By keweminer, Junior Member on 27th October 2018, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
8th February 2020, 09:40 AM |#211  
Thanks Meter: 4

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcohen

THANK YOU VERY MUCH!

Flashed this from Recovery and it updated my V0310WW from Pie Beta to Pie Official, Oct 5 2019 patch level - BLU_V0310WW_V9.0.04.09_GENERIC

Again, thank you very much.

That's good news! Makes me glad I took the time to TWRP the phone and root it, then install the root file manager and find the OTA file, then upload it. It was my first time doing that!

Also glad to hear people can use this to get out of the Beta mode and into the final version. Since apparently it doesn't let you OTA the update, kind of weird.

I made a TWRP backup of my phone before I did that, too. It had Oreo on it then.

This phone is fairly doable when it comes to firmware.
11th February 2020, 03:23 AM |#212  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabiscure

Here is Android Pie for the Vivo XI+
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bi...hzxuxqK7H/view

How did you apply this update?
Mine still on the beta one.
11th February 2020, 05:04 AM |#213  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by elcio.jr

How did you apply this update?
Mine still on the beta one.

Copied it onto a microSD card, booted the BLU into recovery mode and apply patch or update from SD.
The Following User Says Thank You to fcohen For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift fcohen Ad-Free
11th February 2020, 05:26 PM |#214  
Thanks Meter: 16

More
I did the micro sd recovery mode upgrade too from oreo, no issues there, smooth transition with locked bootloader.
The Following User Says Thank You to NetoSenpai For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift NetoSenpai Ad-Free
12th February 2020, 07:29 AM |#215  

More
Any good custom roms or customization apps? What about LineageOS, anyone tried it?

I'm pretty happy with Android 9 on this device but it's always fun to explore the limitations a little bit. If I use TWRP or another custom recovery, that would help protect against if something goes wrong with lineage OS, I suppose?

---------- Post added at 07:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 AM ----------

TWRP Backup of the stock Oreo ROM for Vivo XI+ Plus (dual sim) in case you want to get back to stock for some reason. You need to install the TWRP first though to use this.
TWRP for VIVO XI+: https://unofficialtwrp.com/blu-vivo-xi-plus-root/

TWRP Backup of Stock Oreo for VIVO XI+
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1bs...WpSR6xRVuxPfKH
13th February 2020, 08:54 PM |#216  

More
someone help me to root and twrp on blu vivo xi + android 9.0 I had in version 8.1 af
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweminer

I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
Basic specs from BLU's site:
MediaTek helio P60
2.0 GHz Octo-core
Gorilla Glass 3
19:9 Aspect ratio
1080x2246 resolution
128 GB storage
6GB RAM
Micro SD up to 128GB
Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
16 mp selfie cam
Face and Finger unlock
3050 mAh battery
Wireless Charging
Android 8.1 Oreo
Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed

someone help me to root and twrp on blu vivo xi + android 9.0
I had in version 8.1 after the update that I couldn't blink
14th February 2020, 05:37 AM |#217  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by TekinfiMt

someone help me to root and twrp on blu vivo xi + android 9.0
I had in version 8.1 after the update that I couldn't blink

You do not need to TWRP, you can just use this update file, copy to the microsd card and update via recovery mode.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1T-...xP6boNUA9dUr2Q

But if you want to TWRP, here is the link and the instructions. All the directions are here and everything you need is also:
https://unofficialtwrp.com/blu-vivo-xi-plus-root/

What are you expecting someone else to do to help you???
15th February 2020, 10:14 PM |#218  

More
Who has the Verizon firmware? What if I have the GSM version and want to convert to Verizon capability? Can anyone post a link to the Verizon firmware? Or how about a TWRP backup of that for me?

It would be nice to be able to flash back and forth at will, of course being GSM and Verizon capable at the same time with dual sim capability would be even better!

PS I have unlocked bootloader and I was able to OTA to 9 just fine. Some said if you unlock the bootloader it won't OTA, but mine did. They ma have changed it somehow not sure.
19th February 2020, 02:43 PM |#219  

More
I'm looking to turn on the proper CDMA bands for total wireless. So I assume I need a Verizon ROM?. Right now I am rooted with Oreo but the phone will only work as GSM. Total Wireless only supports CDMA. I can flash and backup any or all of the partitions with SP Flash tool with no problem. I was so focused on flashing it I failed to learn to back it up first. Then I flashed it and thought I had it made. But lost my Verizon Connectivity. I did do a Maui Meta NVRAM Backup. But Restoring it did not seem to work. Any Ideas?
19th February 2020, 07:43 PM |#220  
Thanks Meter: 3

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by cannabiscure

Who has the Verizon firmware? What if I have the GSM version and want to convert to Verizon capability? Can anyone post a link to the Verizon firmware? Or how about a TWRP backup of that for me?

It would be nice to be able to flash back and forth at will, of course being GSM and Verizon capable at the same time with dual sim capability would be even better!

PS I have unlocked bootloader and I was able to OTA to 9 just fine. Some said if you unlock the bootloader it won't OTA, but mine did. They ma have changed it somehow not sure.

Never made a backup of the Verizon firmware, never wanted it in the first place. Only link I saw is here https://bluproducts.com/support/verizon.pdf

Apparently, BLU seems to do updates via IMEI - and it feels like a one-shot thing.

For example, I had the BestBuy dual IMEI model, which was a Verizon model that came with 8.04.04 (dual sim) - then December 2018 came around, it got "upgraded" to one-sim verizon. I then used the pie-beta to get back to dual-sim/no verizon.

When I used the roms floating in this thread to downgrade back to "stock" 8.04.04, I never received any OTA updates at all. Expected at least the December 2018 security patch, but nada. Contacted BLU and they said a pie upgrade will be coming in the future for Verizon phones.

It wasn't until you posted the official pie upgrade that got me a rom upgrade!

Unfortunately, a few days of enjoying official pie, my bloated battery caught fire spectacularly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivo-xi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)