FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Chuwi Hi10 Air Linux Installation Guide

3,195 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,025
 
Post Reply Email Thread
19th May 2019, 05:26 PM |#21  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Another issue is that the screen in bios and Lightdm (login screen) is always in vertical position. I use keyboard and it is not so easy during booting. Automatic rotation works in Mint 19.1 xfce after login. What I do is to login automatically with no password. Then from Mint I can switch to Windows.
 
 
19th May 2019, 07:03 PM |#22  
Myself5's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikmag

Another issue is that the screen in bios and Lightdm (login screen) is always in vertical position. I use keyboard and it is not so easy during booting. Automatic rotation works in Mint 19.1 xfce after login. What I do is to login automatically with no password. Then from Mint I can switch to Windows.

Did you follow the OP instructions for lightdm rotation?
22nd May 2019, 06:02 PM |#23  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
The instructions mention "Now configure the Desktop Manager to start it after login." The problem is before login as well as bios too.
24th May 2019, 02:43 AM |#24  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Hello. Its been 3 days I have been trying to fix the touchscreen in various Linux distros. I haven't been successful even once. I do everything you've mentioned and on that link too with the silead firmware. I can't figure out. Can anyone please provide me a simplified way or steps? I will be really thankful to you!
3rd June 2019, 04:18 PM |#25  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arxym

Hello. Its been 3 days I have been trying to fix the touchscreen in various Linux distros. I haven't been successful even once. I do everything you've mentioned and on that link too with the silead firmware. I can't figure out. Can anyone please provide me a simplified way or steps? I will be really thankful to you!

Hi Arxym. I'm new to troubleshooting hardware on Linux, but I've made some progress. I think I had the same issue as you with the touchscreen. I took a look at the output of dmesg and found that the silead module was expecting a different firmware file name. I went to the /lib/firmware/silead folder and copied the firmware to the expected name:

Code:
sudo cp gsl1680-chuwi-hi10-air.fw mssl1680.fw
This got the touchscreen "working", upon reboot. Of course now the mapping is wrong. It maps upside-down and to the top-left corner of the screen . I'll keep you posted if I figure out how to fix this.
3rd June 2019, 05:48 PM |#26  
Myself5's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarClosure

Hi Arxym. I'm new to troubleshooting hardware on Linux, but I've made some progress. I think I had the same issue as you with the touchscreen. I took a look at the output of dmesg and found that the silead module was expecting a different firmware file name. I went to the /lib/firmware/silead folder and copied the firmware to the expected name:



This got the touchscreen "working", upon reboot. Of course now the mapping is wrong. It maps upside-down and to the top-left corner of the screen . I'll keep you posted if I figure out how to fix this.

That would imply that your device isn't detected as a Hi10 Air by the parameters I set.

Can you please PM me the output of
Code:
dmidecode | more
?

Preferably post it on some pastebin site like paste.myself5.de. Thanks in advance^
11th June 2019, 02:48 AM |#27  
Myself5's Avatar
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,025
 
Donate to Me
More
Thanks to @StarClosures testing I was able to figure out that there are multiple variants of the Hi10 Air and that some of them are not detected by the Kernel due to different namings in the DMI configs.

Based on information I had for my device and from StarClosure I built a new version with different detection. To everyone having issues please try to install the build from here: https://dl.myself5.de/Hi10Air/

You can install it with
Code:
sudo pacman -U *packagename*
and follow it up by updating the grub config (quick google search will help you here).

If this still doesnt work for some people please let me know. Also preferably attach the output of
Code:
sudo dmidecode | more
right away on that report.
The Following User Says Thank You to Myself5 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th June 2019, 07:25 AM |#28  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarClosure

Hi Arxym. I'm new to troubleshooting hardware on Linux, but I've made some progress. I think I had the same issue as you with the touchscreen. I took a look at the output of dmesg and found that the silead module was expecting a different firmware file name. I went to the /lib/firmware/silead folder and copied the firmware to the expected name:

Code:
sudo cp gsl1680-chuwi-hi10-air.fw mssl1680.fw
This got the touchscreen "working", upon reboot. Of course now the mapping is wrong. It maps upside-down and to the top-left corner of the screen . I'll keep you posted if I figure out how to fix this.




Hey there mate!
Hello everyone!

So yeah, after that day, I managed to fix the touchscreen on Linux and used it for a while. Disappointed. Very much. None of the Linux distros have a good touch support and the WiFi is pretty awful too.

So, I managed to get Android working on the chuwi hi 10 air. No bugs. Fully functional and rock solid stable android. Touchscreen fully functional. Tutorial coming soon.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chuwi hi10 air, linux support

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes