Chuwi Hi10 Air Linux Installation Guide

3,265 posts
Thanks Meter: 9,225

Post Reply Email Thread
22nd September 2019, 05:06 AM |#81  
Thanks Meter: 0

More
Any hope for the camera?
First off nice guide. I got everything running with Manjaro using Deepin. The touchscreen had to be calibrated using Xcal. My only issue is the cameras don't work.

Is there no way to get even alpha or beta level gc0310, ov2680, ov8858, or hm6040 camera drivers?
6th October 2019, 11:08 AM |#82  

More
Hi does anybody knows if our device has an internal PCIe slot fot a hd?
9th October 2019, 12:23 PM |#84  

More
1. Xubuntu touchscreen right click with 2 fingers
I did it with touchegg following the instructions : https://askubuntu.com/questions/3462...n-touch.screen
need to put the command touchegg on autostart.

2. Nautilus works better than Thunar
10th October 2019, 05:34 PM |#85  

More
Chuwi Hi10 air, problem with the accelerometer
I have seen in the forum the same problem that I have with the accelerometer, dmesg says: bmc150_accel_i2c i2c-bosc0200: 00: invalid chip 3

But I have not seen any solution. Is there a solution sl problem?
11th October 2019, 06:39 AM |#86  
Flag warangal
Thanks Meter: 47

More
A user sent me a PM to explain him how to install Touchscreen drivers. Putting it here for everyone's reference.

BTW, it does not work in Fedora and only works on Ubuntu/Ubuntu based distros and Arch.

1. After installing Ubuntu, make sure that you have updated all the software.
2. Download touchscreen drivers from this location. https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmw...e/linux/silead
3. Rename the driver to mssl1680.fw
4. Copy the driver into /lib/firmware/silead. The folder silead does not exist, you need to create one.
5. Uninstall driver xserver-xorg-input-libinput and install driver xserver-xorg-input-evdev
6. Install xinput-calibrator and run the program
7. Calibrate your screen and touchscreen starts working as expected.
8. Copy the settings in the terminal to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

It works permanently now.

---------- Post added at 11:09 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:02 AM ----------

BTW, my Chuwi has died. I have been travelling a lot lately and I have been using my Phone charger to charge up Chuwi. My Phone has QC 3.0 charger and can deliver 12 V at 1.5A or 5V 3A. It worked fine for a couple of days because 5V 3A is the rating of our Chuwi charger. But then the charging circuit went kaput one day and now, whenever I turn it on even without connecting the charger, it overheats around the USB-C port and it trips off within few seconds. It's not because of heat sink because the heatsink is still in place and I inspected damage. It's directly below the micro USB port. Broke the tab into thousand pieces and threw it away.

Bottom line - Chuwi charger is only 5V 2A one and do not charge it with a bigger charger. Once or twice is fine but if you charge like that for a month or so, it will fail as mine did.

Side note - I repurposed the Keyboard device to work as a USB device. It is a very simple mod and if anyone is interested, I can post a tutorial here.
11th October 2019, 11:40 AM |#87  
OP Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter: 9,225

Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by aveemashfaq

A user sent me a PM to explain him how to install Touchscreen drivers. Putting it here for everyone's reference.

BTW, it does not work in Fedora and only works on Ubuntu/Ubuntu based distros and Arch.

1. After installing Ubuntu, make sure that you have updated all the software.
2. Download touchscreen drivers from this location. https://github.com/onitake/gsl-firmw...e/linux/silead
3. Rename the driver to mssl1680.fw
4. Copy the driver into /lib/firmware/silead. The folder silead does not exist, you need to create one.
5. Uninstall driver xserver-xorg-input-libinput and install driver xserver-xorg-input-evdev
6. Install xinput-calibrator and run the program
7. Calibrate your screen and touchscreen starts working as expected.
8. Copy the settings in the terminal to /usr/share/X11/xorg.conf.d/99-calibration.conf

It works permanently now.

The renaming part is no longer needed after my device detection update had been merged in the 5.2 kernel. Also I wonder, why do you replace libinput with evdev?
11th October 2019, 02:32 PM |#88  
Flag warangal
Thanks Meter: 47

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Myself5

The renaming part is no longer needed after my device detection update had been merged in the 5.2 kernel. Also I wonder, why do you replace libinput with evdev?

Oh. Ok. So you mean that you don't need to calibrate touchscreen any more?

I replaced libinput with evdev because no matter what setting I tried to put for calibration in libinput, nothing ever happened to touch screen. The calibration remained the same. I tried it out in Ubuntu and Fedora. Never worked. And just installing evdev and setting up device in evdev also did not work. Once I uninstalled libinput, the evdev drivers started working and touchscreen was calibration worked perfectly.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
chuwi hi10 air, linux support

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)