FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Where is the USB ADB/Fastbook port of the connected car system?

23 posts
Thanks Meter: 8

By NiQ1, Junior Member on 24th May 2019, 11:02 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Pretty much what the title says - I have a FlyAudio G8II system and I've been able to get it to Fastboot mode (which I need because I want to tinker with it a little and need a way of recovery if I screw something up) but I can't seem to find any way of actually connecting it to a computer via ADB - The system has a single type A USB connector, intended to be used for audio playback from USB drives, though peripherals such as physical keyboards also work. I thought that maybe if I try a nonstandard USB A-A cable I may be able to get it to act as a USB device but that didn't work.
My second thought was that maybe it has an additional USB port on the back but I only see a frightening bundle of wires, most of which I have no idea what they are used for.
Is there someone who has a little understanding of this? If I upload a photo of the backside of the system would anyone be able to figure whether indeed one of these wires can be used as an ADB compatible USB port?

Thanks!
28th December 2019, 01:00 AM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiQ1

Pretty much what the title says - I have a FlyAudio G8II system and I've been able to get it to Fastboot mode (which I need because I want to tinker with it a little and need a way of recovery if I screw something up) but I can't seem to find any way of actually connecting it to a computer via ADB - The system has a single type A USB connector, intended to be used for audio playback from USB drives, though peripherals such as physical keyboards also work. I thought that maybe if I try a nonstandard USB A-A cable I may be able to get it to act as a USB device but that didn't work.
My second thought was that maybe it has an additional USB port on the back but I only see a frightening bundle of wires, most of which I have no idea what they are used for.
Is there someone who has a little understanding of this? If I upload a photo of the backside of the system would anyone be able to figure whether indeed one of these wires can be used as an ADB compatible USB port?

Thanks!

Can you change the USB type setting to "PTP"?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)