the last 18.xxxx. ?
5th January 2020, 05:27 PM |#723  
Thanks Meter: 11

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefa1991

Hi, i have a question: Is possible to update Maps to the last version and AFTER that, update the firmware of the navi to the last 18.xxxx. ?

No it's not. Just 17xxx and lower works with this mod.
21st January 2020, 10:44 AM |#724  
Thanks Meter: 14

Donate to Me
More
Hi All,
I would like to share my negative experience with Uconnect 6.5.
Recently I played with the Uconnect a lot and I lost my sense of fear to brick the thing and successfully changed boot.sh in a bad way. It was that bad that image updater service did not start so I was not able to recover the device with a new flash.
Here is the instruction how to recover the device:
1. Remove the Uconnect from car - for most of the cars you need to remove some panels first and than unbolt the uconnect. You will see something like this:
This is how it looks
2. Disassemble Uconnect :
Uconnect inside
3. Remove memory module:
Module detached

4. Assemble Uconnect without the memory module and connect it back to car (only power connector and usb connector).
5. Turn Uconnect on. The screen will light up 2-3 times and it will switch to bootloader mode and ask for update image on USB drive.
6. Insert USB drive with swdl.iso image - the screen will say something like "Wait for 30sec to update firmware or remove flash drive". Wait for 30 sec and Uconnect will restart - right after restart you should turn it off.
7. Split Uconnect into 2 parts and insert memory module back.
8. Attach connectors to Uconnect. At start it will run update image. If you want to go bad and skip version/integrity/year/model validation - just use hex editor and fill 'units.system_check,' spaces (0x20).. Wait until flash is complete and enjoy your recovered Uconnect 6.5
The Following User Says Thank You to lden For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift lden Ad-Free
21st January 2020, 12:01 PM |#725  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
please explain better about: "If you want to go bad and skip version/integrity/year/model validation - just use hex editor and fill 'units.system_check,' spaces (0x20)"
21st January 2020, 12:13 PM |#726  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajadela

please explain better about: "If you want to go bad and skip version/integrity/year/model validation - just use hex editor and fill 'units.system_check,' spaces (0x20)"

Seems like this is the only check that runs in bootloader mode and it is in ISO image.
There is a high chance that it is possible to downgrade Uconnect using this approach.
21st January 2020, 12:30 PM |#727  

More
the memory module (a flash chip) it is present in older units. most uconnect have flash memory soldered on the motherboard, unfortunately
21st January 2020, 12:43 PM |#728  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tajadela

the memory module (a flash chip) it is present in older units. most uconnect have flash memory soldered on the motherboard, unfortunately

Okay, good to know. I am happy that my Uconnect does not have it soldered on the motherboard....
For soldered version is it an option to unplug power pin?
21st January 2020, 06:20 PM |#729  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by lden

Okay, good to know. I am happy that my Uconnect does not have it soldered on the motherboard....
For soldered version is it an option to unplug power pin?

no. is not possible...
21st January 2020, 09:27 PM |#730  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
What should I do my radio different?
25th January 2020, 04:09 PM |#731  
Flag Milan

More
You have the LIVE version? Seems only "MORE" button uConnects have the removable flash capability...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)