The Cubot Dinosaur is announced! 4150mAh battery, 3GB RAM, Android 6.0!

Search This thread

nikolas1274

Aug 6, 2013
Redmi 9
I was using Resurrection with my old phone, it's very good rom..

Στάλθηκε από το CUBOT DINOSAUR μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
OK everyone good news here's v13 rom : https://yadi.sk/d/NGuSc3q837LvKf
And then follow these steps to flash it:
settings – about phone – wireless update – local updates(on the right top corner) – internal storage - select the files which you just downloaded - install now - OK
More news here's v13 rom TWRP 3.0.3 ZIP PASSWORD : ichijava https://www.dropbox.com/s/m0pgfvhk7ctfzk0/CUBOT_DINOSAUR_V13_20170103.rar?dl=0
Follow this guide how to flash TWRP : https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=68202052&postcount=50

extract and instal 3.1.0 via flashtool
this is test ,backup and restore dont work ...

Last edited:

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
these recovery i ported from cubot note s to dinosaur and worked all ok
on other recoverys by jemmini backup and resstore tool from pc dosent work for me ,only backup work and when im going to restore they say some errors to me and canot continue with the restore...
but in this twrp that i ported fixed everything...

changed theme :laugh:

edited more twrp 3 fixed 100% backup and restore from pc :good:
deleted and going to uploaded new (3.1.0) ported ..

Last edited:

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
3.1.0 ported and all working now ..
download and install via fllashtoll

for root go search google for update supersu 2.78 or 79 put on phone sd and install via recovery

Last edited:
Reactions: boertist

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
make any recovery work with pc backup tool only restore cant work

errors i got from restore
e:Unable to find file system first (first period)
e:Unable to find file system first (first period)
e:unknown restore method for ''/system''
e:adb restore failed

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-03-31-19-01-36.png
    Screenshot_2016-03-31-19-01-36.png
    55.2 KB · Views: 171

exerramun

Aug 19, 2012
Buenos Aires
I'm on V14 and no recovery TWRP has worked. I have tried all the indicated here and they do not work, since even after installing them with pow + vol up I continue in the recovery stock. What am I doing wrong?

exerramun

Aug 19, 2012
Buenos Aires

Mokke rom boots but setup wizard stops again and again. Only english and polish languages available.
AOSP rom needs to change dpi to 320. Works well but camera is horrible.
The RR rom works good, but screen brightness is always at maximum and can not be changed.

Last edited:

Ngadhnjim

Sep 26, 2015
Prishtina
Mokke rom boots but setup wizard stops again and again. Only english and polish languages available.
AOSP rom needs to change dpi to 320. Works well but camera is horrible.
The RR rom works good, but screen brightness is always at maximum and can not be changed.

sorry man i dont have that device anymore im movin ...so i dont known about dinosaur development
thats nice device :good::good:

Jasper TGZNL

Oct 6, 2016
How do you update?

I have V10 and rooted my dinosaur using Martin's guide. I have heard that if you update the normal way (downloading the file to SD and selecting it in updater) and you have a custom recovery that you get bricked or something related. Does anyone know how to update from V10 to 14 with TWRP and root safely?

_martin

Aug 14, 2016
Hi @Jasper TGZNL , Hi everybody!

This might be a bit late, but thanks to @Ngadhnjim and @ichijava I just managed to successfully update from V10 to V14 with TWRP, Root and Xposed.

I made a "Cubot Dinosaur V14 Root Package" which contains all files needed and my old root-guide. You can download it from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/0yaqo5henwa2fy7/Cubot%20Dinosaur%20V14%20Root%20Package.zip?dl=0

The root-guide is a bit outdated, but the steps are the same. If you haven't updated to V14 yet, the first steps of all is to backup everything and flash v14:

1a: Backup as described in the guide
1b: Additional, you can make full system backups as fail safe with TWRP - select partitions Boot, System and Data.

2: Flash the whole v14 package for a clean install, or leave out Data to keep your files. I went with a fresh install now put back all my files and reinstall all apps. You can make a "Titanium Backup"-Backup to go around to setup everything from scratch.

Then follow the guide to get TWRP, Root and Xposed.

When entering TWRP for the first time, you'll see it's in Spain. Take this picture as reference: https://forums.oneplus.net/attachments/t1-png.470712/

Swipe to the right to make installations permanent.

Cheers,
Martin

Last edited:
Reactions: exerramun

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Review

Introduction

This is the CUBOT Dinosaur

New-Cubot-Dinosaur-Quad-Core-Android-6-0-Dual-Sim-4g-Smart-Mobile-Phone-5-5.jpg_640x640.jpg

Hardware

This device is powered by a Mediatek MT6735A SOC clocked at 1.3GHz, with a plenty amount of RAM (3GB) and enough ROM (16GB). It has an 8MP Rear Camera (OmniVision OV8856), photos interpolated to 13MP, and a 2MP Front Camera (GalaxyCore GC2355), again interpolated to 5MP . Follow my next paragraphs to know more.

w9O21x7h.png

Unboxing

58DD7HGh.jpg

Packaging comes with some accessories: 1x Rugged TPU Cover (amazingly robust), 1x Micro-USB Cable, 1x 5V/1A Charger, 1x Quick Start Guide, 1x Compliance Regulation paper and the Smartphone (of course). No Headset included.

btUwl1ql.jpg
    A54iav8l.jpg

vybIS9hl.jpg
    FqdQbNZl.jpg

Unlike most devices from CUBOT, this one has a Plastic Chassis, with a Metal Chassis inside, this makes the whole device robust and lightweight in the same time. Pretty interesting, probably the first time that I see a device with something like this. To know more, just look the CUBOT Dinosaur teardown that can be found on the CUBOT YT Channel.

oYsmC2Ol.jpg
    tZLiCuol.jpg

It is just 15.5x7.9x0.96cm, pretty slim considering that there is a 4150mAh battery inside, and it weights 201g, lightweight enough.

EYg8Q9tl.jpg
    MPmo8Ujl.jpg

NAueeJol.jpg
    aE9BP20l.jpg

On the front side there is the usual 2.5D Curved Display enclosed in a plastic frame. Sincerely, on this device the plastic frame is pretty noticeable, I don’t know why. The upper front side of the device features a Front-Facing Camera, an Earpiece, and the Sensors hole that includes Light, Proximity and Gesture Sensors, and rare Notification LED. (only Blue color is supported, not RGB)

hQUkU56l.jpg

IAFgOrUl.jpg

On the lower front side of the device there are the Soft-Keys Navigation Buttons (not retro-illuminated), and almost hidden Microphone Hole. (on the left)

s5sBpDJl.jpg

On the back side there is the removable plastic back cover, with a nice texture similar to the Xiaomi MI4s.

mYXdujpl.jpg

The upper rear side of the device features a flat Camera supported by a Single-Flash (Single Tone) configuration.

v8bFa0Sl.jpg

The lower rear side of the device features some words about Model & Certificates, and the huge Speaker hole.

MTI548Ll.jpg

Inside, there all the slots are indipendent, smarter than other devices featuring a common slot where only 1x SIM-Card can be used at the same time if you use also a Micro-SD card.

cEhHpSml.jpg

Device

Screen

CUBOT, even if they do not declare it, choose an high-quality IPS screen on this device, made by AUO. But, it requires some a bit on work on the calibration, because color temperature and other factors are not as they should be. A software update might calibrate it.

qHwdRe0l.jpg

Brightness is great, without no issues at all under direct sunlight. The Light Sensor works great too, and supports smooth light changes making auto-brightness much better.

osUSlxml.png

About Viewing Angles, the screen doesn’t suffer any kind of issue, it behaves perfect in every single condition.

fg25q9Ml.jpg

uZaS55wl.jpg
    ViWyNh0l.jpg

Camera

Rear Camera works as on all other devices with the same camera sensor, nice quality but high noise level. Focus is pretty fast though, even better that what I thought.

gETrFgsl.jpg

As you can see, HDR makes photos brighter just like it should.

tCmLptcl.jpg
    lzoo96sl.jpg

Flashlight is powerful enough for nice shots, and it is almost required because even with medium light the camera sensor suffers a bit.

evqu6Xfl.jpg
    ouZRMeQl.jpg

As regards Video Recording, there are no major issues. 1080p videos (Video Quality – Fine) are recorded with a decent level of details, just remember that there is no OIS so you can’t expect stable videos. It is just me or there is a slight purple tint?

V Just check my sample here V

Front Camera is decent, but it is just 2MP so do not expect superb quality or high-detailed photos.

Audio

Built-in Speaker is...excellent, similar (be careful, not identical) to the Ulefone Vienna. It is loud, and low-frequencies are here, even if not too much, and it has a nice clarity. Well Done CUBOT!

Unfortunately, it is positioned on the back, and, as I have already said for many other devices, if you place the device on a table you could experience volume issues, but this doesn’t mean that it is a bad thing. As always, what matters here is the quality.

Nothing negative to say about the in-call/telephony quality.

Telephony, Mobile Network & WiFi

Thanks to the 4G Band 20 support (some other Chinese Smartphones don’t have it), I’m almost always and everywhere connected to the 4G Network of my Mobile Network Provider (TIM Italy).

Also 3G Signal Reception is accurate, actually I never managed to get connected to the 2G Network of my Mobile Operator because there was always some 3G Signal available.

4G Network Speed is decent, it highly depends on your Mobile Operator and mine isn’t pretty good. While 3G Network Speed, is just fine.

There is no WiFi 5GHz support here, but WiFi 2.4GHz speed isn’t extremely low, I managed to get connected to my network connection at 65mbps, and Speed Tests reach more or less 35mbps.

puo8V9Nl.png

Battery Life

I have measured the real battery capacity using my USB Tester, and as you can see it is even higher than declared. (declared 4150mAh, real almost 4900mAh) WOW!

nd2he1ll.jpg

Battery Life is just great, thanks to the huge battery. More than 10 hours of screen-on time are achiveable on this device. My PCMark’s Battery test confirms it.

YAMhPM8l.png
    y0oL8Irl.png

If you are worried about charging times, well...you have to. It doesn’t come with a Quick Charge power supply, so it takes a more than 2 hours to full charge. Maybe they should have used the same charger used on the CUBOT H2 with 5V/2A output, because with my own AUKEY charger, it manages to use nearly 1.4A. The included 5V/1A charger isn’t enough I think...this is a little mistake made by CUBOT. My advice is to use another charger with at least 5V/1.5A Power Output.

Software

Unlike previous devices from CUBOT, this one comes with a completely clean Android 6.0 release, without any customized lockscreen or anything else. Only the Settings app has been categorized, but nothing else. Excellent!

cUv4cXcl.png
    7QdUnpDl.png

yjy52Tbl.png
    3rZCMgpl.png

Just like other last-gen Mediatek Devices, there are some typical features such as Gestures, Turbo Download, etc…

6yulkdtl.png
    HeQL3pVl.png

The UI is extremely responsive and smooth, no lags at all. Performance is great too, and you’ll see it on the next paragraph, probably the fastest MT6735 device.

Benchmarks

I have used 3DMark, Antutu Benchmark, Epic Citadel, GeekBench 3, GFXBench, AndroBench, PCMark (Work & Storage) and Vellamo (Browser & CPU Tests) to stress the device to the limit. I won’t test Games or Video Playback because there are already some related tests included in these Benchmark suites.

3DMark – GPU Performance isn’t extremely good, OpenGL 3.1 & 3.0 tests require lots of power, and this is where almost every mid-range GPU falls. OpenGL 2.0 tests are pretty good though.

jANYo3sl.png
    STcpOoCl.png

Other 3DMark tests can be found on my Imgur album linked at the bottom of the thread.

AndroBench – eMMC Performance is the highest I have ever found on a MT6735 device.

jJG5ujRl.png
    OEhh4LRl.png

Antutu Benchmark – I won’t say a lot about this benchmarks, this isn’t as reliable as others. I’m providing this just for benchmarks lovers.

QWAR5yal.png
    gEhRyncl.png

Epic Citadel – As you can see, 3D performance is decent, enough for almost all games.

RZeLPJnl.png

GeekBench – CPU Performance is nearly as good as other CPUs with the same configuration (4x Cortex-A53), enough to handle almost every type of activity.

TPMIgI1l.png

GFXBench– GFXBench score is low, but you can’t expect something better with this CPU.

4WD1bbil.png
    jtBZ62Dl.png
    DkzScwBl.png

PCMark – As you can see, only Writing score is a bit low. Pretty good.

Work

UGyaY6Nl.png
    dzsiXgwl.png

Storage

4tQ09cVl.png
    z7Eg0xgl.png

Vellamo

Browser score is decent, as good as other MT6735 devices.

3YZ3p67l.png
    8fwQsMml.png
    sTb0sd6l.png

The same for the CPU score.

AV3Yzypl.png
    3kvsd0Al.png

I didn’t expected so high performance on this device. An excellent work has been made by CUBOT engineers, and I hope that they’ll continue to update this device for even more improvements.

Conclusions

With an huge battery, even more powerful that the value declared by the Manufacturer, and with excellent performance, this device is a nice compromise between quality and price.

Do I recommend it? Yes, if you need a long-lasting and powerful enough device, then this is the best choice. If you need a device for heavy-gaming, well...it might be better if you choose something else. Light Games run without any issue though.

Pros:

AUO Screen
    Battery Capacity higher than declared
    Smooth and Clean Android OS
    Notification LED
    Cheap

Cons:

Low-End Camera Sensors (Rear & Front)
    Single-Color Notification LED
    Screen needs to be Calibrated
    No Compass/Gyroscope

Rating: 8.6

Packaging and Accessories: 8.5
    Design and Materials: 8.5
    Performance and Heat Dissipation: 8
    Screen: 8
    Camera: 6.5
    Sound: 9
    Battery Life: 9.5
    Software: 9.5
    OEM Support: 9
    Price: 9

You can find full-res images (I know, Quality isn't excellent) here: http://imgur.com/a/tz1Kk

Official Website: http://www.cubot.net/smartphones/dinosaur/

You can buy it on many online shops.
    [Guide] How to root Cubot Dinosaur

This guide is for everyone (including non computer enthusiasts) who wants to root the CUBOT DINOSAUR phone in order to get rid of the nasty standby problem, or power saving app bug (http://forum.cubot.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=615).

Note: I successfully rooted my Dinosaur (V10_20160516) with Windows 10 Pro (64 Bit) by doing everything described in the steps below. However, I do not guarantee for anything. You are on your own responsibility! Also by rooting your device, the warranty is lost! You can unroot the phone, but I don't know if Cubot has a built in warranty-bit, like Samsung do (https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samsung_Knox).

Note: My Dinosaur has no SD-Card inserted. That means, whenever I connect the phone with a computer and put files on it, those files are copied to the internal storage. This may vary, if an SD-Card is used with the phone.

Since I did not figure out any of those steps on my own, I want to thank:
    • IronSouL for bringing up the bug in Cubot Forum
    • wiedster for finding out, that freezing "the sh*t out of the power saver app" is the only working solution by now (14. August 2016)
    • skeleton1911 for the very detailed guide on MTK USB driver installation on Windows 10
    • welder_pb for the working TWRP recovery ROM
    • vsrookie for the Grorkmod without Xposed would not run on the Dinosaur and others
    • and of course the people from TWRP, SuperSU and Xposed - your work is amazing!
    1. Download and unzip this:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yyg9x9ul6bylh4e/Cubot Dinosaur Root Package.zip?dl=0

Unzip it only once, packages like SuperSU need to stay zipped. In the further guide, this folder is referenced as THE FOLDER.

THE FOLDER contains:
    • Windows 10 MTK VCOM USB Preloader Drivers
    • SP_Flash_Too_v5.1512.00.000
    • TWRP 3.0.2 Recovery ROM with MT6735 Android scatter file
    • SuperSU 2.76
    • Grorkmod for Xposed
    • Xposed V86 SDK23
    • XposedInstaller 3.0 aplha4
    You may want to use more recent versions of those files. It's your decision. I can only say that all of those worked just fine for me.

2. Fully charge the phone

3. Make backups
    If everything went well, there is no need for a backup. But if not... you know, safety first! There are several options, I did all three of them.

3.a Backup with phone
    Generally, go through all your apps and think if there are any data which need to be saved.
    3.b Backup files to Computer:
    Connect the phone via USB to the computer and just copy everything. You need to go through it folder by folder, because some folders can't be copied and Windows aborts the copy-process.

3.c ADB Backup
    ADB Backup does not include everything, it's not a full system backup! But at least, you can grab some apps and settings. Follow this guide to do so: http://www.techrepublic.com/article/how-to-create-a-full-backup-of-your-android-device-without-root/

4. Copy files
    Plug in the phone via USB and copy for later use:
    • THE FOLDER -> 4_SuperSU ->UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip
    [OPTIONAL] (read more about it on Step 11)

• THE FOLDER -> 5_Grorkmod -> grorkmod_v1.0.zip
    • THE FOLDER -> 6_Xposed -> xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64
    • THE FOLDER -> 6_Xposed -> XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    5. Unlock bootloader
    Unlocking the bootloader is critical! Do the following:

• on your phone, go to "Settings" -> "Developer Options "
    If there is no such, do this: http://www.greenbot.com/article/245...-options-on-your-android-phone-or-tablet.html

• enable "Developer Options "
    • enable "OEM unlocking"
    • enable "USB debugging"
    Screenshot_20160813-130651.png

6. Install Windows 10 Drivers
    Your phone is recognized when you connect it with a computer, but it's not enough for us. Also, you don't need to download and install the Windows 10 drivers provided in the Cubot Forum (http://forum.cubot.net/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=502). You can't install them.

Instead, simply follow this guide: http://xdaforums.com/elephone-p8000/help/guide-windows-10-mtk-vcom-usb-drivers-t3264884
    Download the drivers provided in the guide, or use the one from THE FOLDER. They are the same.

7. Flash TWRP Recovery ROM
    The recovery ROM is a small and limited operating system, which comes with Android. You can install updates or do a factory reset with it.
    But that's not enough for us. We want to install software into the Android system and therefore, we need an alternative recovery ROM: TWRP to the rescue!
    The only way to install this new recovery ROM is to flash it into the phone. Here we go:

7.a Shut down the phone

• press and hold the power button until some options appear on the screen
    • select "Power off" and confirm with "OK"
    7.b Flash TWRP
    • go to THE FOLDER -> 2_SP_Flash_Tool_v5.1512.00.000
    • run flash_tool.exe
    • in Flash Tool, go to "Options" -> "Options"->"Download" and set "DA DL All with Checksum"
    • close the window
    • go the tab "Download"
    • make sure, that the Download Agent is "MTK_AllInOne_DA" from the Flash Tool folder
    • click on "Scatter-loading" and navigate to: THE FOLDER -> 3_Recovery_ROM and select "MT6735_Android_scatter.txt"
    The Scatter-file tells the Flash Tool where all the subsystems, like the recovery ROM, are stored. It's basically an index of your phone memory chip. Double check that you are using the right scatter file in order to not mess up your phone!

• the new recovery ROM should have been auto selected and listed
    If not, click in "recovery"-row - "Location"-column and navigate to THE FOLDER -> 3_Recovery_ROM and select "recovery.img".

• check and double check if only - ONLY! - the "recovery" box is checked
    • also, make sure the options-menu shows "Download Only"
    It should look like this:

3.PNG

• now, click on "Download" to flash the recovery ROM to your device
    • only now connect your switched off phone with the computer
    The status bar at the bottom of Flash Tool should fill very quickly and the whole flashing process should be finished within seconds. When a window with a green check mark appear, everything went well and you have successfully flashed TWRP to your Dinosaur!

If nothing happens and the status bar isn't filled, click on "Stop" and go to "Help" -> "Open Logs Folder", those logs may help to trace down the problem.

8. Install SuperSU
    With SuperSU you are able to give apps root rights. This functionality is basically available on all Linux-systems (Android is based on Linux), but was removed in Android for safety reasons, I guess.
    Restoring this functionality is the actual rooting. Let's go:

8.a Enter TWRP
    • while your phone is still shout down, press and hold the power button and volume up until the screen goes on
    You should see the TWRP splash screen. If you end up with a Chinese menu instead, you pressed power + volume down, not volume up! This is the factory mode, you can run several tests here, but also clear the whole phone memory! Do not do anything and gently remove the battery. Insert battery again and restart this step.

• on first run, TWRP asks you if you want to leave the system partition unmodified
    • I selected "Keep Read Only", but I'm not quite sure about the effects of this selection
    • you can now enter "Settings" to select your language and some other stuff, but it's not necessary
    8.b Install SuperSU
    • in TWRP main screen, select "Install"
    You should already be located at your internal storage. If not, touch on "Select Storage" -> "Internal Storage" or "SDCard", if you copied the files from Step 4 there.

• search for "UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.76-20160630161323.zip" in the list and select it for installation
    Command lines should run over the screen and the installations process should be done after a few seconds.

• clear Dalvik Cache
    It's recommended to do it in order to prevent system conflicts. This cache is basically an index of your installed apps and gets new and fresh rebuild, as soon as the system starts up.

• now, tap on "Reboot" in the TWRP main screen and select "System"
    It could take a while until Androids starts up, because the Dalvik cache gets rebuilt. If the phone is constantly attempting to re boot, you have a "boot loop". Press and hold the power button until the screen goes off and try to restart the phone. If this is not helping, reinstall SuperSU. If this is still not helping, make sure you have unlocked the bootloader as described in Step 5. If you have done it, re-flash TWRP and try again or search the internet for a solution.

9. Freeze the Power Saving App
    Now, you are in *control* of your phone! You can not only stop the faulty Power Saving App, but also some of the preinstalled apps like Browser, E-Mail, Calendar and so on, and you can install apps which require root access.
    But one word of warning: You can also completely mess up your system or open up security leaks! So, whatever you do: think twice. And if you are not sure: research.

9.a The SuperSU App
    With the installation of the SuperSU Software, the SuperSU app got installed as well. Whenever an app requests root access, SuperSU will prompt a dialog where you can allow or deny this access.
    Understand this as a security level and always have an eye on which app requests root access! In the SuperSU app you can manage apps with root access and there are also some settings, which you can
    explore by yourself.

9.b App freezer
    Now to the main part!

Search in Google Play Store for an "App freezer", some are free, some not. I used Titanium Backup (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.keramidas.TitaniumBackup), but one must buy the pro version to freeze apps. When you found an app freezer which you like, grant it root access and search for "Power Saving Mode 1.0"-App and freeze it. Done!

I also tried uninstalling, but it comes back after restart. So just deactivate it by freezing it. You can now freeze some of the other preinstalled apps too, but watch out and keep my words of warning in mind.

All frozen apps did not appear in the system anymore. You can't search for them, you can't see them in the app drawer, they are not starting up, when the phones is booting and - of course - they are also not prompting any messages. They just disappeared.

However, you can still find them in "Settings" -> "Apps", they are marked as "deactivated" there.

If you now try to enter the "Power saving mode", the settings are closed with a message: "Unfortunately, Settings has stopped.". Don't worry, you can just restart settings by tapping on it. Just don't tap on Power Saving Mode anymore.

9.c Root File Browser
    Finally, you may want to get access to all the files and folders on the phone. Therefore, you need a root file browser. I recommend FX (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.fx).

10. Lock bootloader
    There is no need for an unlocked bootloader anymore.
    • on your phone, go to "Settings" -> "Developer Options "
    • disable "OEM unlocking"
    • disable "USB debugging"
    • disable "Developer options"

[Optional]
    Now with a rooted phone, you can install Xposed Framework and GravityBox.

The Xposed-Framework is a bit like the Playstore. It offers you access to a lot of toolboxes and tweaking-apps, like GravityBox.

With GravityBox, you can make modifications, like changing hardware key behavior. I used it to enable Google "Now on tap" feature, which don't work natively on the Dinosaur.
    But there are a lot more options, which you can explore by yourself.

11. Install Grorkmod and Xposed Framework
    To install Xposed Framework, you need to install the Grorkmod. Read more about here: http://xdaforums.com/elephone-p9000/development/mod-grorkmod-eragon-aerom-v0-5-beta-t3395667

If not already done in step 4, connect the phone via USB and copy:
    • THE FOLDER -> 5_Grorkmod -> grorkmod_v1.0.zip
    • THE FOLDER -> 6_Xposed -> xposed-v86-sdk23-arm64
    • THE FOLDER -> 6_Xposed -> XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk
    • power off the phone and enter TWRP (step 8.a)
    • install the same way you did in step 8.b:
    • Grorkmod
    • clear Dalvik Cache
    • Xposed
    • clear Dalvik Cache again
    • now, tap on "Reboot" in the TWRP main screen and select "System"
    It could take a while, because the Dalvik cache gets rebuilt. If you run into a boot loop, power off the phone and restart it. It happened to me at this point, but a simple restart did it. If it's not helping, download the Xposed Uninstaller (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=3034811) and repeat this whole step.

• if everything went well and you are again on your home screen, use your file explorer (step 9.c) and navigate to your internal storage
    • select and install "XposedInstaller_3.0_alpha4.apk"
    • you can now enter the Xposed Framework
    12. Install GravityBox
    • in the Xposed App, tap Download and search for "GravityBox [MM]"
    • download and install the module
    • Xposed may asks you to activate app side load ("Allow installation of apps from unknown sources"), just do it!
    • now, open the GravityBox App and have fun!
    Note: I made this guide as complete and detailed as possible. However, if something is missing or wrong, please contact me or write in the comments.

Thank you for reading.
    This is stock recovery v13 download : https://www.dropbox.com/s/r4ifbyo9y7fv12u/recovery.img?dl=0
    Download v14 rom to sd-card flash v13 stock recovery with flash tool then go in to recovery and install update v14 rom after that flash with flash tool v13 twrp. I didnt loose any data.
    btw. anyone else having these massive problems with background tasks being killed, e.g. whatsapp messages not coming through when screen is off for a while? this is fixable with root but still. there are some people over at the cubot forums complaining but admin there isn't to helpful.

If you have root, you can try to flash this patch from twrp. Dont forget make backup of system partition before flash.
    Check out Alberto's review of it here!
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=67482521&postcount=12

http://www.cubot.net/smartphones/dinosaur/

Cubot's new phone, the Cubot dinosaur will offer a jurassic experience. They want to solve the biggest issues we experience in cell phones today, namely battery life, performance, and the footprint of the phone. This phone will be 8.8mm thick while packing a 4150mAh battery, and Cubot hasn't been known to lie about their battery capacity. THey are also putting in 3GB of RAM that should help with performance, but are using the MTK6735? Which is a little strange, but hopefully the 3GB of RAM can make up for not using a Helio X10. It also comes with Android 6.0 Marshmallow, which is an extremely nice surprise from a chinese manufacturer, as they are generally released with Lollipop.

Full Specs:
    MT6735A 1.3Ghz CPU
    3gb RAM, 16gb ROM
    Android 6.0
    4150 mAh battery
    5.5" 720 IPS Screen
    MicroSD support
    13MP (interpolated) / 5MP Front Camera
    4G LTE
    Dual SIM
    USB OTG
    8.8mm Thick