Originally Posted by Compnerd88
Ok so still don't have 8.1 back on my phone, haven't been able to get sp flash to work. Keep getting a COM Failure error or something like that. Any pointers on getting this downgrade to work for someone who's never used SP Flash?
There is a few things that need to be done.
Drivers need installed. And usually they are unsigned drivers, so need to do steps to allow windows to install in insecure manner. (Skip driver signature)
Need to set up flash tool to use da file included on the firmware, not the default one.
Need to set flash tool to use auth file from in firmware package also.
Then the basics
1. Phone needs to be off for this process, and start with it disconnected
2. After loaded flash tool with da, auth, scatter (and files listed from scatter are shown)
3. Unselected check box from preloader
4. Press download, program is waiting for phone
5. Hold (on mine it was volume down) button on phone and plug in USB
Program should see device if drivers got installed.
Xda does not like competition, so cannot post links to there site, but they have good guide videos and write ups on this.
Search YouTube "hovatek sp flash tool"
You will find this video