FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Unlock car multimedia system

24 posts
Thanks Meter: 2

By mrtowel, Junior Member on 12th February 2019, 02:45 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I'm trying to find information about a multimedia system i have installed in my Skoda, the sticker on the device says CNT100, which is manufactured by CarNeTek (device page - https://www.carnetek.com.tw/products_detail/15.htm, not sure if they are the manufactures or just a reseller).
The company which sell and install it locally are not willing to share any information about the device, and of course are not willing to unlock it (to install applications from the play store, tweak configuration, etc.).

On the device there are 6 dip switches (which i couldn't figure out what they control), and no visible button (to get into recovery), i can get to the play store, and install applications - but as soon the installation is completed - they get uninstalled (there is a list of application that are not automatically uninstalled).

The launcher looks like a custom local version, there is no way to get into the settings page and the notification bar cannot be clicked (or dragged down), if i click multiple times on the menu - i get a dialog for some configuration, where i'm prompt for password (the dialog has a random number on it - which i suspect is used to generate correct password).

is anyone familiar with this device? or can suggest a way to unlock it?

(attached images of the device and the boot screen)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190212_160030.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	233.7 KB
ID:	4704264   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190212_160033.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	236.6 KB
ID:	4704265   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190212_160338.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	245.0 KB
ID:	4704266  
The Following User Says Thank You to mrtowel For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift mrtowel Ad-Free
16th February 2019, 07:30 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Hey mrtowel!
Trying to figure out that as well.
You said "if i click multiple times on the menu"
Where is this menu? possible to send a photo of that?
16th February 2019, 09:56 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

More
I'm talking about an Israeli version
Seems to be customized by [email protected]
sorry but i was wrong describing the way to get to the password dialog, on the home screen - there is a weather widget, showing the weather on the left side and the clock on the right side, multiple taps on the weather allows you to reboot the device, while multiple taps on the clock gets you to the password dialog.

I made some progress with the device - still working on getting it unlocked completely, let me know if you want more details.
17th February 2019, 08:51 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrtowel

Seems to be customized by [email protected]
sorry but i was wrong describing the way to get to the password dialog, on the home screen - there is a weather widget, showing the weather on the left side and the clock on the right side, multiple taps on the weather allows you to reboot the device, while multiple taps on the clock gets you to the password dialog.

I made some progress with the device - still working on getting it unlocked completely, let me know if you want more details.

Hey!
Just found that new to me. Pushed 6 times on the clock of the weather widget and got a prompt for the password. I receive a 9 digit number with that.
Also found that if you do the same on the temperature indication, you'll be prompt for device restart.
So that's a progress.

Anyways, I will be happy to hear from you, what progress you have made on this.
Will send you a PM.
18th September 2019, 09:42 AM |#5  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Did someone have any success?
9th October 2019, 09:48 PM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 139

More
Hello, i have a Toyota corolla 2016 with "android multimedia" that have only 2 apps without google play or any apps, the startup screen is like yours.
i wan to unlock the system, someone know how to do that?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)