FORUMS
Remove All Ads from XDA

Donating to Android Projects

14 posts
Thanks Meter: 5

By PixelPro, Junior Member on 6th October 2019, 06:23 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
I recently unlocked my Redmi Note 7 to experiment with custom ROMs, and I was totally blown away by the Pixel Experience Plus ROM. I love the Pixel Experience; it makes me feel like I own a real Pixel. I could never go back to MIUI again after this.

So for the first time ever, I donated to an open-source project. I sent a donation to the Pixel Experience maintainers, along with a "thank you" note, and it felt great. I was proud to be able to support something this meaningful to me.

I think we often take for granted the volunteers who maintain our favorite Android community projects. Considering the excellent quality of much of this work, it's amazing that these devs do this for free. Software development and hosting have costs, and these folks have bills like the rest of us, so maybe it might be time for us to start donating to our favorite projects, so these guys can continue their excellent work.

If I could afford it, I'd support all the projects. However, since I can't, I've made a list of the top five that I'm either supporting or intend to support soon.

1. Pixel Experience project
2. Google Camera Port Hub (Celso Azevedo)
3. TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project)
4. Magisk (topjohnwu)
5. Arnova8G2 (popular GCam modder)

I'd be happy if you would add your thoughts on this, and maybe share a list of the projects that you're either supporting or would like to support. Thanks for your input.
6th October 2019, 06:25 PM |#2  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPro

I recently unlocked my Redmi Note 7 to experiment with custom ROMs, and I was totally blown away by the Pixel Experience Plus ROM. I love the Pixel Experience; it makes me feel like I own a real Pixel. I could never go back to MIUI again after this.

So for the first time ever, I donated to an open-source project. I sent a donation to the Pixel Experience maintainers, along with a "thank you" note, and it felt great. I was proud to be able to support something this meaningful to me.

I think we often take for granted the volunteers who maintain our favorite Android community projects. Considering the excellent quality of much of this work, it's amazing that these devs do this for free. Software development and hosting have costs, and these folks have bills like the rest of us, so maybe it might be time for us to start donating to our favorite projects, so these guys can continue their excellent work.

If I could afford it, I'd support all the projects. However, since I can't, I've made a list of the top five that I'm either supporting or intend to support soon.

1. Pixel Experience project

2. Google Camera Port Hub (Celso Azevedo)

3. TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project)

4. Magisk (topjohnwu)

5. Arnova8G2 (popular GCam modder)

I'd be happy if you would add your thoughts on this, and maybe share a list of the projects that you're either supporting or would like to support. Thanks for your input.

YouTube Vance deserves a shoutout cause alot of people paying for YouTube premium cause they don't know better

(09-09-18)
6th October 2019, 07:00 PM |#3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 5

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoochyX

YouTube Vance deserves a shoutout cause alot of people paying for YouTube premium cause they don't know better

(09-09-18)

I'd never seen this app before, but it looks good. Do you support the developer?
6th October 2019, 07:02 PM |#4  
Thanks Meter: 346

More
Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPro

I'd never seen this app before, but it looks good. Do you support the developer?

Yeah it's always best to give input and feedback about apps so there productivity can get better...

(09-09-18)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)