AGM X1 /Rugged/ Dual Camera/ Snapdragon 617 /4GB 64GB /Android 7 /Review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Jasonnnnn

Mar 20, 2017
My current version is visible on the screenshot.
In the download area of AGM -
a ROM update of February 17,
With a download size of 1.01 GB offered.
On the smartphone is displayed under Update,
that I have the current version installed.

Is it all right?

Please excuse my english

Android 7.0 may come on 5 May and it is scheduled. Not sure exact time, Let's wait for offical news.

Jasonnnnn

Mar 20, 2017
thanks wihushae and Jasonnnnn

Thanks for the reply!
If the device is installed automatically via the update app
Or via manual download via the ecovery manager?

I think we may need to download it from offical website. Similar what you did to update before. wipe data is required, when huge update. I believe AGM Smartphone will post the link on facebook or any update here. Be patient and wait .

wihushae

Nov 17, 2013
:) Which is the most suitable root tool ?????
IROOT - KingRoot or Kingo Root?
Thanks and regards :)
I would say the best way is the one agm offers on their Facebook site (and the mod a user offered here in xda in the 2nd agm thread here). It's a bit tricky but it doesn't install any unwanted other apps! -Beside the fact that you get twrp recovery! ;)

SpamHammer

May 20, 2010
Don't buy the Chinese version, buy the "EU" version: FDD-LTE:800/1800/2100/2600(B20/B3/B1/B7). Are these frequencies not usable in the US?

Hi Dieter,

Those frequencies aren't the same bands that AT&T and T-Mobile use in the US for LTE. I actually checked last week when I saw this phone for the first time. There's a handy chart here for T-Mobile's frequencies in case anyone else is interested. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T-Mobile_US#Radio_frequency_spectrum_chart

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

fyi- You will only get 3G+ if you use this phone on T-Mobile in the US.

Do you have it on T-Mobile in the US? If so, what are your speeds and reception like compared to fully supported phones? I'm running a BlackBerry Passport and considering switching to this. Traveling to EU and Asia in 4 months, so the lack of LTE in the US doesn't concern me too much, but I am curious if I could use this daily here or relegate it to second phone status until I leave the country.

esbrittl

Apr 28, 2017
So, I can return the phone at Amazon, even though the month is already around.
However, I have there immediately a new X1 ordered, simply because I am actually convinced of the mobile phone and hope to have caught the first time only a Monday device.
To me with the USB port does not happen again, I am considering the purchase of a magnetic USB plug, which remains permanently in the mobile phone. Only I do not know how it looks with the water density :(

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Moto Z3 Play
Finally, there is a date for Android 7:
http://www.agmmobile.com/en/news/x1-android-nougat

They pushed the rollout date several times, I can't believe this is final and there will be no more delays.

As expected, 5th of May, no Android 7. Fun fact: they removed the former english announcement, now there is only the Chinese text.
AGM 今年5月5日向AGM X1 推出Android 7.0 Nougat u pdate,届时AGM X1的所有用户都可以在此页面上下载并安装Android 7.0的ROM 。OTA for Android 7.0不支持牛轧糖更新。 新的和改进的功能将使AGM X1用户从他们的设备获得更多,这些改进扩展到通知,分屏视图和快速面板。您可以回复消息通知,而无需离开任何应用程序,在分屏视图,您可以轻松地调整窗口大小,并同时操作2应用程序,快速面板更新了一个更清洁的外观允许你更快地找到图标。 除了Android Nougat的这些新功能,AGM X1的相机,特别是双镜头,也将得到改进,它允许通过丰富的细节,使图片更清晰,更快,另外,几个小问题的手机将被固定,包括优化手机的电池寿命,性能,娱乐和游戏。 - See more at: http://www.agmmobile.com/en/news/x1-android-nougat#sthash.p7jY7bmP.dpuf

Reactions: Puerco020

Jasonnnnn

Mar 20, 2017
"Stay tuned for more information. "
or
"We will soon announce this information on our website"

Classic AGM response, at least notice us on website....

Puerco020

Sep 27, 2014
I sent them an email about the android 7 update not really expecting an answer but they did :)
This is what they had to say about it:
Hi,

About the Android 7.0 update for AGM X1, there is a little problem we need to fix, so we have to put off releasing the ROM until June so that the phone can run the latest system smoothly and stably.
We extend sincere apologies to you for the delay.

Best regards,
AGM
Let's see what they come up with....

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Moto Z3 Play
Let's see what they come up with....
Thank you, that you've asked them. Now they shifted the upgrade to June - which year (joking)?

Let's guess what will happen then: "Oh, the phone is quite old now, and latest Android is not compatible with it, difficulties everywhere, and we have several new devices to sell and we decided not to upgrade yours any more, we're so sorry". I'll be happy to be proven wrong...

Puerco020

Sep 27, 2014
They didn't say what year, I hope this year but I wouldn't bet my life on it...
It would be really stupid of them not to roll out this upgrade as this phone is a great design and the brand has potential to grow bigger than most Chinese phones but a lack of customer care could completely ruin their reputation.
How hard is it to roll out an update for a phone like this as there are already custom roms based on android 6.1, if the makers of this custom roms can do it why not the owner of the brand.

KSK82

Jan 5, 2009
Nougat 7

Hi to all! They released on FB, Nougat 7 will be in June.

Better like that, so the software does not have to much bugs and then all off us just problems using it.

Jasonnnnn

Mar 20, 2017
I believe by the time they release Android 7.0 . Its time to buy AGM X2 : ) I guess AGM x2 release in July/August.

dieterhaack

Dec 7, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S5 Neo
Moto Z3 Play
Its time to buy AGM X2
No way. If AGM fails on updating the X1, first = last. New date on on FB,
https://www.facebook.com/AGMphone/p...41829.235396930218249/295356280888980/?type=3

Our Team is working hard on finalizing Android Nougat Updates for AGM X1. We instructed our Team to Make sure 100% before release, therefore our team has been testing each and every thing to deliver error-free updates. It is expected to release in June.
I like error-free things, sadly their Android 5 isn't.

KSK82

Jan 5, 2009
Annnddd??

They "released on FB" that they were going to push it on May 5, several times. How is this new June release date suddenly more real?

Be paitent if not June then July. The phone is working with Android 5.1 to. As I said, better they test it twice and have some delays then just make the release and then next day this forum is just full of posts "this is sh*t, nothing working, did they test this?" and so on and so on..

It is in their best interess to make this flawles, their brand "AGM" depends on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    developed a lineageos 6.0 for this AGM X1
    Now just camera video recording & fingerprint not working
    will release soon
    *** Differences in versions X1 ***

Answering to myself (
    SOURCE : https://w3bsit3-dns.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=806063&st=80 (MESSAGE #85) ):

Here is an official communication from AGM Mobile :

"
    Soon, the reorganization of devices is planned. In devices X1 will be replaced Samsung super amoled display, on a similar AMOLED screen, but another manufacturer. These versions will differScreen, firmware and rear label. Firmware from older versions of the device can not be installed on newer versions of the device. Therefore, when downloading it will be necessary to carefully select the firmware.

When hacking a device version
    Samsung super AMOLED screen
    On the rear label there is a prefix "EU"
    The phone has software version V1

New version of the device (International version)
    AMOLED screen (Not Samsung super AMOLED)
    On the rear label there will be no "EU"
    The phone will have software version V2

Also to the new version of the device is AGM X1 Gold
    "

Bottom line : EU models/naming are abandoned.

Samsung screen (Super AMOLED according to their marketing) vs new one from another brand.
    Will see if there are major differences (battery life and viewing quality).
    On my gold edition, I've noticed : Yellowish / rainbow coloured reflection when screen is off ; when screen is "on" little "rainbow coloured" band (2mm) on the long sides are noticeable depending on the viewing angle. Sharp images and vivid colors and nothing is wrong with the screen except what I've mentioned which I haven't seen on any of my present previous, tablets or smartphones. AMOLED or screen coating probably... don't know but I didn't put any screen protector yet. Tempered glass or nothing.

According to AGM, the gold edition should have the new firmware "V2" and new screen ; no way... mine came with L1253.6.02.01.BYD.

We will see if all of the X1 versions will have their NOUGAT rom available from their website (by... late July 2017).

I'm now waiting for a lollipop ROM for the gold edition to be release early June.

I think that instead of complaining, we should all support AGM for making nice rugged phones at decent price. Customer support will increase I believe, let's don't loose faith ; we can be demanding but constructive also I guess. Patience is key sometimes. Better to have a stable OS once in a while than frequent updates of unstable OS. People unhappy with this can try to build a custom android rom themselves since AGM have open sourced the X1 stuff.
    https://db.tt/loleQchLCx
    Hi! I have another silly question :D
    I just got my AGM X1 today, nice and fast and good looking phone, easy to personalise, but on the lock screen there is 2 clocks, one for my hometown, and one for Beijing. I cant find the setting for turning off the dual clock feature, can somebody help me? ( I already switched the phones home to Budapest in the settings/calendar)
    image.jpg

Tomorrow probably I will have TWRP
    Never seen this. It was asked on AGM Facebook page, and never received an answer. In my case, I want a anti-glare protector.

I am using a samsung galaxy J7 protection. Not perfect, but OK.