BLU VIVO xi+ Discussion Thread

Search This thread

psychofad

Jul 25, 2013

Ok, so I am not sure how to validate this as the actual code for the kernel, but assuming it is, don't we need additional info (source code) to compile this to make it useful? Not trying to be sarcastic, I truly am interested to find out and a lot of the info out on google assumes that some magical fairy being has already rooted and made twrp for everyones phone before they jump into the how-to's, which, honestly is annoying to say the very least. How about a how-to for the truly locked out, assume nothing, from the start, unlocked bootloader - check, ok, now what...what things should I being looking for to discover a path into my phone without using a magical one click root. Personally, I have started by noting which files are not locked down, what information I can glean from looking at the update files with a hex editor. Perhaps I can then build a twrp from source with said info, just an idea. Any devs out there got any tips for a beginner? I will say, reading over source code endlessly since I got this phone has made it start to make sort of sense and its getting easier to follow, been a while since I coded anything and that was on a TI-99A/4a when I was a kid, ah basic programming, so easy.

Reactions: Techguy777

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Ok, so I am not sure how to validate this as the actual code for the kernel, but assuming it is, don't we need additional info (source code) to compile this to make it useful? Not trying to be sarcastic, I truly am interested to find out and a lot of the info out on google assumes that some magical fairy being has already rooted and made twrp for everyones phone before they jump into the how-to's, which, honestly is annoying to say the very least. How about a how-to for the truly locked out, assume nothing, from the start, unlocked bootloader - check, ok, now what...what things should I being looking for to discover a path into my phone without using a magical one click root. Personally, I have started by noting which files are not locked down, what information I can glean from looking at the update files with a hex editor. Perhaps I can then build a twrp from source with said info, just an idea. Any devs out there got any tips for a beginner? I will say, reading over source code endlessly since I got this phone has made it start to make sort of sense and its getting easier to follow, been a while since I coded anything and that was on a TI-99A/4a when I was a kid, ah basic programming, so easy.

Well in the attached pdf you will see the instructions to download the source directly from Blu if you would like to.

And we appear to still be missing something here. I have built the kernel and put it into generic ported twp but still it fails to boot. (this method has work on many other devices)

Sorry this might have been in wrong thread. These are the sources for VIVO Xi NOT Xi+

Techguy777

May 24, 2018
Samsung Galaxy S10 Lite
Xiaomi Poco F3

I feel you its always the same thing once you have root and twrp installed then you can do the things that you need to be able to do to get root and twrp. Lol its crazy it makes my head hurt. Same with backup your system before installing twrp? Its like what the ?.

---------- Post added at 09:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:02 PM ----------

Well in the attached pdf you will see the instructions to download the source directly from Blu if you would like to.

And we appear to still be missing something here. I have built the kernel and put it into generic ported twp but still it fails to boot. (this method has work on many other devices)

Sorry this might have been in wrong thread. These are the sources for VIVO Xi NOT Xi+

I have heard that oem are giving out encrypted source codes to follow the rules but at the same time its not good for anything. I also have heard other devs say oem are giving out fake sources codes that dont boot like Samsung Galaxy smt350 tablet kernel for nougat ashyx cant get it to boot.

Edit obviously they didn't lock it down for nothing it sucks they do that. Reminds me off apple.

psychofad

Jul 25, 2013

Sorry if I sounded a bit skeptical, but I had not seen you other posts in the non plus thread before I posted, so it looked like *Poof* magical source code deposit lol. Looks pretty legit, I am sure other would still like to get their hands on source from the older Blu phones that are listed there as it seems to be all of them. Maybe consider creating a new thread with that link to the pdf with a title like Blu Kernel Source Code FTP Site if you haven't already and maybe we get some feedback on what is/is not working out of the box? Maybe someone can shed some light on what may be missing to compile our Kernel? Just a few thoughts, thanks for the contribution!

Edit: I am fairly certain that the differences between the XI and XI+ are not that much as far as software goes, from what I have noticed from what info is out there for the two phones so far.

Last edited:

psychofad

Jul 25, 2013
Just a side note, I noticed we have the recovery-from-boot.p file on our phones, so from what I have read this will prevent permanent flashing of recovery until the file is renamed or removed. Not sure how this would affect fastboot boot recover.img if at all but thought I would share what I found from casual filesystem browsing using X-plore app (lets you have some access to root folders without root but limited)

tuantranpro

Apr 7, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am Thanh from Vietnam
My friend in mobiistar provide me flashtool for mobiistar X, Blu Vivo XI clone, hope everyone can use this flashtool for backup Blu Vivo XI+ sw, it also have auth inside SignDA folder.
Please download SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1812.00.000 I attached on link below
https://we.tl/t-AhQDCrnoK1

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Hi everyone,

I am Thanh from Vietnam
My friend in mobiistar provide me flashtool for mobiistar X, Blu Vivo XI clone, hope everyone can use this flashtool for backup Blu Vivo XI+ sw, it also have auth inside SignDA folder.
Please download SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1812.00.000 I attached on link below

YES!!!!!!

this worked.

Thank you
details to come if needed

Last edited:

KingKelley

Account currently disabled
Aug 8, 2018
GB
meettomy.site
This was shared to BLU Development Team on Google +. If this works (or if it doesnt) a BIG THANKS TO PsychoFab!!

1st off, I AM NOT A DEVELOPER OR GUIDE! I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR DEVICE IF ANYTHING GOES WRONG! YOU ARE ENTERING AT YOUR OWN RISK!! IF YOU HAVE A CLUE AND YOU KNOW WHATS GOING ON PLEASE HELP THOSE WHO DONT AND REMEMBER NOT ALL HAVE THE KNOWLEDGE OF DEVELOPMENTS, ROOTING, OR ANYTHING OUTSIDE THE SPECTRUM!!! Thanks

BOOT AND RECOVERY IMAGES POSTED:
https://desktop.firmware.mobi/device:2011/firmware:18848

Downloadables:

Boot image: .IMG / .ZIP
Recovery image: .IMG / .ZIP
Boot + Recovery Images: .ZIP

CF-Auto-Root

If URL Link is not working you can also use these for downloads:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1bJ92hctNEZqLSVBllxyA0TwViGow7efy/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YKZ2JBswdfZmSC_S9G6uq_jdzw8Ep4Qc/view?usp=drivesdk

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1YO_XaMg5M1RIgAUVyDG-RkdrWmykA4vD/view?usp=drivesdk

Attachments

• alphabet-old-english-letter-clipart__u15382111.jpg
    alphabet-old-english-letter-clipart__u15382111.jpg
    10.4 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:
Reactions: keweminer

psychofad

Jul 25, 2013
yeah no problem lol, but really was a group effort and this is one of the three threads we collaborated on to get this far, I have zipped up my stock Rom and uploaded it to my Gdrive, Mr Mazak will be pulling a copy and hosting on his android file host account as I am sure the Gdrive isn't designed for long term sharing of this type of file. feel free to grab a copy, this is for the Blu Vivo XI+ (I have the 6Gb/128Gb version but it should be the same firmware as the Best Buy edition with less ram and space).

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1cFbnJtlviiApoQ36gcErAJ8nzBvP0pi5

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Also @hanuma posted TWRP for our device https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78498431&postcount=95 I haven't tested it yet, but he made the one for Mr Mazak so I expect it will work as intended, as always, flash with caution, and download the stock rom in case anything goes south!;)

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Oh and before I forget, DM-Verity will overwrite recovery every time until it is disabled, so Magisk Root first, disable DM-Verity, then flash recovery to save yourself the headache of it all.

tuantranpro

Apr 7, 2013
yeah no problem lol, but really was a group effort and this is one of the three threads we collaborated on to get this far, I have zipped up my stock Rom and uploaded it to my Gdrive, Mr Mazak will be pulling a copy and hosting on his android file host account as I am sure the Gdrive isn't designed for long term sharing of this type of file. feel free to grab a copy, this is for the Blu Vivo XI+ (I have the 6Gb/128Gb version but it should be the same firmware as the Best Buy edition with less ram and space).

---------- Post added at 02:18 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:10 AM ----------

Also @hanuma posted TWRP for our device https://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=78498431&postcount=95 I haven't tested it yet, but he made the one for Mr Mazak so I expect it will work as intended, as always, flash with caution, and download the stock rom in case anything goes south!;)

---------- Post added at 02:21 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:18 AM ----------

Oh and before I forget, DM-Verity will overwrite recovery every time until it is disabled, so Magisk Root first, disable DM-Verity, then flash recovery to save yourself the headache of it all.

Can not open with SPFlashtool, the screen show this?

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 177

hanuma

Apr 7, 2013
Yaroslavl
TWRP 3.2.3
Patched Boot
Firmware BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC

Download

Install TWRP:
1. Copy to Micro SDCard the file "Magisk-v18.zip"/ "remove_encryption.zip"
2. Flash the "recovery.img"
3. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "Magisk-v18.zip"
4. Install "remove_encryption"
5. "Format Data"
6. Reboot to the System

Last edited:

psychofad

Jul 25, 2013
Can not open with SPFlashtool, the screen show this?

Yeah did not realize my scatter was broken, I have only been using Fastboot since I put root on here, but check out hanuma's post, it has a valid scatter and well, everything really, TWRP, pre-magisked boot, and all the files you need to make it work! Thanks hanuma for taking the time to put this all together in one place for us, you rock!:laugh::highfive::cool:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD

Link copied.

https://androidfilehost.com/?w=files&flid=287703

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
    Basic specs from BLU's site:
    MediaTek helio P60
    2.0 GHz Octo-core
    Gorilla Glass 3
    19:9 Aspect ratio
    1080x2246 resolution
    128 GB storage
    6GB RAM
    Micro SD up to 128GB
    Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
    16 mp selfie cam
    Face and Finger unlock
    3050 mAh battery
    Wireless Charging
    Android 8.1 Oreo
    Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed
    Here is Android Pie for the Vivo XI+ GSM Version, NOT for Verizon because it would turn the phone into a GSM phone I think, which would mean it would work with AT&T, t-mobile but not Verizon.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bi9pZcbUnFHYrU8V1vq6VMhzxuxqK7H/view
    TWRP 3.2.3
    Patched Boot
    Firmware BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC

Download

Install TWRP:
    1. Copy to Micro SDCard the file "Magisk-v18.zip"/ "remove_encryption.zip"
    2. Flash the "recovery.img"
    3. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "Magisk-v18.zip"
    4. Install "remove_encryption"
    5. "Format Data"
    6. Reboot to the System
    Blu has responded to me. Your vivo xi kernel source s are uploaded.
    Hi everyone,

I am Thanh from Vietnam