Thanks Meter: 99

By SquithyX, Senior Member on 12th August 2018, 01:28 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
23rd March 2020, 09:57 AM |#791  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiromimi

Thank you very much for this info! Of course I'm gonna try.

---------- Post added at 10:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:28 AM ----------

Unfortunately I don't see the firmware RA4_16_24_31_MY16_BU_NAFTA at that location.
This is mine:
UCONNECT® 6.5 RA3 15.43.0 MY14~MY16 330 BF
I don't know if I can try another firmware and which one is compatible!

In most directories with firmware you can see .pdf files. these are instructions and service bulletins. In the “service bulletins” a description of which Uconnect is suitable for updating. I tried all the updates, where the name contains the words "NA". And in cases of failure and the "green screen", I inserted a USB flash drive with my native old version of firmware 15.21.37 and it took Uconnect out of the update state.
If you need RA4_16_24_31_MY16_BU_NAFTA, I can send a link.
But remember, there may be different situations...
23rd March 2020, 10:51 AM |#792  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homasha2

In most directories with firmware you can see .pdf files. these are instructions and service bulletins. In the “service bulletins” a description of which Uconnect is suitable for updating. I tried all the updates, where the name contains the words "NA". And in cases of failure and the "green screen", I inserted a USB flash drive with my native old version of firmware 15.21.37 and it took Uconnect out of the update state.
If you need RA4_16_24_31_MY16_BU_NAFTA, I can send a link.
But remember, there may be different situations...

If you can send me the link, please! I'm gonna reed the instructions and I also have the original software ready, in case to go back to it. The difference I see is that my radio is RA3 and that firmware is RA4. I'm gonna check the pdf files on the link you gave me.
23rd March 2020, 12:19 PM |#793  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiromimi

If you can send me the link, please! I'm gonna reed the instructions and I also have the original software ready, in case to go back to it. The difference I see is that my radio is RA3 and that firmware is RA4. I'm gonna check the pdf files on the link you gave me.

Yes, indeed, the file was deleted on mydrive. ch
RA4_16_24_31_MY16_BU_NAFTA
https://mega.nz/#!KUcVgKQb!1CQfQ8Ina...r3n4kX6u4-k04s
23rd March 2020, 10:09 PM |#794  

More
[QUOTE=lden;79546338][QUOTE=wildcook;79545599]Thank you, Iden, for finding this method.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR][QUOTE=lden;79546338]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcook

Thank you, Iden, for finding this method.

There is one more better method - it actually changes tuner region code and does not require modification of tuner files. The only thing is to put the method in right place. Here it is:

Code:
function setTunerRegion()
       local TunerBusName = "com.harman.service.Tuner"
 local json = require "json"
       local service = require "service"
        local data = { regionCode = 0 }
        local result, error = service.invoke(TunerBusName, "setRegionCode", data)
	if error then
		print("ERROR, could not set region for tuner: ", json.encode(data) )
	else
		print("SUCCESS, changed tuner region: ", json.encode(data) )
	end
end

Hello. Please, where is this right place?)
24th March 2020, 08:45 AM |#795  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by homasha2

Yes, indeed, the file was deleted on mydrive. ch
RA4_16_24_31_MY16_BU_NAFTA
https://mega.nz/#!KUcVgKQb!1CQfQ8Ina...r3n4kX6u4-k04s

This one is giving me ''Authentication failure"

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:41 AM ----------

[QUOTE=homasha2;82086069][QUOTE=lden;79546338][QUOTE=wildcook;79545599]Thank you, Iden, for finding this method.

---------- Post added at 11:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:06 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:
Originally Posted by lden

Hello. Please, where is this right place?)

This post is interesting but I don't really understand how to do that. I'll try to read again, because fixing the radio for me is more difficult. With the navigation and software update, I can play different options. But how to change the tuner region????
Thank you for trying to help me!
The Following User Says Thank You to kiromimi For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift kiromimi Ad-Free
5th April 2020, 10:29 AM |#796  

More
Hello dear friends!
Does anybody has a NA firmware - older than 15.43.00? I would like to try downgrade my Uconnect 6.5, because I'm trying to convert it to EU without success till now.
Thank you!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)