Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

There was no results for this build fingerprint

only ones for Xi and XL4. and the pie update for Xi+

No worries,
I think I can piece this back together,
and I will continue to share any solutions I find.

Thanks for all of the info you have shared so far.
Cheers, Rick

4th May 2019, 07:41 PM |#162  
Wilkesboro, Or.
Thanks Meter: 25

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthecabbie

No worries,
I think I can piece this back together,
and I will continue to share any solutions I find.

Thanks for all of the info you have shared so far.
Cheers, Rick

O.K. folks, we have a winner! The solution was as simple as I thought. No, really. all I had to do was find a clean copy of the Image.
BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC__T2350 was the file that made everything work. When extracted, it is called CSW1703BA_2307_T2350
Uploaded by my new hero deadman96385.
I did not use SP Tools, because I am an idiot, and could not get them to work. What I did was reload Recovery.img through ADB,
then I rebooted to recovery. Somehow my unlocked bootloader stayed with me, thankfully, Then again from ADB I flashed boot.
Again, reboot to recovery, and flash both System, and Vendor from ADB and reboot to recovery.
For my final trick, I went a little crazy and did a wipe and factory reset, and reboot.
Wifi, back on.
Bluetooth, back on.
Battery indicator, no longer stuck at 1% and throwing constant alerts.
Bluetooth Sharing , no longer crashing every 2 seconds.

I think I will wait a little while to root this bugger again.
Thanks for all the help, and like I said, hopefully this will help someone else suffering from a bad flash.

P.S. and here is the real news My second SIM is alive again, so this has worked to DOWNGRADE back to the pre Verizon update.
Yeah, this build is dated 27/10/2018, so I guess the Best Buy phones can be made to work with GSM networks, however, I did not flash the radio, so, you might want to do that as well if you are shooting for T-Mobile or some such.

Good luck guys.
Rick
9th May 2019, 02:44 AM |#163  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickthecabbie

O.K. folks, we have a winner! The solution was as simple as I thought. No, really. all I had to do was find a clean copy of the Image.
BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC__T2350 was the file that made everything work. When extracted, it is called CSW1703BA_2307_T2350
Uploaded by my new hero deadman96385.
I did not use SP Tools, because I am an idiot, and could not get them to work. What I did was reload Recovery.img through ADB,
then I rebooted to recovery. Somehow my unlocked bootloader stayed with me, thankfully, Then again from ADB I flashed boot.
Again, reboot to recovery, and flash both System, and Vendor from ADB and reboot to recovery.
For my final trick, I went a little crazy and did a wipe and factory reset, and reboot.
Wifi, back on.
Bluetooth, back on.
Battery indicator, no longer stuck at 1% and throwing constant alerts.
Bluetooth Sharing , no longer crashing every 2 seconds.

I think I will wait a little while to root this bugger again.
Thanks for all the help, and like I said, hopefully this will help someone else suffering from a bad flash.

P.S. and here is the real news My second SIM is alive again, so this has worked to DOWNGRADE back to the pre Verizon update.
Yeah, this build is dated 27/10/2018, so I guess the Best Buy phones can be made to work with GSM networks, however, I did not flash the radio, so, you might want to do that as well if you are shooting for T-Mobile or some such.

Good luck guys.
Rick

Best bet is not upload that first update I'd u have to go ahead and update to 9.0
14th May 2019, 11:08 AM |#164  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Does anyone have a copy of the apn-config.xml for the xI plus on 8.1? I want to compare to the pie one. From what I see there is absolutely nothing about vzw in it. I've got lte but no call or text.
15th May 2019, 04:43 PM |#165  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweminer

I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
Basic specs from BLU's site:
MediaTek helio P60
2.0 GHz Octo-core
Gorilla Glass 3
19:9 Aspect ratio
1080x2246 resolution
128 GB storage
6GB RAM
Micro SD up to 128GB
Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
16 mp selfie cam
Face and Finger unlock
3050 mAh battery
Wireless Charging
Android 8.1 Oreo
Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed

Hi I'm so happy to find a thread for Blu vivo xi+ it's a wonderful phone, I have issues with the Ring out it just goes silent on it's own after sometime and calls will come in but I won't know because it stops ringing out until I restart it. Also I was sent the beta Android 9 - pie but I'm afraid to download it because I don't know what to expect
21st May 2019, 07:38 PM |#166  
Flag Louisville
Thanks Meter: 29

More
Has anyone had any luck with updating to pie and still being able to use VZW? they got a new prepaid plan im thinking of switching to.
Today, 06:18 AM |#167  
Flag NYC
Thanks Meter: 178

More
Question Questions before purchase
Hey all, I'm considering the Blu Vivo xi+ but after reading through this thread, I'm pretty confused. Hopefully you guys can answer some questions for me.

1) Is there a definitive list of the different version of this phone? The one I am looking at buying is here Blu Vivo xi+
and the model # is V0311WW (but the link has it as V0310WW). Is this the 'Verizon' one that loses a sim slot with the update? Also, is that price ($280) a good deal?

2) What's the deal with the Android 9 update? I see that they have a beta program signup link. Does everyone who signs up get into the program or is it limited to only a few testers? And how long does it take for them to grant you access to the update?

3) Are there any consensus issues that most people are having? I heard about some phone freezing/rebooting, but it was only from a a couple of reviews.

Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivo-xi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)