BLU VIVO xi+ Discussion Thread

19 posts
Thanks Meter: 4

By keweminer, Junior Member on 27th October 2018, 01:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
5th December 2018, 04:36 AM |#21  
Thanks Meter: 6

More
Yeah I stupidly just installed mine day one thinking a root solution would be laying about, if only I had of taken a breath lol

5th December 2018, 12:17 PM |#22  
Thanks Meter: 62

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychofad

Yeah I stupidly just installed mine day one thinking a root solution would be laying about, if only I had of taken a breath lol

I did that with my Samsung tablet I got it if I would have waited I could have rooted it easier but I did figure out how to root a couple days later so don't be hard on yourself it'll happen your phone is supposed to get pie so don't install it grap the zip maybe we root that. I've never updated my devices again with ota I always wait to see what happens then I usually hear nothing good came from the update except more security and no root so I've learned updates aren't usually good.
6th December 2018, 03:35 PM |#23  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 4,560

More
Just got this phone yesterday. So where can I load up TWRP and custom roms????
6th December 2018, 03:55 PM |#24  
Flag Lillian

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicroMod777

Just got this phone yesterday. So where can I load up TWRP and custom roms????

Hate to say this but as if right now everythings is i the works. Last I read TWRP could be at any time. I havent even a site for Stock ROM to dowmload.

Sent from my BLU Vivo XI+ using XDA Labs
The Following User Says Thank You to KingKelley For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift KingKelley Ad-Free
6th December 2018, 10:29 PM |#25  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingKelley

Hate to say this but as if right now everythings is i the works. Last I read TWRP could be at any time. I havent even a site for Stock ROM to dowmload.

Hope we get it soon.

BTW, anybody know how to turn on the AOD (Always On Display)?
6th December 2018, 10:50 PM |#26  
Flag Lillian

More
Quote:

Hope we get it soon.

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:49 PM ----------

[/COLOR]
Quote:

Hope we get it soon.

i use StayAwake in the developer's menu

6th December 2018, 10:55 PM |#27  

More
Quote:

Hope we get it soon.

Hey boss if the update hits your phone download it but don't install it yet. We need to find a way to get the zip and pull the boot img. If you use es file explorer find the zip and extract the boot.img or get the whole zip on to pc or cloud and link. We can patch boot and get magisk. Then if we also have recovery we can try to Port twrp from stock. We can't do it without the firmware.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techguy777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Techguy777 Ad-Free
7th December 2018, 03:16 AM |#28  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Techguy777

Hey boss if the update hits your phone download it but don't install it yet. We need to find a way to get the zip and pull the boot img. If you use es file explorer find the zip and extract the boot.img or get the whole zip on to pc or cloud and link. We can patch boot and get magisk. Then if we also have recovery we can try to Port twrp from stock. We can't do it without the firmware.

Well, wish I could as I did the update after I unboxed it yesterday. If I would of read this thread before hand, I would of. ((

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk
7th December 2018, 09:54 AM |#29  

More
Quote:

Well, wish I could as I did the update after I unboxed it yesterday. If I would of read this thread before hand, I would of. ((

I Know everyone jumps on to the update the second it hits like it's going to be a new Android when really it's a security patch update that does nothing you'll notice or need. Along with maybe a couple bugs fixed at least in this case you guys got camera fixes and stuff.

---------- Post added at 10:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:52 AM ----------

If anyone buys this phone and reads this before updating download firmware and try to pull it off to your PC. When you think about it even if you don't want to root it's still better to have a stock rom on hand for problems in the future.
8th December 2018, 07:05 AM |#30  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Los Angeles

More
Well, just ordered the 128gb version from Walmart online with their extra 3 year warranty that was only $34. I currently have the 64gb from Best Buy I'll be returning next week when the phone gets here.

This time I'll try to get the update.zip!!! )

Sent from my Vivo XI+ using Tapatalk
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MicroMod777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift MicroMod777 Ad-Free
8th December 2018, 04:30 PM |#31  

More
Quote:

Well, just ordered the 128gb version from Walmart online with their extra 3 year warranty that was only $34. I currently have the 64gb from Best Buy I'll be returning next week when the phone gets here.

This time I'll try to get the update.zip!!! )

Awesome but I got an email from someone last night that was able to pull the firmware update zip I'm going to wait for them to announce it or see if they get root before I say who. If it was me I'd post it for everyone else and then maybe everyone could try to root it and something would happen faster.
The Following User Says Thank You to Techguy777 For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Techguy777 Ad-Free
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivo-xi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)