FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

BLU VIVO xi+ Discussion Thread

26 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By keweminer, Junior Member on 27th October 2018, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
Basic specs from BLU's site:
MediaTek helio P60
2.0 GHz Octo-core
Gorilla Glass 3
19:9 Aspect ratio
1080x2246 resolution
128 GB storage
6GB RAM
Micro SD up to 128GB
Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
16 mp selfie cam
Face and Finger unlock
3050 mAh battery
Wireless Charging
Android 8.1 Oreo
Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to keweminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keweminer Ad-Free
31st October 2018, 07:41 PM |#2  
polar2792's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gastonia, NC
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Seems like a nice phone. I've been thinking hard about getting a couple of these for me and the wife. But, I've got a couple concerns/questions.

Can the bootloader be unlocked? Is this even going to help, I don't expect development to be a huge scene on this phone.

Is the screens scaling really as bad as the reviews seem? The icons on the launcher are huge!! As well as most other display elements.

Does it freeze-up? Seen one video on YouTube where it just freezes up and does nothing. Went on to say he's seen several others with this problem, I can't find anything.

Besides these above points it seems like an awesome device Blu support notwithstanding. Thanks in advance for reading. Hope you enjoy your device!
The Following User Says Thank You to polar2792 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift polar2792 Ad-Free
2nd November 2018, 01:33 AM |#3  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar2792


Can the bootloader be unlocked?
I don't think so at this time.

Is the screens scaling really as bad as the reviews seem?
I don't know about any scaling issues. I have no problems with it. You can always download a different launcher.

Does it freeze-up? Seen one video on YouTube where it just freezes up and does nothing.
Mine does not freeze up.
!

I'm happy with my purchase. I paid 300 at best buy. I'm using with att. It's runs smoothly in day to day operations including gaming. Wireless charging, facial recognition, 6.2 hd + screen, and fast charging is what sold me. No NFC though.
The Following User Says Thank You to Fearsomedan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fearsomedan Ad-Free
4th November 2018, 07:20 AM |#4  
Junior Member
Flag Lillian
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
worth every penny.....,have not found anything on projects on XI+ yet
I also have the 64GB from Best Buy. I havent had any real issues with the XI+, just remember to reboot every other day. It runs really smooth and quick. I saw the video on youtube about the glich and thats about the only negivative i have seen. Lets look it at this......
$300-350 phone v.s. $900-1000 phone
Vivo XI+ stayed up with the Samsung S9 loading and use of the same apps.
i have 130 different personal apps on this phone. From browsers to art pads to launchers to photo editors to TerrariumTV. NO GLICHING. But with all of that the battery could have been a lil stronger but it has a quick charging system and all of that going it still last bout 10 hrs!
The Following User Says Thank You to KingKelley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KingKelley Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 12:27 AM |#5  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
You can also make it faster by unlocking developer options and adjusting the 3 animation settings to 0.5x.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fearsomedan For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Fearsomedan Ad-Free
5th November 2018, 11:37 PM |#6  
polar2792's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Gastonia, NC
Thanks Meter: 195
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKelley

I also have the 64GB from Best Buy. I havent had any real issues with the XI+, just remember to reboot every other day. It runs really smooth and quick. I saw the video on youtube about the glich and thats about the only negivative i have seen. Lets look it at this......
$300-350 phone v.s. $900-1000 phone
Vivo XI+ stayed up with the Samsung S9 loading and use of the same apps.
i have 130 different personal apps on this phone. From browsers to art pads to launchers to photo editors to TerrariumTV. NO GLICHING. But with all of that the battery could have been a lil stronger but it has a quick charging system and all of that going it still last bout 10 hrs!

I'm just worried about the updates beyond the one that's promised. It seems like it is an amazing phone for the price but idk about Blu's updates versus Nokia, or Motorola.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fearsomedan

You can also make it faster by unlocking developer options and adjusting the 3 animation settings to 0.5x.

I've always done this it makes it quicker, unless you've got my LG Stylo 4 it would seem. It's the Metro version with only 2GB ram. So regret getting this thing.
6th November 2018, 12:15 AM |#7  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by polar2792

I'm just worried about the updates beyond the one that's promised. It seems like it is an amazing phone for the price but idk about Blu's updates versus Nokia, or Motorola.

.

I think the general consensus for updates from Blu is that probably not. Im ok with that. It's a budget phone that will hold you down until you are ready for a flagship phone
6th November 2018, 12:24 AM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
BLU has already pushed one update to the phone.
6th November 2018, 07:53 AM |#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
I'm really enjoying the phone. I recently purchased it and had a question.

I've noticed some of the video/images were a little grainy. Not the ones I shot myself but watching Netflix and other streaming services. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there anything I can do to help it?
6th November 2018, 12:45 PM |#10  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PuroresuSan

I'm really enjoying the phone. I recently purchased it and had a question.

I've noticed some of the video/images were a little grainy. Not the ones I shot myself but watching Netflix and other streaming services. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there anything I can do to help it?

I installed Open Camera, because I like it and have used it for a while now, but it does seem to do a better job at taking pics than the default camera that comes with the phone.
7th November 2018, 02:00 AM |#11  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
[QUOTE=

I've noticed some of the video/images were a little grainy. Not the ones I shot myself but watching Netflix and other streaming services. Is anyone else experiencing this? If so, is there anything I can do to help it?[/QUOTE]



PeroresuSan
I would try a complete reset and see if the problem returns. If it does return you got a defective unit and should bring it back to the store and get your money back.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivo-xi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes