FORUMS

Xtrons TQ709IPL Reverse Camera Setup

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By pspeirs, Junior Member on 3rd July 2019, 10:25 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi All,

Just purchased the above unit and it seems pretty good so far, stab;e, etc. Just trying to get the reverse camera working, does anyone have any experience with this brand as the wire labelling is confusing.

The 4 wires in question (as far as I can figure) are:

CCD AVIN - Referred to as Reverse Cam Input)
BACK_CAR - Reverse Control Cable

on another connector

REVERSE - Reversing Control Cable
BACK SIGHT VIDEO - Reverse Cam Input Video

You can see where my confusion would be.

At this point, I've connected the camera 12V supply to the reverse light wire so it will turn on when in reverse gear. Would this also need to be fed into one of the control cable wires (Do they require 12V to switch to the camera input).

Thanks
Paul
16th February 2020, 09:34 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I just ordered the same xtrons unit, I'm planning to attempt to only use harness1 (connections 1-9), and the associated reverse control wire (5) and yellow rca input (3). I assume the other input on the 2nd harness would work fine too, but I want to keep the clutter down behind the new HU.

Your car might provide the needed +12 reverse control wire in dash already, if it doesn't, you can tap the same +12 your using for the camera itself since it sounds like you correctly wired the camera in a way that it is only powered on when actually in reverse. I've seen lots of people wire the cams power source to either always on +12 (really bad) or acc +12 (kinda bad).

The +12 control wire tells the unit to switch to that camera input for the display. This is why i think it can use both reverse inputs, so long as you use the control wire for its associated rca input.

I think this unit has multiple inputs for maybe a trailer camera in addition to the reverse cam, maybe a toggle switch attached to harness2's "reverse control" instead of actual reverse, that you could switch on manually and then see the other camera input as needed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	TQ709IPL_22.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	150.0 KB
ID:	4952057  
22nd February 2020, 12:25 AM |#3  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
I finally wired up the reverse cam to the TQ709IPL. I only used harness1's connections:

Harness 1:
Pin 3 CCD AVIN, Reverse Camera Video Input
Pin 5 BACK-CAR, Reverse Control Cable

These two pins worked perfectly together, +12v on Pin 5 "BACK-CAR" and the unit switches to show what's plugged into Yellow RCA Pin 3 "CCD AVIN".

Unsure about these connections still:
Harness 2:
Pin 22 REVERSE, Reversing Control Cable
Pin 25, BACK SIGHT VIDEO, Reverse Camera Video Input
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)