Thanks Meter: 6

By keweminer, Junior Member on 27th October 2018, 02:24 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
28th December 2018, 12:15 PM |#71  
Thanks Meter: 1,230

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuantranpro

Still cannot work, the phone hang on logo more than 20 minutes and nothing happen

Sorry,
before I go into some list of try this, try that stuff. Lets start with a simple question to you. Was your phone working before you flashed that stock backup?

If you can boot to boot menu, (hold volume up while turning on)

First try to boot recovery and do a reset.
If that does not help do these things:

Then -open to fastboot
- flash twrp
- boot to menu again
- open recovery
- flash magisk

If cannot get to boot menu.

- use sp flash tool
- flash patched boot.img
1st January 2019, 04:35 PM |#72  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
SIM Slot 2 Gone
Hi everyone. I've got a Blu Vivo Xi+ and received an OTA for a security patch dated December 5th (got the OTA push last night though). After updating (system update via settings - my wife just clicked it and didn't ask if she should first), it looks like it has completely removed sim slot 2 from every menu. I have two of these phones and on the one that I did not get the update from when I go to settings it shows 2 sim slots with 2 different IMEI numbers, on the one that DID get the update it now only shows sim slot 1 and IMEI 1. I can only use sim slot 2 (my sim card is tiny and only fits in slot 2, sim slot 1 is for the larger sim cards). Has anyone else had this problem or have any clue where I should start looking for a fix?

Android Security patch level - Dec 5th 2018
Baseband MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V22.1 2018/12/03 16:13
Kernel version 4.4.95
build number O11019
Customer Build version BLU_V0300VV_V8.1.05.05_GENERIC 03-12-2018 22:13
Hardware version P3.2

I'm new to the phone but not new to rooting and installing twrp and things like that. If anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them with no issue. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is just let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks in advance.
The Following User Says Thank You to trevorsmailbox For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift trevorsmailbox Ad-Free
2nd January 2019, 12:18 AM |#73  
OP Junior Member

More
I think this is a great place to post info on our phone. I started the thread, so I'm biased
The Following User Says Thank You to keweminer For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift keweminer Ad-Free
2nd January 2019, 10:09 AM |#74  
Thanks Meter: 18

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmazak

Sorry,
before I go into some list of try this, try that stuff. Lets start with a simple question to you. Was your phone working before you flashed that stock backup?

If you can boot to boot menu, (hold volume up while turning on)

First try to boot recovery and do a reset.
If that does not help do these things:

Then -open to fastboot
- flash twrp
- boot to menu again
- open recovery
- flash magisk

If cannot get to boot menu.

- use sp flash tool
- flash patched boot.img

I have follow your guide but nothing happen, maybe it need certificate file from BLU so that it can reflash the sw, using the backup one cannot flash back.
2nd January 2019, 12:20 PM |#75  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuantranpro

I have follow your guide but nothing happen, maybe it need certificate file from BLU so that it can reflash the sw, using the backup one cannot flash back.

1. Can you get to fastboot mode?
If yes, try reset(wipe) from there.
fastboot -w

2. Can you get to recovery mode?
If yes, did you do factory reset?

EDIT:

I just went back to your original post with photo of flashing. I see you have changed the default flash from recommended "download only" to "format all + download". This was a very bad mistake. You may have very much trouble getting your phone to work again. All the help threads I have come across seriously warn against using format on ANY device that had secure boot layout. (99.99% of all new devices have, afaik).
Your friend who shared the auth file hopefully can help again.
3rd January 2019, 02:19 AM |#76  
Flag Gastonia, NC
Thanks Meter: 195

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by trevorsmailbox

Hi everyone. I've got a Blu Vivo Xi+ and received an OTA for a security patch dated December 5th (got the OTA push last night though). After updating (system update via settings - my wife just clicked it and didn't ask if she should first), it looks like it has completely removed sim slot 2 from every menu. I have two of these phones and on the one that I did not get the update from when I go to settings it shows 2 sim slots with 2 different IMEI numbers, on the one that DID get the update it now only shows sim slot 1 and IMEI 1. I can only use sim slot 2 (my sim card is tiny and only fits in slot 2, sim slot 1 is for the larger sim cards). Has anyone else had this problem or have any clue where I should start looking for a fix?

Android Security patch level - Dec 5th 2018
Baseband MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V22.1 2018/12/03 16:13
Kernel version 4.4.95
build number O11019
Customer Build version BLU_V0300VV_V8.1.05.05_GENERIC 03-12-2018 22:13
Hardware version P3.2

I'm new to the phone but not new to rooting and installing twrp and things like that. If anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them with no issue. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is just let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing this update now on my wife's phone. And it asked if she wanted to download it. It also explained that it is now eligible for Verizon service, and that the 2nd sim slot will no longer work. It's been there for 2 days and I've told her to not let perform the update.

We are in the US and use Metro as our carrier, so I'm going to go get her a new sim (the bigger one, hers is small) and do the update. You just need a new sim is all so you can use the other slot.
3rd January 2019, 05:02 PM |#77  
OP Junior Member

More
I wonder why they'd get rid of the second Sim, it was one of the reasons I went with this phone. I have yet to see this update. Also, I use Cricket and went in and asked if they had any of the adapters (usually the part that's left over when you pop the nano out of the micro SIM card) and they just gave it to me.
4th January 2019, 07:50 PM |#78  
Thanks Meter: 1

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by keweminer

I wonder why they'd get rid of the second Sim, it was one of the reasons I went with this phone. I have yet to see this update. Also, I use Cricket and went in and asked if they had any of the adapters (usually the part that's left over when you pop the nano out of the micro SIM card) and they just gave it to me.

Blu added Verizon support, looks like they may have accidentally done some firmware pushes to non verizon users. I can't post an outside link but if you head to the main blu page, there is a pdf explaining the vzw firmware disables the second sim.

I'd contact support maybe they can push a non verizon build out.
The Following User Says Thank You to Dpgx For This Useful Post: [ View ] Gift Dpgx Ad-Free
7th January 2019, 09:47 PM |#79  
Flag Spring Hill
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Help please
Hey guys don't even know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I followed the rooting guide to a t, I can't seem to get it to force encrypt it every time I've tried to flash "remove_encryption" it it says error zip not installed, can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong please?
8th January 2019, 01:05 AM |#80  

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Justin40785

Hey guys don't even know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I followed the rooting guide to a t, I can't seem to get it to force encrypt it every time I've tried to flash "remove_encryption" it it says error zip not installed, can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong please?

Screenshot of error, recovery log, something please.

Also which zip?

Did you try the universal force enc patch?
https://forum.xda-developers.com/and...crypt-t3817389
8th January 2019, 02:10 AM |#81  
Flag Spring Hill
Thanks Meter: 0

More
I tried uploading pics but it keeps saying bad request, and it won't let me send links through Google drive, I used "remove _encryption_71" and Disable _Dm-Verity_ ForceEncrypt_12.16.2018

---------- Post added at 02:10 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:02 AM ----------

And it says no digest file found ,failed to map file.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
vivo-xi

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)