FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

For accessability usb camera as default on phone

1 posts
Thanks Meter: 0

By Blindperson, Junior Member on 8th September 2018, 10:10 AM
Post Reply Email Thread
Hi all. Hope you can help. I am a blind person and am looking for a application or even if the stock camera of the Samsung S8 that I use can connect to a usb external camera. The applications that is available allow for picture taking and video recording, but what the problem is when I need to open for instance Be My Eyes it automatically start using my phone camera and not the usb camera. Why I need is to mount a camera on my glasses and then be able to use OCR applications that use the camera to read text or make a video call in whatsapp to a friend or family member or the Be My Eyes application that I can be assisted with the sighted person to see what is on the live stream of the camera and navigate me or tell me what products I am looking at. Application like cameraFi do not get picked up by android to make default camera application in default app managers and the phone auto go to rear camera of phone. I hope someone can point me in the correct direction or that there is a camera app out there that someone know about that can do this. For in the apk development on camera's it is available but I can not write my own program as yet to do this. Thank you and I hope I am posting in the correct area. Appoligies if not.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)