AGM X1 /Rugged/ Dual Camera/ Snapdragon 617 /4GB 64GB /Android 7 /Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
Is it possible to root the X1, is the international Google Play Store installled, and, are OTA updates possible? Another question, are the preinstalled apps fully translated to european languages?
When I will have the ROM root will be available. GP is installed
You can choose default language.
What apps and languages can I check for you?

Reactions: speedturtle

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
Primarily german, for the outdoor tools. Thank you!

15i1b2v.jpg

Within 2-3 weeks Android 7 will be available for AGM X1.
Then I can tell more and review X1 properly. :)
For now German is available. OT in English

AGM will also start selling A8 smartphone which will be a first budget phone with Android N

https://xdaforums.com/general/devic...on/agm-a8-rugged-info-msm8916-review-t3542052

Last edited:

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
2ztedjo.jpg

The capacity of battery is always being one of the most important factors that affect consumers to choose smartphones, and battery life is a lingering issue that is taking time to evolve. For alleviating this problem many devices now adapt quick charging technology in order to reduce charging time.
AGM X1 is equipped with a 5400mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge, the video below will tell you why big battery and quick charge technology matter.
Apart from the 5400mAh massive battery which last for up to 3 days off charger according to the advertisement, AGM X1 features IP68 certified for water and dust resistant , packs a 5.5inch Super AMOLED display, with 1080P resolution, Snapdragon 617 SOC under the hood, along with 4GB ram and 64 GB of expandable storage, and 13MP dual camera in the back as well as 5MP front camera. And the phone is priced at $299.99, For more info you can click here.

steveeJ

Nov 24, 2011
Is it possible to root the X1, is the international Google Play Store installled, and, are OTA updates possible? Another question, are the preinstalled apps fully translated to european languages?

I used iRoot for rooting which installed the KingRoot app. I replaced that with SuperSU by using a script I found online. TitaniumBackup works fine which is my only motivation for root.

Reactions: dieterhaack

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Moto Z3 Play
I'm asking myself further, how AGM wants to handle repair, for devices sold in Europe, without losing the certification for water resistance.
Another issue may be, being charged VAT for purchases at Amazon. Third, my device was sent on 17th (Amazon told that), using DHL Global Mail, and the package number is still marked as "not found". Maybe they lied at me, sending my goods after their holiday and it will arrive in the first third of February. At least, it looks like this.

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
s5bp5y.jpg

Frozen in ice for over 36 hours! Will the rugged handset AGM X1 survive ?
As we all know, offering IP68 protection, all the devices are waterproof and dustproof, and some of them are allowed to be shock proof, they can survive under water over 30 mins at the depth of 1.5M, but AGM company seems not only satisfied with water resistance, the flagship AGM X1 has been taken to go through a cruel test: frozen inside a big ice for almost 36 hours.
AGM X1 is rugged smartphone with IP68 certified, they made a video of it(below) let’s check this out to see if the phone can get through the test.

Other than IP68 , AGM X1 packs a 5.5inch Super AMOLED display, with 1080P resolution, Snapdragon 617 SOC under the hood, along with 4GB ram and 64 GB of expandable storage, 5400mAh battery and 13MP dual camera in the back as well as 5MP front camera.
Android 7 will be after 2 February after the Chinese Spring Festival. A friend of mine an engineer ordered his AGM X1 yesterday and it will be shipped also after the holidays time.

Now the AGM X1 officially launches and is available throughout the world, which is priced at $299.99.
If you are interested in it, you can click for more info.

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AGMphone/

Last edited:

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Moto Z3 Play

You're joking, eh? Whose flagship? A very good device offers not only top-notch hardware, but also good software and support, too. AGM must still give proof on this, and the hardware is'nt.

Concerning my delivery experience, this started bad. The Nomu was delivered two working days after my order, for the AGM X1 I'm still waiting, on the 16th day.

Last edited:

jan177

Feb 25, 2016
Haarlem
Everybody would like to receive his AGM X1 immediately:)

Complain to Amazon that they should turn your attention to the fact that there was National Holiday in China and that Amazon does not ship from China during last 2 -3 weeks time until 4 th February. :) It is all over e-commerce shops.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    developed a lineageos 6.0 for this AGM X1
    Now just camera video recording & fingerprint not working
    will release soon
    *** Differences in versions X1 ***

Answering to myself (
    SOURCE : https://w3bsit3-dns.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=806063&st=80 (MESSAGE #85) ):

Here is an official communication from AGM Mobile :

"
    Soon, the reorganization of devices is planned. In devices X1 will be replaced Samsung super amoled display, on a similar AMOLED screen, but another manufacturer. These versions will differScreen, firmware and rear label. Firmware from older versions of the device can not be installed on newer versions of the device. Therefore, when downloading it will be necessary to carefully select the firmware.

When hacking a device version
    Samsung super AMOLED screen
    On the rear label there is a prefix "EU"
    The phone has software version V1

New version of the device (International version)
    AMOLED screen (Not Samsung super AMOLED)
    On the rear label there will be no "EU"
    The phone will have software version V2

Also to the new version of the device is AGM X1 Gold
    "

Bottom line : EU models/naming are abandoned.

Samsung screen (Super AMOLED according to their marketing) vs new one from another brand.
    Will see if there are major differences (battery life and viewing quality).
    On my gold edition, I've noticed : Yellowish / rainbow coloured reflection when screen is off ; when screen is "on" little "rainbow coloured" band (2mm) on the long sides are noticeable depending on the viewing angle. Sharp images and vivid colors and nothing is wrong with the screen except what I've mentioned which I haven't seen on any of my present previous, tablets or smartphones. AMOLED or screen coating probably... don't know but I didn't put any screen protector yet. Tempered glass or nothing.

According to AGM, the gold edition should have the new firmware "V2" and new screen ; no way... mine came with L1253.6.02.01.BYD.

We will see if all of the X1 versions will have their NOUGAT rom available from their website (by... late July 2017).

I'm now waiting for a lollipop ROM for the gold edition to be release early June.

I think that instead of complaining, we should all support AGM for making nice rugged phones at decent price. Customer support will increase I believe, let's don't loose faith ; we can be demanding but constructive also I guess. Patience is key sometimes. Better to have a stable OS once in a while than frequent updates of unstable OS. People unhappy with this can try to build a custom android rom themselves since AGM have open sourced the X1 stuff.
    https://db.tt/loleQchLCx
    Hi! I have another silly question :D
    I just got my AGM X1 today, nice and fast and good looking phone, easy to personalise, but on the lock screen there is 2 clocks, one for my hometown, and one for Beijing. I cant find the setting for turning off the dual clock feature, can somebody help me? ( I already switched the phones home to Budapest in the settings/calendar)
    image.jpg

Tomorrow probably I will have TWRP
    Never seen this. It was asked on AGM Facebook page, and never received an answer. In my case, I want a anti-glare protector.

I am using a samsung galaxy J7 protection. Not perfect, but OK.