Yaroslavl

Attachments

• WWWWW.png
    WWWWW.png
    162.8 KB · Views: 453
Last edited:

psychofad

Jul 25, 2013
yeah, not sure how he came up with all the img files, I used the same software and had those files, some of them are .bin, some have no extension, my scatter file is not correct tho, was unclear on the instructions on how it was finally generated and must have done something incorrectly ( I was very sleepy), I would really like to know the method used though to get such a pretty collection of img files and after he posted these files, I just didn't bother fixing my scatter yet because I need some direction in that I think.

Also not sure if the difference could be between 64Gb and 128Gb models, I have 128Gb

And where do you get the APDB files that he has?

I am all ears to anyone that is willing to help me learn, if it is a mistake on my end, where did I go wrong? So far I can tell you my boot image does in fact work as I have rooted it (well before his was posted) and I have extracted the system.img in one of the rom kitchen packs to toy around with some rom porting. Thanks

tuantranpro

Apr 7, 2013
TWRP 3.2.3
Patched Boot
Firmware BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC

Download

Install TWRP:
1. Copy to Micro SDCard the file "Magisk-v18.zip"/ "remove_encryption.zip"
2. Flash the "recovery.img"
3. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "Magisk-v18.zip"
4. Install "remove_encryption"
5. "Format Data"
6. Reboot to the System
The flashtool have issue like this when flash, how to solve?

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
U mean it need to unlock bootloader before flash?

Yes, I did it two times(2 ways)

Code:
fastboot oem unlock
fastboot flashing unlock

and flashing all images, especially if not needed, is generally not good idea.

If bricked or something is different situation.
As most repair guides, suggest to not flash preloader. It offten leads to loosing IMEI

Last edited:

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I have tried many times, the flashtool show error after flash md1img like photo below, if no flash this one, the phone hang on logo.

How long does it hang?
It might be trying to redo encryption, that takes few minutes.

Also can you boot holding volume up, to get to boot menu. Select fastboot, try unlock again

Those are modem file.

md1img, md1dsp,md1arm7, md3img
For Android M, MD image have switched to MD standalone partition, all Modem images will be load from the partition: md1img, md1dsp, md1arm7 and md3img

Taken from

http://bbs.16rd.com/thread-271262-1-2.html

Last edited:

tuantranpro

Apr 7, 2013
These are different firmware!!!

How long does it hang?
It might be trying to redo encryption, that takes few minutes.

Also can you boot holding volume up, to get to boot menu. Select fastboot, try unlock again

Those are modem file.

md1img, md1dsp,md1arm7, md3img
For Android M, MD image have switched to MD standalone partition, all Modem images will be load from the partition: md1img, md1dsp, md1arm7 and md3img

Taken from

http://bbs.16rd.com/thread-271262-1-2.html

Still cannot work, the phone hang on logo more than 20 minutes and nothing happen

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Still cannot work, the phone hang on logo more than 20 minutes and nothing happen

Sorry,
before I go into some list of try this, try that stuff. Lets start with a simple question to you. Was your phone working before you flashed that stock backup?

If you can boot to boot menu, (hold volume up while turning on)

First try to boot recovery and do a reset.
If that does not help do these things:

Then -open to fastboot
- flash twrp
- boot to menu again
- open recovery
- flash magisk

If cannot get to boot menu.

- use sp flash tool
- flash patched boot.img

Last edited:

trevorsmailbox

Oct 8, 2010
SIM Slot 2 Gone

Hi everyone. I've got a Blu Vivo Xi+ and received an OTA for a security patch dated December 5th (got the OTA push last night though). After updating (system update via settings - my wife just clicked it and didn't ask if she should first), it looks like it has completely removed sim slot 2 from every menu. I have two of these phones and on the one that I did not get the update from when I go to settings it shows 2 sim slots with 2 different IMEI numbers, on the one that DID get the update it now only shows sim slot 1 and IMEI 1. I can only use sim slot 2 (my sim card is tiny and only fits in slot 2, sim slot 1 is for the larger sim cards). Has anyone else had this problem or have any clue where I should start looking for a fix?

Android Security patch level - Dec 5th 2018
Baseband MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V22.1 2018/12/03 16:13
Kernel version 4.4.95
build number O11019
Customer Build version BLU_V0300VV_V8.1.05.05_GENERIC 03-12-2018 22:13
Hardware version P3.2

I'm new to the phone but not new to rooting and installing twrp and things like that. If anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them with no issue. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is just let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingKelley

tuantranpro

Apr 7, 2013
Sorry,
before I go into some list of try this, try that stuff. Lets start with a simple question to you. Was your phone working before you flashed that stock backup?

If you can boot to boot menu, (hold volume up while turning on)

First try to boot recovery and do a reset.
If that does not help do these things:

Then -open to fastboot
- flash twrp
- boot to menu again
- open recovery
- flash magisk

If cannot get to boot menu.

- use sp flash tool
- flash patched boot.img

I have follow your guide but nothing happen, maybe it need certificate file from BLU so that it can reflash the sw, using the backup one cannot flash back.

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
I have follow your guide but nothing happen, maybe it need certificate file from BLU so that it can reflash the sw, using the backup one cannot flash back.

1. Can you get to fastboot mode?
If yes, try reset(wipe) from there.
fastboot -w

2. Can you get to recovery mode?
If yes, did you do factory reset?

EDIT:

I just went back to your original post with photo of flashing. I see you have changed the default flash from recommended "download only" to "format all + download". This was a very bad mistake. You may have very much trouble getting your phone to work again. All the help threads I have come across seriously warn against using format on ANY device that had secure boot layout. (99.99% of all new devices have, afaik).
Your friend who shared the auth file hopefully can help again.

Last edited:

polar2792

Oct 23, 2011
Gastonia, NC
Hi everyone. I've got a Blu Vivo Xi+ and received an OTA for a security patch dated December 5th (got the OTA push last night though). After updating (system update via settings - my wife just clicked it and didn't ask if she should first), it looks like it has completely removed sim slot 2 from every menu. I have two of these phones and on the one that I did not get the update from when I go to settings it shows 2 sim slots with 2 different IMEI numbers, on the one that DID get the update it now only shows sim slot 1 and IMEI 1. I can only use sim slot 2 (my sim card is tiny and only fits in slot 2, sim slot 1 is for the larger sim cards). Has anyone else had this problem or have any clue where I should start looking for a fix?

Android Security patch level - Dec 5th 2018
Baseband MOLY.LR12A.R3.MP.V22.1 2018/12/03 16:13
Kernel version 4.4.95
build number O11019
Customer Build version BLU_V0300VV_V8.1.05.05_GENERIC 03-12-2018 22:13
Hardware version P3.2

I'm new to the phone but not new to rooting and installing twrp and things like that. If anyone has any questions I should be able to answer them with no issue. I'm sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, if it is just let me know and I'll remove it. Thanks in advance.

I'm seeing this update now on my wife's phone. And it asked if she wanted to download it. It also explained that it is now eligible for Verizon service, and that the 2nd sim slot will no longer work. It's been there for 2 days and I've told her to not let perform the update.

We are in the US and use Metro as our carrier, so I'm going to go get her a new sim (the bigger one, hers is small) and do the update. You just need a new sim is all so you can use the other slot.

keweminer

Apr 11, 2014
I wonder why they'd get rid of the second Sim, it was one of the reasons I went with this phone. I have yet to see this update. Also, I use Cricket and went in and asked if they had any of the adapters (usually the part that's left over when you pop the nano out of the micro SIM card) and they just gave it to me.

Last edited:

Dpgx

Jul 14, 2010
I wonder why they'd get rid of the second Sim, it was one of the reasons I went with this phone. I have yet to see this update. Also, I use Cricket and went in and asked if they had any of the adapters (usually the part that's left over when you pop the nano out of the micro SIM card) and they just gave it to me.

Blu added Verizon support, looks like they may have accidentally done some firmware pushes to non verizon users. I can't post an outside link but if you head to the main blu page, there is a pdf explaining the vzw firmware disables the second sim.

I'd contact support maybe they can push a non verizon build out.

Reactions: KingKelley

Justin40785

May 13, 2018
Spring Hill
Help please

Hey guys don't even know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I followed the rooting guide to a t, I can't seem to get it to force encrypt it every time I've tried to flash "remove_encryption" it it says error zip not installed, can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong please?

mrmazak

Jun 16, 2013
Blu Vivo XL
BLU R1 HD
Hey guys don't even know if I'm posting this in the right spot but I followed the rooting guide to a t, I can't seem to get it to force encrypt it every time I've tried to flash "remove_encryption" it it says error zip not installed, can anybody tell me what I might be doing wrong please?

Screenshot of error, recovery log, something please.

Also which zip?

Did you try the universal force enc patch?
https://xdaforums.com/android/software/universal-dm-verity-forceencrypt-t3817389

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I haven't found much on here about the BLU VIVO xi+, so I thought I’d start a discussion thread about it.

The BLU VIVO xi+
    Basic specs from BLU's site:
    MediaTek helio P60
    2.0 GHz Octo-core
    Gorilla Glass 3
    19:9 Aspect ratio
    1080x2246 resolution
    128 GB storage
    6GB RAM
    Micro SD up to 128GB
    Dual Cameras 16 mp + 5 mp
    16 mp selfie cam
    Face and Finger unlock
    3050 mAh battery
    Wireless Charging
    Android 8.1 Oreo
    Dual SIM US, Carriers

I love this phone. It's my first venture into the non carrier locked, non pay as you go phone. After spending nearly a week with it, I can honestly say I've have never had a better phone. Yes, I've owned some very crappy phones by comparison, so we'll get the disparaging remarks out of the way. I've read the reviews and people's negative comments, but I've also seen some very positive reviews and positive user reviews on YouTube. Those reviews and a promotional email from Amazon helped me pull the trigger on this phone.

I'll post again as I gain more experience with this phone.

BTW I checked for updates the day I got it and a 500+ MB file downloaded and installed. I kind of wish I had waited, it'd be nice to know what issues might have been fixed
    Here is Android Pie for the Vivo XI+ GSM Version, NOT for Verizon because it would turn the phone into a GSM phone I think, which would mean it would work with AT&T, t-mobile but not Verizon.
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-bi9pZcbUnFHYrU8V1vq6VMhzxuxqK7H/view
    TWRP 3.2.3
    Patched Boot
    Firmware BLU_V0310WW_V8.1.04.04_GENERIC

Download

Install TWRP:
    1. Copy to Micro SDCard the file "Magisk-v18.zip"/ "remove_encryption.zip"
    2. Flash the "recovery.img"
    3. Enter into TWRP and Install the patch "Magisk-v18.zip"
    4. Install "remove_encryption"
    5. "Format Data"
    6. Reboot to the System
    Blu has responded to me. Your vivo xi kernel source s are uploaded.
    Hi everyone,

I am Thanh from Vietnam
    My friend in mobiistar provide me flashtool for mobiistar X, Blu Vivo XI clone, hope everyone can use this flashtool for backup Blu Vivo XI+ sw, it also have auth inside SignDA folder.
    Please download SP_Flash_Tool_exe_Windows_v5.1812.00.000 I attached on link below
    https://we.tl/t-AhQDCrnoK1