FORUMS

Escobar Fold 1 - Available -

1,089 posts
Thanks Meter: 255
 
By sev7en, Senior Member on 3rd December 2019, 11:40 PM
Post Reply Email Thread
6th February 2020, 10:03 PM |#21  
sev7en's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
mmh it is better I don't comment...

"

Escobar Inc
07:58 (2 minuti fa)
a me

The phone is coming soon you got a free upgrade to Escobar Fold 2! (It costs more than the Fold 1). We had some production issues on the Fold 1 (took too long time to make). Fold 2 has better specifications and cost $399 (128GB)/$549 (512GB) and comes with more RAM memory as well. Slated for March launch!


The reason we ship books out first with the upgrade notice, is also to test and verify your address. We have had a large amount of users where we could not ship due to incompatible / incomplete addresses. You will receive a new tracking number under same ORDER ID! (www.escobarinc.com/track)"
7th February 2020, 11:29 AM |#22  
RawMain's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

mmh it is better I don't comment...

Honestly, IMHO You'd better start evaluating the refund request.

Until now there are 3 publicly known PEF2 units circulating = 1 media review copy and other 2 units, that have been delivered to as many 'lucky' users (who shared their experience through 'positive' Youtube videos).

All those 3 units are clearly "golden skinned" Galaxy Fold devices (dbrand style skin - lower quality = one has already started to peel off).

One user's hands-on video shows what seems to be just a ‘golden skinned’ Fold 4G – Region XSG (United Arab Emirates) according to build - PDA F900FXXS2SL8 infos (Antutu details).

However, there aren't further useful details about such devices' origin.


Even though I've even suggested (twice) to perform some basic IMEI checks (GSMA IMEIDB, imei . info warranty check) in order to verify Model - Manufacture Date - Country, no answers have arrived yet.

Besides, one of those 2 users prefers to delete related Youtube comments about such check requests... instead of politely refusing to clarify the real origin of his device (stated as overstock purchase by company representatives).


Therefore, also according to (too many) other "red flags" (including those cameo . com - paid video shoutouts of Chris Hansen , Anna Anka and Corey Lewandowski), that's IMHO enough to suggest to get your money back & forget about it.

8th February 2020, 08:35 PM |#23  
sev7en's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawMain

Hello



Honestly, IMHO You'd better start evaluating the refund request.

Until now there are 3 publicly known PEF2 units circulating = 1 media review copy and other 2 units, that have been delivered to as many 'lucky' users (who shared their experience through 'positive' Youtube videos).

All those 3 units are clearly "golden skinned" Galaxy Fold devices (dbrand style skin - lower quality = one has already started to peel off).

One user's hands-on video shows what seems to be just a ‘golden skinned’ Fold 4G – Region XSG (United Arab Emirates) according to build - PDA F900FXXS2SL8 infos (Antutu details).

However, there aren't further useful details about such devices' origin.


Even though I've even suggested (twice) to perform some basic IMEI checks (GSMA IMEIDB, imei . info warranty check) in order to verify Model - Manufacture Date - Country, no answers have arrived yet.

Besides, one of those 2 users prefers to delete related Youtube comments about such check requests... instead of politely refusing to clarify the real origin of his device (stated as overstock purchase by company representatives).


Therefore, also according to (too many) other "red flags" (including those cameo . com - paid video shoutouts of Chris Hansen , Anna Anka and Corey Lewandowski), that's IMHO enough to suggest to get your money back & forget about it.

I do agree and it is the 3th time I ask for the refund... with no reply back.
8th February 2020, 10:06 PM |#24  
RawMain's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

I do agree and it is the 3th time I ask for the refund... with no reply back.

If You've paid your order on December 3 (as stated in your first post), I suggest you to contact your bank / credit card manager in order to submit the chargeback/reverse request directly to Klarna Bank AB.

On 6 December 2019, Klarna Bank AB stopped processing all payments for Escobar Inc / Affideer AB because of over-quota chargeback requests.

Therefore, Klarna is still holding about 1000 transactions (received since December 2 to December 6) in pending state, because - following an investigation and official request - Escobar Inc / Affideer SA haven't provided valid information in order to allow to unlock & forward those transactions.
8th February 2020, 10:57 PM |#25  
sev7en's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawMain

Hello



If You've paid your order on December 3 (as stated in your first post), I suggest you to contact your bank / credit card manager in order to submit the chargeback/reverse request directly to Klarna Bank AB.

On 6 December 2019, Klarna Bank AB stopped processing all payments for Escobar Inc / Affideer AB because of over-quota chargeback requests.

Therefore, Klarna is still holding about 1000 transactions (received since December 2 to December 6) in pending state, because - following an investigation and official request - Escobar Inc / Affideer SA haven't provided valid information in order to allow to unlock & forward those transactions.

Hello, thanks! I sent a message to my bank about... what a company is
9th February 2020, 03:27 AM |#26  
RawMain's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

Hello, thanks! I sent a message to my bank about... what a company is

You're welcome . If I get further useful information, I will let you know.

It's a (very) bad company.

More than plausible that they have a similar situation of blocked payments (because of over-quota chargeback requests and/or term violations) also with Stripe Inc., that managed payments for less than 2 weeks (since December 6 to December 17, 2019)... and it is not excluded that they may even have already some issues with CCBILL LLC (that is managing payments since January 15, 2020).

They are not sending those books since January 20 in order to test/check the delivery address ... = they do it only in order to have full trackings with proof of delivery for the order IDs related to payments.
10th February 2020, 09:41 PM |#27  
sev7en's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
My bank cannot take any action... I have to make a request via Italian police than block my card then... it is so long and so... bureaucracy, as usual for Italy.
10th February 2020, 11:36 PM |#28  
RawMain's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

My bank cannot take any action... I have to make a request via Italian police than block my card then... it is so long and so... bureaucracy, as usual for Italy.

I understand the situation, also because it's not anyway an unauthorized charge on your credit card.

You don't need to block the credit card, since it is not a case of cloning or theft of credentials (phishing). However, yes, in Italy you must report it to the police anyway as first step. Otherwise, bank / credit card issuer aren't so collaborative without it and often even refuse to help to open an official claim.

There is the advantage that you can open the report online here , by attaching all related documentation = order email, payment receipts, communications with the seller, etc. .

Then you will still have to bring all printed documentation when you go to the police station to confirm the report.

Unfortunately Klarna Bank AB (same as Stripe) does not allow disputes, which aren't related to official requests of banks / credit card issuers.

Only CCBILL admits dispute opening procedure by users, but only for phone orders placed under its management since January 15th onwards.
11th February 2020, 04:30 AM |#29  
sev7en's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 255
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RawMain

Hello



I understand the situation, also because it's not anyway an unauthorized charge on your credit card.

You don't need to block the credit card, since it is not a case of cloning or theft of credentials (phishing). However, yes, in Italy you must report it to the police anyway as first step. Otherwise, bank / credit card issuer aren't so collaborative without it and often even refuse to help to open an official claim.

There is the advantage that you can open the report online here , by attaching all related documentation = order email, payment receipts, communications with the seller, etc. .

Then you will still have to bring all printed documentation when you go to the police station to confirm the report.

Unfortunately Klarna Bank AB (same as Stripe) does not allow disputes, which aren't related to official requests of banks / credit card issuers.

Only CCBILL admits dispute opening procedure by users, but only for phone orders placed under its management since January 15th onwards.

RawMain, thanks... I am not in Italy as I work in another country and I wonna assign that to my parents, anyway I hope at least others can get back the money.

There is any option for a class action?
11th February 2020, 12:59 PM |#30  
RawMain's Avatar
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Hello

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

RawMain, thanks...

You're welcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sev7en

There is any option for a class action?

Last week I've read about some buyers, that are checking to file a class-action lawsuit in the USA. Until now they're still in the "let's see how many we could be" stage.

According also to Affideer AB dispute with Klarna Bank AB about ~1000 pending payments between December 2-6, the number of real transactions seems actually much lower than the number of registered orders.

Besides, such online shop doesn't perform any minimum check = it's mainly aimed to bring users to the API frontend of the payment platform, when they select credit card as payment method.

You can indeed order whatever you want... even right now and without performing an associated payment.



Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-11 (3).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	4947971   Click image for larger version

Name:	2020-02-11 (4).png
Views:	44
Size:	44.5 KB
ID:	4947973  
15th February 2020, 06:23 PM |#31  
Deaddpool's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I'd place a very bold typed warning in Post number one of this thread warning others that this company seem to just be scammers. There's no phone it seems. Lol

But that just me.

When something seems to good to be true, it usually isn't true.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
escobar

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Message:
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes