DOOGEE Y6 Max - Information & Reviews - 6.5" FHD (also 3D) | MT6750T | 3GB | 32GB

Search This thread

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
The Gyroscope works correctly or is it a drifting inverted gyroscope? Apps for VR, AR and games play right?
For instance: SkyView, Discovery VR and Ryot VR.

djkano2001

Jan 18, 2017
I have two questions regarding the Gyroscope and 3D of Doogee Y6 Max 3D.
The Gyroscope works correctly or is it a drifting inverted gyroscope? Apps for AR, VR and games play right?
How do you rate the 3D display in comparison to products from other manufacturers?
For example, the Eye-Tracking holographic 3D display of the Takee 1 smartphone is outstanding. Playing 3D videos is a gorgeous experience! However, it suffers from a serious Gyroscope bug.

NO, Gyroscope does not work correctly, I can't use VR games/software. And I was thinking that you could play VR games in 3D without glasses, but no. The only 3d I can see is videos (nor photos, nor VR, nor software like Phereo or 3DSteorid). :(

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
TrinusVR fix for the Gyroscope bug

NO, Gyroscope does not work correctly, I can't use VR games/software. And I was thinking that you could play VR games in 3D without glasses, but no. The only 3d I can see is videos (nor photos, nor VR, nor software like Phereo or 3DSteorid). :(
There is a workaround for VR games and 360° videos that requires a PC connection. Use TrinusVR.
https://www.trinusvirtualreality.com/
At the TrinusVR PC Server go to Settings, Advanced Mode, Sensors, then invert Yawn and Pitch.
An alternative is described here:
https://nogyroscopevr.wordpress.com/2016/02/17/no-gyroscope-no-probelm/
Do not forget to report the gyroscope bug to Doogee!

Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
I want to report/suggest some bugs/functions to Doogee. Where do you think is the best place? I was considerating to talk via Twitter (PM) because in forums maybe they don't look at it.
Follow the rules!
1-One bug per report
2-Learn to write the perfect bug report
http://testthewebforward.org/docs/bugs.html
3-Contact the After-Sale Support
http://www.doogee.cc/category/after-sale-support
4-Issue a copy of the report to Doogee Y Series or Bug Reports - Doogee smartphone community
https://www.doogee.cc/bbs/index.php
5-Talk via Twitter

Last edited:
Reactions: djkano2001

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
Phereo - download Side-by-Side images to Doogee Y6 Max 3D

Phereo is a cross-technology 3D photo-sharing platform. Go there to download Phereo TV and Android apps. Browse through the biggest collection of 3D photos. :eek:
http://phereo.com/

Phereo 3D Photo app does not have native 3D support for DOOGEE Y6 Max 3D. Only for well-known brands like HTC and LG. Therefore, DOOGEE Y6 Max 3D will be assigned with Anaglyph 3D viewing mode by Phereo´s automatic detection mechanism. Do not worry!

Go to Phereo Settings and switch 3D view mode from Anaglyph to Side-by-Side. Do not forget to switch Content from Only Safe to All. Then go back to the Main menu and click Explore. A galery opens with lots of 3D image thumbnails. Click to open a Side-by-Side image. At the bottom left there is the author and title. Click there to open Comments and Photo Info. A red button for Save Photo is available after Photo Info tab is selected.

Click in Save Photo to download an image to your storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Phereo/
Do you have a Micro-SD card? The image will be stored there with a JPS File Extension. To retrieve it use File Manager. Click on the file and complete the action with 3D Gallery. Wait a few seconds for the auto-stereoscopic photo to come in focus. Voilá! :eek:

Some 3D images have narrow viewing angles and may take up to 30 seconds to adjust to your inter-pupilary distance.

If for any reason there is a need to edit the 3D image with auto-alignment buy the 3DSteroid Pro version or do it manually in the free app. An alternative is to use Phereoshop software.
http://phereoshop.com/

Have fun!

Last edited:

djkano2001

Jan 18, 2017
Phereo

Phereo 3D Photo app does not have native 3D support for DOOGEE Y6 Max 3D. Only for well-known brands like HTC and LG. Therefore, DOOGEE Y6 Max 3D will be assigned with Anaglyph 3D viewing mode by Phereo´s automatic detection mechanism. Do not worry!

Go to Phereo Settings and switch 3D view mode from Anaglyph to Side-by-Side. Do not forget to switch Content from Only Safe to All. Then go back to the Main menu and click Explore. A galery opens with lots of 3D image thumbnails. Click to open a Side-by-Side image. At the bottom left there is the author and title. Click there to open Comments and Photo Info. A red button for Save Photo is available after Photo Info tab is selected.

Click in Save Photo to download an image to your storage/sdcard0/DCIM/Phereo/
Do you have a Micro-SD card? The image will be stored there with a JPS File Extension. To retrieve it use File Manager. Click on the file and complete the action with 3D Gallery. Wait a few seconds for the auto-stereoscopic photo to come in focus. Voilá! :eek:

Some 3D images have narrow viewing angles and may take up to 30 seconds to adjust to your inter-pupilary distance.

If for any reason there is a need to edit the 3D image with auto-alignment buy the 3DSteroid Pro version or do it manually in the free app. An alternative is to use Phereoshop software.
1.- I have reasonable reasons to think that forcing any 3D app like phereo to show image like on a Gadmei tablet will work (I used Phereo on Gadmei 3D tablet), I have tested Eassee 3D and is working perfectly: is an app designed for a product that is a parallax screen protector wich I don't have. So it's only dividing horizontal resolution (1920) and take 1st row for left eye, 2nd for right, 3rd for left, 4th for right... (or inverted).
2.- Y6 Max 3D has no way to show up 3D photos, nor the integrated gallery, nor QuickPic (wich works on other 3D tablets/phones)
3.- I already have 3DSteroid Pro, but the same: it does not use 3d screen of Y6 Max 3D

Last edited:

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
1.- I have reasonable reasons to think that forcing any 3D app like phereo to show image like on a Gadmei tablet will work (I used Phereo on Gadmei 3D tablet), I have tested Eassee 3D and is working perfectly: is an app designed for a product that is a parallax screen protector wich I don't have. So it's only dividing horizontal resolution (1920) and take 1st row for left eye, 2nd for right, 3rd for left, 4th for right... (or inverted).
2.- Y6 Max 3D has no way to show up 3D photos, nor the integrated gallery, nor QuickPic (wich works on other 3D tablets/phones)
3.- I already have 3DSteroid Pro, but the same: it does not use 3d screen of Y6 Max 3D

I am using a TAKEE 1 Naked Eye 3D smartphone. The Phereo app is set automatically to Anaglyph view mode. Trying to switch to native 3D mode is useless.

Eassee 3D has a very poor rendition of 3D videos. The stock 3D Video app of TAKEE 1 is amazing! Unfortunately, it does not play 360° videos.

QuickPic Gallery is underwelming for 3D photos. The stock 3D Gallery app of TAKEE 1 is gorgeous!

The reason for the under-performance of the replacement apps is their lack of Eye Tracking.

My advice is to ask Doogee for a 3D Gallery app with Eye Tracking.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I will not buy the Doogee Y6 Max 3D.

Last edited:

djkano2001

Jan 18, 2017
I am using a TAKEE 1 Naked Eye 3D smartphone. The Phereo app is set automatically to Anaglyph view mode. Trying to switch to native 3D mode is useless.

Eassee 3D has a very poor rendition of 3D videos. The stock 3D Video app of TAKEE 1 is amazing! Unfortunately, it does not play 360° videos.

Thanks for sharing your knowledge. I will not buy the Doogee Y6 Max 3D.

On my Y6 Max 3D video is awesome, it comes with 2 video players, one gets pixelated image and the other is amazing! you can't see no pixel on 3d videos, it's like holograms. And Eassee 3D is playing the same perfect 3d quality (but 3d youtube is not working)

Is 3DSteroid working on Takee 1? and 3d youtube?

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
On my Y6 Max 3D video is awesome, it comes with 2 video players, one gets pixelated image and the other is amazing! you can't see no pixel on 3d videos, it's like holograms. And Eassee 3D is playing the same perfect 3d quality (but 3d youtube is not working)

Is 3DSteroid working on Takee 1? and 3d youtube?

There may be functional differences in display technologies between Takee and Doogee. Takee has an One Glass Solution (OGS) touchscreen. Doogee has a Glass+Film (G+FF) touchscreen. Their Eye-Tracking is different too.

TAKEE 1 is advertised as the World's first 3D Holographic smartphone from 2014/2015. Awarded IF Design Award 2015 and CES Innovation Award 2015. It has Eye-Tracking with two sensors which are located on both sides of the display. Top and bottom of the phone in vertical position. Left and right of the phone in horizontal position.

TAKEE 1 has two stock video players (3D and 2D) and two stock image galleries (3D and 2D). The 3D videos are awesome, like holograms too! The same for 3D photos.

Eassee 3D doesn't have an hologram rendition of 3D videos on TAKEE 1. However, there is a slight 3D effect.

QuickPic 3D Gallery also fails to impress because the images are not hologram-like on TAKEE 1.

Regarding 3DSteroid, I have turned on the parallax view mode on the stereo settings. However, it does not show an hologram like image on TAKEE 1. Maybe I have to tinker with focus point and interval for each image!

Unfortunately, 3D YouTube displays a parallel Side-by-Side video in 2D on TAKEE 1. It must be downloaded with SnapTube to internal memory in order to run the stock 3D Video player.

Am I spoiled by the Eye-Tracking and holograms? Nothing else pleases me!

There is also a stock online 3D Films player and ULIFANG, the only online service that provides 3D content and holographic content only for this TAKEE 1 phone. The ULIFANG shop has 60 or more Full 3D movies and many 3D games with Air-Touch/ Air-View/ Air-Gesture technology. The ULIFANG shop is once again available to TAKEE 1 users outside China.

Excellent news!
The manufacturer of the SuperD D1 Naked Eye 3D smartphone has exclusive rights to distribute 30 3D Films of DreamWorks Studios in Asia for this phone. Will Doogee sign a similar deal?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR4ijBGpQS8

Official website of SuperD
http://www.superd.cn/en/

Sorry for this long post. It may help those who are looking for more info.

Last edited:

djkano2001

Jan 18, 2017
SuperD? Another 3D phone!!
I just purchased the Axon 7 Max and is amazing!! Great 3D, great 3d hub with full movies (even free) to stream or download, 3d photo community (some of the best 3D photos I have ever seen on 10 years), and (Chinese) videogames.
There's an avalanche of 3d news this months, so I created a blog: tridimensional.info I'm proud to say that there's more news every week than I can publish right now :)
I wish you like my blog, I accept questions/suggestions.
I didn't know that Takee 1 was so good, I will try to buy it too and publish a review on my blog.

PD: Maybe you can see 3d youtube on the browser, like the Nintendo 3ds (youtube app for 3ds doesn't support 3d, but you can see 3d videos browsing youtube with 3ds internet browser)

Last edited:

cirnocirno

Dec 1, 2010
Will they provide more support for the y6 max?
I really love this phone, despite it's size and I know it can be even better.

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
SuperD? Another 3D phone!!
I just purchased the Axon 7 Max and is amazing!! Great 3D, great 3d hub with full movies (even free) to stream or download, 3d photo community (some of the best 3D photos I have ever seen on 10 years), and (Chinese) videogames.
There's an avalanche of 3d news this months, so I created a blog: tridimensional.info I'm proud to say that there's more news every week than I can publish right now :)
I wish you like my blog, I accept questions/suggestions.
I didn't know that Takee 1 was so good, I will try to buy it too and publish a review on my blog.

PD: Maybe you can see 3d youtube on the browser, like the Nintendo 3ds (youtube app for 3ds doesn't support 3d, but you can see 3d videos browsing youtube with 3ds internet browser)

Then you will enjoy the fresh news. Another smartphone with dual cameras will join the 3D push in the first quarter of 2017. ;)
Bluboo Dual Soon Upgrades to Naked-eye 3D Display
http://thetechhacker.com/2017/01/11/bluboo-dual-soon-upgrades-naked-eye-3d-display/

djkano2001

Jan 18, 2017
Something I discovered with Axon 7 Max and chinese online services like iQIYI is 3D is very popular on China, I even have seen the chinese Got Talent in 3D.

GaryLK

Feb 5, 2017
I got the doogee Y6 Max 3d and movies are great in the 3d. You can watch the full video without a headache and the 3d is always much better than any regular 2d.

YuriRM

Dec 17, 2015
iQIYI apps in Google Play ask for many permissions. Therefore, I'm reluctant to install it in Android. Google Chrome is unable to translate the official website of iQIYI. I wonder how you can navigate in Chinese. I have subscribed to your newsletter. Unfortunately, Doogee Y6 Max 3D has had a price hike. It is available in only a few online shops.

Last edited:

ravikiran1252

Jun 16, 2013
How to use VoLTE on y6 max ?? There's an opting to use the enhanced 4g LTE voice calling option, even on turning that on I am not able to use VoLTE calling. Please help me.

fvdk

Jan 15, 2017

TriDef 3D Gallery, available from the play store works perfectly on the Doogee for photos as well as videos.

Reactions: YuriRM

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOOGEE Y6 Max - Information & Reviews - 6.5" FHD (also 3D) | MT6750T | 3GB | 32GB

DOOGEE Y6 Max

FFZViHxh.jpg

Specs:

Dimensions: 171.3 * 89.0 * 8.95 mm
    Weight: 250g
    Chassis: Metal
    SoC: MediaTek MT6750T
    CPU: ARM Cortex-A53, 4x1500 MHz + 4x1000 Mhz, Cores: 4 + 4
    GPU: ARM Mali-T860 MP2 650MHz, Cores: 2
    Network: 4G Cat.6 (300MBps) with VoLTE Support
    RAM: 3 GB
    Storage: 32 GB
    Memory cards: microSD, microSDHC, microSDXC
    Display: 6.5 in, AUO IPS, 1080 x 1920 pixels, 24 bit
    Protection:
    Battery: 4300mAh, Li-Polymer
    Back Camera: 4160 x 3120 pixels (13MP), Samsung S5K3L8 Sensor, Single Flash, PDAF
    Front Camera: 2560 x 1960 pixels (5MP)
    SIM card: Dual SIM, Dual-Standby
    Wi-Fi:
    USB: 2.0, Micro-USB
    Bluetooth: 4.0
    Positioning: GPS
    Other Features: Fingerprint Scanner, Compass/Magnetometer, Gyroscope, Hall Sensor
    Colors: Gold, Silver

y_01.gif

y_02.gif

y_03.gif

y_04.gif

y_05.gif

y_06.gif

y_07.gif

Leaked News:

DOOGEE Y6 MAX, 84.6% screen to body ratio and greater color saturation

As we know, the DOOGEE Y6 MAX features an ultra big 6.5 inch LCD display with FHD 1920*1080 resolution which renders incredibly detailed visuals, fluid animations, and effects so real, you’ll lose yourself in your favorite movies and games.

cugdyBVl.jpg

As you can see, colors are more vivid, true to life, and engaging. It’s more like a mini version of iPad but with light weight and fitful size.

7Y1F6WQl.jpg

The screen to body ratio of the DOOGEE Y6 MAX ranks among the top 5 which is 84.6%. The screen to body ratio of the latest Xiaomi Mi Mix is 91.3%. The high ratio will provide you a full immerse feeling and amazing visual impact.

cMHB6f2l.jpg

See the video for more info

Product Webpage: http://www.doogee.cc/products-detail.php?ProId=93

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/doogee.cc
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/DOOGEE_official
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/doogee_official
    Review (part 1)

Introduction

This is the DOOGEE Y6 Max.

FFZViHxh.jpg

Hardware

Together with the Y6, DOOGEE choose to release an over-sized version of it with a giant 6.5" screen, the Y6 Max. This is definitely a ph-ablet, not a smartphone, but its size isn't as bad as you might expect.

It is powered by a Mediatek MT6750T SOC clocked at 1.5GHz, with a Samsung S5K3L8 13MP Rear Camera and a GalaxyCore GC5024 (not Hynix HM553 as declared) 5MP Front Camera. Compared to the Y6, the Storage Configuration is similar, 3GB of RAM and 32GB of RAM, just in the middle between the Standard and the Piano Black Y6.

6sTORnDl.jpg

Unboxing

uAJe23xl.jpg

Packaging comes with many accessories: 1x Micro-USB Cable, 1x 5V/2A USB Charger, 1x Quick Start Guide, 1x In-Ear Earphones (medium quality), 1x TPU Cover, 1x Plastic Screen Protector, 1x SIM Card Tray Eject Tool, 1x Nano to Micro SIM adapter and the Smartphone (of course). A screen protector is already applied.

9Q63WA3l.jpg

The Chassis is pretty well made, almost completely made of Metal (expect the upper and the lower bands) and feels solid, but considering its size it isn't so comfortable to be handled without the TPU Cover. Let's call it slippery.

qjxD0zzl.jpg
    NTFHXd1l.jpg
    IMBRqlZl.jpg

As already said, this is a ph-ablet so you can't expect a compact device. It is 17.45x8.90x0.96cm, with thin bezels. It weights 234g, impressive considering that there are some 5.5 inches smartphones with almost the same weight.

VJfHde4l.jpg
    TReaTHOl.jpg

7QamtVwl.jpg
    CwbUfwLl.jpg

On the front side there is the common 2.5D Curved Display and the upper front side of the device features the standard set of things: a Front-Facing Camera (GalaxyCore GC5024), an Earpiece, and the Sensors hole that includes Light, Proximity and Gesture Sensors. The Notification LED is not here, a bit disappointing.

5oGorNXl.jpg

fnoulXdl.jpg

On the lower front side there is the Touch Keys area, with Menu, Home and Back touch buttons. No Backlight is here.

foR3lU2l.jpg

On the back side there is the Unibody Metal Cover.

ZrZfqARl.jpg

The upper rear side of the device features the Camera Sensor supported by a Dual-LED Flashlight (not Dual-Tone), a Fingerprint Scanner and the DOOGEE logo.

fnoulXdl.jpg

On the lower rear side there are some Logos and Words about the Device's Certifications, nothing else. The Speaker is positioned on the lower side of the device.

foR3lU2l.jpg

Device

Screen

I have no words to describe this screen. It is just great, with almost perfect color accuracy, high brightness and excellent white balance. Well Done DOOGEE!

8ThCOjTl.jpg

Light Sensor supports smooth light changes, this is its maximum brightness.

4LuZthnl.png

Viewing Angles nearly as good as you would expect from an IPS screen, just slightly worse.

oj6xDMgl.jpg
    4PxoyM0l.jpg

Camera

Just like many Smartphone released in the Q4 2016, also this one features a Samsung 3L8 13MP sensor, with PDAF. Photos Quality is decent, the amount of noise isn't as high as i would have expected but the image detail is pretty low, noticeable if you zoom the image.

"HDR off" on the left and "HDR on" on the right. HDR photos seems to be a bit better, but the amount of noise increases too.

zdwb31Dl.jpg
    yh6Hm1Dl.jpg

XZlG55cl.jpg
    dwKhRhtl.jpg

Macro Photos look pretty good, almost impressive.

bmi4WVBl.jpg

The Dual-LED Flashlight provides enough light to help the sensor in low-light conditions.

8RLcALnl.jpg

As regards Video Recording, 1080p videos are smooth, with an high level of details and no stuttering issue.

Front Camera records sufficient photos for video-chat and occasional shots. Also, it seems to be a Wide-Angle variant.

Audio

Speaker's Quality is impressive. Even though the amount of low frequencies is low, the sound quality is great. One of the best i have ever tested as regards Sound Quality. No issues with the Earpiece, perfect while in-call and to play Whatsapp Voice Messages.

As regards the Microphone, it is calibrated for any kind of usage, everyone was able to hear me correctly. There is no Secondary Microphone for Noise Suppression though.

GPS

This is where the Y6 Max has a weird behavior. It wasn't able to lock any satellite indoors, but outdoors it worked almost perfect with an issue: the GPS Signal was not stable at all. Sometimes, from 17 satellites it drops to less than 8. I hope to see some improvements with a software update.

Indoors on the left, outdoors on the right.

17Gdkiyl.png
    ynK3mWBl.png

Telephony, Mobile Network & WiFi

DOOGEE, like some other brands, provides full european bands support, with 4G Band 20 (some other Chinese Smartphones don't have it). 4G Signal Reception doesn't seem to have any issues, stable and with decent speed.

oebGQIxl.png

3G Signal Reception is excellent, actually I never managed to get connected to the 2G Network of my Mobile Operator because there was always some 3G Signal available. (luckily there are no coverage issues here)

WiFi 5GHz is supported here, working sufficiently well with my 802.11n Dual-Band Connection. It isn't able to get full speed (100/20), but it is still a bit higher than 2.4GHz speed. Connected at 150MBps, i might have expected higher speeds.

rQvq6wzl.png

Battery Life

I have measured the real battery capacity using my USB Tester, and, unlike previous DOOGEE devices, it seems that this time the real battery capacity is higher than the declared one. (declared 4300mAh, real ~4450mAh).

fsCaaJol.jpg

This is the Geekbench Battery Test, the battery runtime is as good as you would expect from a 4300mAh battery.

https://browser.primatelabs.com/battery3/392213

WOXINJsl.png

As regards battery charging times, the 5V/2A charger is enough to provide acceptable charging times, even though a Mediatek Pump Express charger would have been preferred.

Software

This is where this device loses its quality, seriously. DOOGEE choose to use, somehow, a so-called Dido OS (based on Android 6.0). This is a completely customized OS, similar to MIUI, but with lots of UI parts taken from iOS, and some words are badly translated into English. I do not agree at all with this choice, it reduces the Device's Quality and compromises the usage of the device.

qfn33PZl.png
    TKZcst3l.png

8jJWsTLl.png
    mOGCSaxl.png

Mediatek easy-to-use Gestures are still here, together with the usual Scheduled power on & off menu.

fphQtXLl.png

This is something i do not understand, there is a Gyroscope, but there is no Magnetometer/Compass. Weird.

sdEhnrFl.png

The Fingerprint Scanner is accurate. I managed to unlock the screen almost everytime. As regards the unlock speed, it is instant.

I have two questions regarding the Gyroscope and 3D of Doogee Y6 Max 3D.
    The Gyroscope works correctly or is it a drifting inverted gyroscope? Apps for AR, VR and games play right?
    How do you rate the 3D display in comparison to products from other manufacturers?
    For example, the Eye-Tracking holographic 3D display of the Takee 1 smartphone is outstanding. Playing 3D videos is a gorgeous experience! However, it suffers from a serious Gyroscope bug.

This smartphone changed my mind for this company to the worst. I will never buy again that firm

1. Charging port broke after 25 days
    2. GPS is not working freezes after a while
    3. On speaker phone the Mic is not working the other party can not understand you
    4. Wi-Fi in some routers can not reconnect. You have to reboot the router
    5. Cameras are horrible even for cheap phone
    6. Some times while using 2 sims after a call turns both sim off and on like having the airplane mode turned on for an instance
    7. Fingerprint scanner is just a joke with more than 50% of the times missing to unlock the phone.
    8. The firmware of the phone and their version of the OS is super limited and not functional. You have to reinstall a new launcher like nova.
    9. It has not got dedicated buttons for miracast or change the SIM settings easily like lte/3g/2g you have to download other from the store.
    10.. No real firmware update support no one is responding in emails, forum etc

Now I am using it as a small tablet reading news in the wc as is the only room that is meant to be used lol

Almost the same problems with smaller y6 piano that the digitizer on the top of the screen was not registering the touch response.

This company is just a joke.