FORUMS

DOOGEE Shoot 1 - Information & Reviews - 5.5" FHD | MT6737T | 2GB | 16GB | Dual Cam

8,291 posts
Thanks Meter: 17,431

Post Reply Email Thread
1st March 2017, 05:42 PM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 7

More
Thank you again ! I'll perform it tonight and will post the results.
2nd March 2017, 10:53 AM |#22  

More
Seems you were right!

I did reset to factory and by now no virus appeared nor found by BitDefender. I'm not sure yet because when I updated it took one day for the annoying adwares to appear, but it looks ok! I'll continue cheking and come back with any news.

If the OTA actually fixed it and only the factory reset was left to solve the problem ... why Doogee don't explain this in the OTA description? This factory reset is uncomfortable enough for not to do it for yourself without any advice....
3rd March 2017, 01:46 PM |#23  

More
So far so good.. I No traces of the virus yet, not adware nor in Bitdefender scan.. So thank you very much , and chapeau to Doogee. They could be more communicative

BTW. I have noticed a big improvement in the rear camera. Now far focus works ok, like the photos you posted . Dual camera-bokeh effect is rubish, but at least the camera works OK.
The Following User Says Thank You to jmam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmam Ad-Free
5th March 2017, 09:40 AM |#24  

More
I was too optimistic., i'm afraid! Virus is still there! Same symptms after 48 hours. Same apk's installed... So they did'nt solved it, i'm afraid.. Could you confirm, Alberto?
The Following User Says Thank You to jmam For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift jmam Ad-Free
5th March 2017, 11:11 AM |#25  
Not here, I'm sorry.

P.S.: i have disabled DG Xender, Parallel Space and WPS Office, something that i think no one would like to have on his smartphone.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20170305-120928.png
Views:	400
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	4062785  
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
6th March 2017, 06:23 PM |#26  
Flag charleroi
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Video en Français du Doogee Shoot 1
Test en français du Doogee shoot 1 sur Youtube la chaîne Chinandroid ou directement sur le blog http://chinandroidphone.com/

Grazie Alberto
6th March 2017, 11:27 PM |#27  

More
Using a firewall, and based on other users experience , i found that seems that the virus is on com.tihomobi.lockframe.syslocker , Screen locker application, a system app which uses an icon with a lockin a colored background. From time to time it tries to connect with 110.79.20.16 (a chinese web services provider) . I have blocked it with the firewall and the whole day no trojan-infected app has been installed nor tried to be installed. Now i have deactivates this app (is a system one, unable to remove without root) and switched off the firewall to see if malware comes back. I will tell if new viruses arise.
7th March 2017, 08:54 AM |#28  
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmam

Using a firewall, and based on other users experience , i found that seems that the virus is on com.tihomobi.lockframe.syslocker , Screen locker application, a system app which uses an icon with a lockin a colored background. From time to time it tries to connect with 110.79.20.16 (a chinese web services provider) . I have blocked it with the firewall and the whole day no trojan-infected app has been installed nor tried to be installed. Now i have deactivates this app (is a system one, unable to remove without root) and switched off the firewall to see if malware comes back. I will tell if new viruses arise.

I have disabled it too, that's called Characteristic Lockscreen in Display Settings.

This explains everything I think.
The Following User Says Thank You to Alberto96 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
8th March 2017, 09:12 AM |#29  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbi39

The black versions looks so nice, does anybody own one? Just saw it at geekbuying for $109.

I own a black one. Hmmm... the phone relly looks nice . But maybe now i would choose the silver one, not sure. At the end is plastic, and usually the silver fits better to this material, in my opinion.

If you get rid of the virus (with the "screen lock" app disabled, that trick seems to do it) it's quite a good value for the price. Nice screen, 5.5" , one day battery...
My only serious problem now is the unaccuracy of the GPS, which even in the open air changes position randomly in a few tenths of meters even with a good 3d fix, making Google maps and Here near to useless , but this probably is a failure of my unit.

Ah, and forget about the second camera; it does nothing useful, the bokeh effect (field depth) is a radial blur filter, not a real one. But both frontal and rear main cameras are quite decent.

Anyway, to be completely honest, I would probably look for other models-brands , assuming the double camera is a waste of resources.. But at the moment this one was also one of the cheapest 5'5"
9th March 2017, 11:39 AM |#30  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Hi to all,
I also have problem with malware on this phone, I did a firmware update 20170222 and fresh factory reset 2 days ago and today I did get viruses again.
Characteristic Lockscreen in Display has been disabled, so it is somewhere else.
Also, I found that it is contacting 110.79.20.208 and 110.79.20.16.

About GPS reception, I have also found some errors while driving, but I think it is less now in new firmware, so maybe it is fixed.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Did a further analysis and found 2 processes that tried to connect to malicius sites:
com.android.snap
and SystemLocker
The Following User Says Thank You to dorijan79 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift dorijan79 Ad-Free
9th March 2017, 12:37 PM |#31  
Quote:
Originally Posted by dorijan79

Hi to all,
I also have problem with malware on this phone, I did a firmware update 20170222 and fresh factory reset 2 days ago and today I did get viruses again.
Characteristic Lockscreen in Display has been disabled, so it is somewhere else.
Also, I found that it is contacting 110.79.20.208 and 110.79.20.16.

About GPS reception, I have also found some errors while driving, but I think it is less now in new firmware, so maybe it is fixed.

---------- Post added at 11:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:19 AM ----------

Did a further analysis and found 2 processes that tried to connect to malicius sites:
com.android.snap
and SystemLocker

Thanks a lot, your message has been forwarded to Doogee.

Please wait for the next OTA
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
doogee, doogee-shoot-1, dual camera, mt6737t, samsung camera, shoot 1

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)