I would like to share my negative experience with Uconnect 6.5.
Recently I played with the Uconnect a lot and I lost my sense of fear to brick the thing and successfully changed boot.sh in a bad way. It was that bad that image updater service did not start so I was not able to recover the device with a new flash.
Here is the instruction how to recover the device:
1. Remove the Uconnect from car - for most of the cars you need to remove some panels first and than unbolt the uconnect. You will see something like this:
2. Disassemble Uconnect :
3. Remove memory module:
4. Assemble Uconnect without the memory module and connect it back to car (only power connector and usb connector).
5. Turn Uconnect on. The screen will light up 2-3 times and it will switch to bootloader mode and ask for update image on USB drive.
6. Insert USB drive with swdl.iso image - the screen will say something like "Wait for 30sec to update firmware or remove flash drive". Wait for 30 sec and Uconnect will restart - right after restart you should turn it off.
7. Split Uconnect into 2 parts and insert memory module back.
8. Attach connectors to Uconnect. At start it will run update image. If you want to go bad and skip version/integrity/year/model validation - just use hex editor and fill 'units.system_check,' spaces (0x20).. Wait until flash is complete and enjoy your recovered Uconnect 6.5