FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Ulefone Power (Real Reviews & Discussion) 6050mAh, 5.5", Fingerprint ID, MTK6753

1,364 posts
Thanks Meter: 974

By s7yler, Senior Member on 24th January 2016, 04:54 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
Full UNBOXING video
Camera & 3D Gaming Review
Full Complete IN-DEPTH Review
In this video I show you some Ulefone Power camera samples & a video clip (1:23). I also compare some few pictures with the Samsung Galaxy S6 Edge (00:18), so you can get an idea about the quality. The original HQ pictures can be found here: http://mediafire.com/folder/96gyk9on...Camera_Samples

(1:57) Part two in the video is all about gaming on the Ulefone Power. I test 8 different light & heavy 3D games and show you how they perform on the phone. I test Real Racing 3, Need For Speed, Modern Combat 5, Asphalt 8 and others.

(12:13) Part three, I show you the AnTuTu score with AnTuTu version 6.0 and the very dimmed backlight in the touch buttons (12:20), close-up so you can see it.

More Ulefone Power videos here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah40iOtEemI (Hands-on by Gizchina)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dV5hoyhnerg (Review en Español)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MTlyqusY_s (by ITXTutor)

Known problems so far? (24/1 2016)
Asphalt 8 is only running with software rendering. So far the only 3D game that has a problem with the phone. Other games like Modern Combat 5, Real Racing 3 or Dead Trigger 2 all run fine and fast.

ROM & Updates?
There are in fact some updates out, that can't be found via OTA Wireless Update on the phone.
The updated ROMs can be found on Needrom - just search for "Ulefone Power" on Needrom. I can not link directly to them here.

And the battery?
I have run a Geekbench 3 battery test (on screen time) on the device and got 20 hours, before it died, but unfortunately Geekbench 3 didn't allow me to upload the results. So it can not be found online. But expect 3-4 days good battery life with normal usage.

The Fast Charger can charge the phone from 0-100% in 120 minutes! (I checked it) that is really good.... the charger gives 1.66A output.

Regarding the battery mAh capacity:
I have measured the battery capacity mAh, you can have a look here: (to 5958mAh with a normal charger)
http://peecee.dk/uploads/012016/POWER-S7YLER.jpg

To that you probably need to subtract a bit still, as some will be lost. But seems to be legit.
I was not able to measure the correct capacity with the included fast charger, so I measured it while it just charged via a normal 5V 1A charger.

In real life, I have used it as daily driver, and I could go 3 1/2 day before I had to put it to the charger, so expect 3-4 days battery life. Depending on the usage.

Will this phone work in my country with my carrier?
I can't answer you on that, but you can check it on these 2 sites:
http://www.willmyphonework.net
http://www.frequencycheck.com

Highlights
- 5.5 inch FullHD 1920x1080 pixels screen LTPS
- 2.5D Curved Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Wood designed backcover
- MTK6753 1.3 GHz octa core
- 6050mAh Battery Sony Li-polymer Cell
- IR Blaster
- Support Pump Express Plus Quick Charging
- CNC made full metal frame
- Smart Key for Camera & Voice Recorder
- Fingerprint Touch ID (360 degree, multifunctional)
- 3GB of RAM + 16GB Rom
- 13 MP Sony IMX214main camera + 5MP front camera OV5648
- Android 5.1 System (Should also support Android 6.0 later)
- USB On-The-Go / OTG / OTA
- Dual SIM, Dual Standby, Dual 4G LTE
- Supports 2G & 3G & 4G LTE Network
- Network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900MHz, WCDMA 900/2100MHz, FDD-LTE B1/B3/B7/B8/B20

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to s7yler For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift s7yler Ad-Free
24th January 2016, 06:46 PM |#2  
Account currently disabled
Thanks Meter: 654

Donate to Me
More
In few days i will receive. Stay tuned also on my review (italian language)
24th January 2016, 10:44 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthebest

In few days i will receive. Stay tuned also on my review (italian language)

what version are you going to review? the white, the wood or the black version?
25th January 2016, 01:51 AM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
One simple question? Is it too heavy? (Tiring to hold while talking maybe?)
25th January 2016, 02:10 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by akefaloskavalaris

One simple question? Is it too heavy? (Tiring to hold while talking maybe?)

It is 196g - so you have to determine it yourself. For me it is okay, I have also seen phones up to 250g - and that's what I call heavy
25th January 2016, 11:34 AM |#6  
Thanks Meter: 19

More
Any idea about root, or rather, if Xposed + Gravity Box will work on this device?

Also, any ideas why Ulefone chose to implement 32 bit 5.1 instead of 64 bit even though the hardware clearly supports it?

And since I ran into that issue with the Cubot X15: Do widgets and background services like Whatsapp, Gmail etc continue working even after you close the apps and free up the RAM? (Especially noticable on a reboot.)
25th January 2016, 12:29 PM |#7  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by s7yler

what version are you going to review? the white, the wood or the black version?

Black i guess... (it it will be a surprise if it's different color..
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1c

Any idea about root, or rather, if Xposed + Gravity Box will work on this device?

please wait my TWRP for modding purpose.. it's just ready, i need phone to test it..

Regarding Xposed, i don't know if it wuill work or not, this is the first thing i will check once i will have in my hand.

Regarding 32 bit OS.. it looks very strange.. never seen any MT6753 with 32Bit OS..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to megthebest For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift megthebest Ad-Free
25th January 2016, 08:44 PM |#8  
OP Senior Member

Donate to Me
More
Post #1 now updated with a full IN-DEPTH review video..... check it out
25th January 2016, 10:23 PM |#9  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
ROM?
Why are the chances of there being a BlissPop rom in the near future for the Ulefone Power.
25th January 2016, 11:18 PM |#10  

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ikbendewalrus

Why are the chances of there being a BlissPop rom in the near future for the Ulefone Power.

no chances ... Bliss work only on very common devices and mainly on Qualcomm devices with source code available in github. . Ulefone don0t have chances in this way
25th January 2016, 11:20 PM |#11  
Thanks Meter: 2

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by megthebest

no chances ... Bliss work only on very common devices and mainly on Qualcomm devices with source code available in github. . Ulefone don0t have chances in this way

So, no roms, whatsoever😐?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
power, ulefone, ulefone power, ulefone-power, ulefonepower

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)