FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3 Review

204 posts
Thanks Meter: 29

By Lt_Columbo_87, Senior Member on 4th December 2014, 05:52 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I am very happy because I have a opportunity to review a really cool smartphone Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3. As you may know Gigabyte is most popular in computer world. They decided that they want bigger piece of pie in the mobile market so because of that they are working hard. And lately we can see better and better devices from Gigabyte GSmart. Stay here and see how good is Mika M3.

Design

I must admit that this device reminds me of several others devices. For example Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3 reminds me of Sony Xperia Z series. I must say also that I like this kind of design with flat surfaces. So in my opinion design is very elegant and cool and I think that most of you will like it. Talking about build quality the Mika M3 is completely made of plastic where the front side is black with small part of gray. So the back cover and edges are dark purple. About build construction there is one new thing because it has a key or button for taking photos. This is really smart move from Gigabyte. In overall the design is very cool and build quality is also high.

Display

They noticed that lately we can see that many new smartphones come with larger displays. But it is often not practical because of the size of the device. I see that many people would love to see smaller smartphones and because of that Gigabyte produced Mika M3 device which has screen with ideally size of 5 inch. This screen is IPS with HD resolution or to be precise it has a resolution of 720 x 1280 pixels. I can say that I am pleasantly surprised because display on Mika M3 is crystal clear. Believe me you will love it also because the screen is sharp and display is pleasing the eye. The only drawback is because it has no screen protection but I think for this price range there are only few devices with this kind of protection.

Performance

Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3 is mid range smartphone and it is based on Mediatek MT6582 chipset. This is quad core CPU at speed of 1.3 GHz and it has installed 1 GB of RAM with 8 GB for storage space. For storage you can update your space with microSD card up to 32 GB. For graphics operations we have Mali-400MP2 GPU. As you can see this is medium strong hardware which will be in 99.9% enough for every purpose. So you will be able to do anything you want including playing games. I have personally tried many apps and every opposition worked like a charm. So you don't need to worry about it and if you want you can see below screenshots from several benchmark tests.

Software

You may already noticed that every new smartphone and some older ones have installed or been updated to Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. So Gigabyte also follows the trend and logically Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3 comes out of box with Android 4.4.2 Kitkat. I noticed that operating system is partially customised but most is stock. The UI is very fast and fluid thanks to good optimisation. Until now I did not find any problems with OS.

Connectivity and GPS

As you may already know many Chinese devices or smartphones does not support frequency 900MHz which is very important for Europe. Because many mobile phone companies still use these frequencies in smaller places and other areas. So I can say again that Gigabyte has made a smart move because Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3 completely supports 3G network. It supports WCDMA 900/2100MHz. I have also tested the GPS with GPS test application and GPS worked as it should to work with out any help. So you don't need to do any modifications for the GPS. I am telling you this because many Chinese phones have problems with GPS but not this one.

Camera

In this price range photo quality is mostly poor. So to be honest I did not expect something special from GSmart Mika M3. But I was wrong because photo quality is really good, photos are sharp enough and colours are almost natural. I can say that I'm pleasantly surprised with Mika M3. As technical information it has 13 megapixel main camera with led flash. It has all standard functions like geo-tagging, touch focus and face detection. Also you can see below photo examples made by this device.

Battery

Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3 has Li on battery with capacity of 1900mAh according to the manufacturer. After testing I can say that with above average use it gives autonomy of one and half day. For this kind of device it is pretty good.

Pricing and conclusion

I can say that I am pleasantly surprised with Gigabyte GSmart Mika M3. Because it is very hard to find good quality smartphone in this price range. It has high build quality, elegant design and excellent screen. But I am also surprised with good quality camera and strong battery. So I think if you decide to buy this device you will be very happy with it. Price is about $190 and for more information you can visit official website.
The Following User Says Thank You to Lt_Columbo_87 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Lt_Columbo_87 Ad-Free

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)